Ever met anyone from Byker Grove?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Strange question I know, but the reason I mention this is because of Alexa Gibb. Remember her when she was in it a few years back? Well, I actually used to sit next to her in History at school in Year 7, ten years ago! Not that we wanted to, but we weren't left with much choice. We moved next to our friends once we got the chance. That was at Newcastle's Heaton Manor School, which was also attended by, among others, Jonathan Edwards and Pop Idol singer Aaron Bailey. I believe Jimmy Nail also used to attend there, too-my uncle was a friend of his when he went there! (A girl called Rachel in our class was an extra in it too, along with a couple of others!)

I also saw Ant and Dec at St. James' Park during Sky One's The Match! And I'm not even a fan of the show, either!

So has anyone else met anyone from Byker Grove?! :p:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That lass who played Angel worked in the indoor market in sunderland. I was there with my mam and I knew I knew her from somewhere.
    I didnt realise who it was till I got outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once on the metro heading for the airport and we saw someone once, Me and my neighbours where in stitches laughing, and so wass the mother, got off at the same metro station as we did too.

-Richard-
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my mates from uni was in it once, he walked down the road next to PJ and Duncan. Unfortunately it was not during the "Duncan, I'm bLiiiiind' era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I saw Andrew Hayden Smith (Ben) walking round Eldon Square and down Northumberland Street a couple of years back, but that's about it. If only I'd known then what I know now...

Oh, and can anyone confirm that in the episode some time back, when Noddy came on to Gary in the cinema, the exterior shots were filmed at the now defunct Warner Bros. near Manors Metro?
  • presshardypresshardy Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont mean to seem like a stalker or anything but here goes
    "barney" used to work at the mcdonalds at silverlink
    "bridget" worked at fenwicks in the toy dept.
    i was told "spuggy" also worked in fenwicks
    "terry" (andrew hayden smiths older brother) worked at the pitcher and piano( ..... i asked him what his characters surname was and he said he didn't know,)
    one kid used to drink in the avenue pub in whitley bay but i forgot his name. funnily enough i actually sat and had a conversation with him as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    wow i always wondered what spuggie would be doing these days :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blonde_Jo wrote:
    wow i always wondered what spuggie would be doing these days :)
    yeah...this was a while ago mind...... i never saw her first hand either. all the rest are 100% true as i saw them all personally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaliayev wrote:

Oh, and can anyone confirm that in the episode some time back, when Noddy came on to Gary in the cinema, the exterior shots were filmed at the now defunct Warner Bros. near Manors Metro?
    thats true i remember .....i didnt know warners was closed.... ive been away for too long.so many great memories (i went to see spice world there one boxing day :o
    )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spuggy? was that the one whose now in emmerdale? i met her tonight! first thing that popped into my head when i realised who she was was 'ohmigod, i finally have something to post on the 'ever met any celebrities' thread - unfortunately havnt found it yet, but she was lovely anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't remember her name but one of the real old skool used to work in Schuu on Market St in Manchester
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Ant & Dec, during their time on smtv/cduk.

Always wanted to meet this other guy from BG when I was younger, I am sure he was in the 1st series, was a bit rough looking, blonde hair, leather jacket but i cant remember his name for the life of me though! Anyone know who I am on about!?!
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok just found out the character I liked was called Gill!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    keli77 wrote:
    Ok just found out the character I liked was called Gill!

I also loved Gill!!!!!!!!
    wonder what he is doing now???

was devastated when he died!!

wonder what Julie and Winston are up to now aswell! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend met Jeff in Whitley Bay. SO sad when he died. Should have spanky instead. Little tadge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i almost met ant and dec in newcastle! They were down osborne road in some bars but they left five minutes before i came! Was soo gutted!
    At school Ant used to best mates with guy i kinda know too! Apparently ant and dec are just the same off screen as they are on screen :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Blonde_Jo wrote:
    I also loved Gill!!!!!!!!
    wonder what he is doing now???
    I have it on reliable authority (i.e. his ex) that the chap who played Gill went into professional poker playing. he appeared in a documenatry on the subject a couple of years back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I went to school with the girl who played Karen. I also met Ant and Dec when I worked at Newcastle airport.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The bloke who played Gil is now a director(he directed that poker documentary that he starred in)

I went to university with the lad who played Marcus(not sure if he graduated but I met him at trials for the uni football team)

He was in a boyband with a couple of other ex byker grove members. I believe he is also in another band now(similar to Busted)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Spuggy used to work in River Island in Sunderland, and later on in Fenwicks in Newcastle.

She also used to drink in The Ivy House in Sunderland - and yes, her nickname is... you've guessed it, Spuggy.

Nice lass, definitely not as annoying as her bloody character used to be anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaggy74 wrote:
    The bloke who played Gil is now a director(he directed that poker documentary that he starred in)

I went to university with the lad who played Marcus(not sure if he graduated but I met him at trials for the uni football team)

He was in a boyband with a couple of other ex byker grove members. I believe he is also in another band now(similar to Busted)

yeah ollie from "freestyler" used to be in "point break". with noddy. i saw them play at the fish quay festival in north shields
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    kezby_2k wrote:
    spuggy? was that the one whose now in emmerdale?!

Is Spuggy in Emmerdale? :confused:
  • andrewd_1984andrewd_1984 Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, presumably someone means Sian (Charlie Hardwick) who plays Val. Charlie used to be Geoff's assistant, until she left to work in Billy Elliot. Lynne Wilmot took her place for a few weeks, playing Tina, Geoff's new assistant, and ended up staying for three seasons!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    not met anyone but i met a girl in a hostel in nz from newcastle - who knows bridgette - got very drunk one night and told her bridgette was nearly a legend because of angel!!! emphasis on the being drunk!!!