Paul King

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
Could someone please tell me if they know what he's up to at the moment. He's the singer from the 80's band 'King'
also I'm in a 'deep discussion' as to whether he is gay or not, anyone know?
Cheers xx

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please tell me if they know what he's up to at the moment. He's the singer from the 80's band 'King'
    also I'm in a 'deep discussion' as to whether he is gay or not, anyone know?
    Cheers xx

Ooh, Paul King - lush! :D

I'm afraid I don't know what he's up to at the mo - the last I saw of him was when he was an MTV presenter - and I thought he was as gorgeous with his short, grey hair as when he had the black hair with the quiff and the sides up in a ponytail! :p :cool:

I went to see King twice in 1985 and they are still a couple of the best gigs I've been to - I remember in interviews he used to say he enjoyed performing (ahem :rolleyes: :o ) and certainly was a great showman (talking as if he's dead! :rolleyes: ).

As for his sexuality, I don't know for sure (my 'gaydar' would put him as bi :o ) but in virtually every interview, he used to mention his crush on Jessica Lange. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I think he is still at VH1 as an Executive Producer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Jessica Lange? She was hardly ever your typical sex symbol. Maybe this is his version of Will Young's I'd-really-like-to-have-tea-with-the-Queen comment.
  • Phil_Phil_ Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people only remember Love & Pride but what about The Taste Of Your Tears? An excellent, under rated track of the 80's. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting the highly unforgettable song 'I kissed the spiky fridge' :D

Like I said, highly unforgettable. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't say I remember that one. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember from the cover of one of their singles that he had exceptionally hairy legs...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fitzp wrote:
    Jessica Lange? She was hardly ever your typical sex symbol. Maybe this is his version of Will Young's I'd-really-like-to-have-tea-with-the-Queen comment.

Oh, I dunno - I'm a straight female, yet I think her scantily-clad, 'helpless female' role in the remake of King Kong probably did it for a lot of males! ;)
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member

I absolutely loved King!!! :p Including I kissed the spiky fridge! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I too had a soft spot for Paul King and loved "Love and Pride"!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Didn't he used to be a policeman before he was in King?
    Forum Member
    Get your boots on!!!! :D :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelicano wrote:

Heheheheh!! ;):p
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:

and don't forget your hairdryer ;)
    Forum Member
    Just seen Paul King on Greatest 80s Moments, or whatever it's called on at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, he was just on TV (50 Greatest 80s TV Moments), mentioning him as, indeed, the Head of Producer at VH1. :cool: :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I love Paul King, have done for years. Was so happy to see him again on telly on Monday night (greatest 80s moment) I wished he never left VH1 as I still miss him. (sad little me :( LOL) I don’t think he’s gay as I think he got married in 2000 but I could be wrong. Any other King fans who see him on the telly in future PLEASE let us know. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sam2002 wrote:
    I love Paul King, have done for years. Was so happy to see him again on telly on Monday night (greatest 80s moment) I wished he never left VH1 as I still miss him. (sad little me :( LOL) I don’t think he’s gay as I think he got married in 2000 but I could be wrong. Any other King fans who see him on the telly in future PLEASE let us know. :)

But he didn't! :cool:

See previous posts! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he didn't! :cool:

See previous posts! :)
    He's now running it. :cool: Whatever happened to Steve Blame? He used to be on MTV around the same time as Paul. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I loved Paul King in the 80's too..........so much so I married a guy who looked just like him!!
    Got quite a shock tho' when I saw him on TV recently...........my version has aged much better...........no sign of greys or gays yet!!!
    Forum Member
    sam2002 wrote:

If you're reading this Souv and that bit is true, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww heh heh heh, but then again, he still might be gay if it's not true. :D

Thanks all for replying, I thought he'd been forgotten about. ;)
    Forum Member
    So whilst we've got a King Fan Club re-united (who else joined the "official" fsn club in the 80's.....The Unity Club!) lets keep being Loved and Proud................great song............but my personal favouite was Crazy Party
    Forum Member
    Trouble! wrote:
    So whilst we've got a King Fan Club re-united (who else joined the "official" fsn club in the 80's.....The Unity Club!) lets keep being Loved and Proud................great song............but my personal favouite was Crazy Party

The Taste of Your Tears or Platform One for me. :) Just discovered that I don't have my old King tapes anymore! :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble! wrote:
    I loved Paul King in the 80's too..........so much so I married a guy who looked just like him!!
    Got quite a shock tho' when I saw him on TV recently...........my version has aged much better...........no sign of greys or gays yet!!!

Awww...I thought he looked as lovely as ever. Some men really suit grey hair, I think. My hubby is 34 but has grey flecks in his hair and I find it soooo sexy - really George Clooney-ish, 'cept he's better looking than him. If he ever gets the urge to dye the grey bits, I'll be like, "Noooooo! :cry: " :rolleyes:

Anyway, this little King reunion is cool! :cool:

I don't know where my King tapes are either - probably in the attic, though.
    Forum Member
    I still have my LP albums "Steps in Time" "Bittersweet" and all the singles too. Such a shame the solo career for Paul didn't take off cos' his album was great - we still play it. I've also got the official video of the 5 hit releases together with a home made video of almost every TV appearance they made - on Top of the Pops, Wogan, GMTV ( Slim Anne Diamond in those days!) :)
    Would be first in queue to buy ticket if ever they re-banded!!!
    King remain my favourite band of all time xx