Shakin Stevens

Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering, Im too young to remember him in his prime but my mum does and she thinks that he's gay? Is that true??

Comments

• ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I thought he was married? But then again, we're not allowed to speculate on people's sexualties as you well know young lady ;)

Funny though, my mum always said he was illiterate after watching him trying to read something on a kids TV programme back in his prime. After his performance on 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' last Saturday, when he couldn't remember the words to one of his biggest hits, I think Mrs SBGQ may well be right. The old bird don't miss much :D
  • CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that he is..........
    Welsh! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,309
    Forum Member
    CHUTNEY wrote:
    I can confirm that he is..........
    Welsh! :D

*shakes head*
    I was just wondering, Im too young to remember him in his prime but my mum does and she thinks that he's gay? Is that true??

Good old Shaky hasn't been in his 'prime' for at least 30 years - he was fairly old when his career took off. A bit like Geri Halliwell ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere Shaky is married and has 7 children
  • Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beee wrote:

Good old Shaky hasn't been in his 'prime' for at least 30 years - he was fairly old when his career took off. A bit like Geri Halliwell ;)

Ahh yes Miss Halliwell! She was 29 for about five years if I remember correctly. How strange. Back to Shakey, I wasn't really speculating(you were allowed to on Dotmusic, the stuff I found out of them!! :eek ) its just my mum was convinced he was Gay because she never really heard of him being married or having a girlfriend.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview with him in today's Currant Bun and he is portrayed as an arrogant loony who needs a sharp dose of reality :eek: (I would have posted a link but there isn't one. This means I have to admit that Mr Pru bought a copy of The Sun today - but as Fletch said in Porridge, he bought a copy of The Sun and 'something to read') :D
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Interview with him in today's Currant Bun and he is portrayed as an arrogant loony who needs a sharp dose of reality :eek: (I would have posted a link but there isn't one. This means I have to admit that Mr Pru bought a copy of The Sun today - but as Fletch said in Porridge, he bought a copy of The Sun and 'something to read') :D

Ooh, what sorts of things does he say then??
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,645
    Forum Member
    Still, he did once attack Richard Madeley during an interview, so he can't be all bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Still, he did once attack Richard Madeley during an interview, so he can't be all bad.

Hahaha. True :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pelicano wrote:
    Ooh, what sorts of things does he say then??

Well, apparently the interviewer got slapped when he wasn't 'getting enough respect' :eek: He said that his name was just a name and it's spelt S-H-A-K-Y, 'don't put in an E'!!!!

'Respect is due here I'm not just an overnight success'
    .... Blah blah blah...

Basically, he sounds like a right Prima Donna........... Shane McGowan p***ed is an easier interview!!!! :D
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Well, apparently the interviewer got slapped when he wasn't 'getting enough respect' :eek: He said that his name was just a name and it's spelt S-H-A-K-Y, 'don't put in an E'!!!!

.... Blah blah blah...

Basically, he sounds like a right Prima Donna........... Shane McGowan p***ed is an easier interview!!!! :D

I've always thought he was a knob
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I was really young about four or five my couisn who was around twelve at the time was a big shakey fan. She had posters of him all over her bedroom.
  • pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member

.... Blah blah blah...

Sounds very much like he was on GMTV just over a week ago - he acted like he really didn't want to be there and when something was said about Tiffany winning the week before on Hit Me Baby One More Time he said something like 'whoopee'! He also claimed he didn't know who else was on the show with him, etc etc.
  • TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pelicano wrote:
    Sounds very much like he was on GMTV just over a week ago - he acted like he really didn't want to be there and when something was said about Tiffany winning the week before on Hit Me Baby One More Time he said something like 'whoopee'! He also claimed he didn't know who else was on the show with him, etc etc.

I saw this interview and agree with you.

IMO, he was also quite cocky and smug when he won 'Hit Me Baby' last week, as if he just knew that would happen anyway. :mad: And he was ssooo crap on it too. :cool:

Shame - I quite like 'Merry Xmas Everyone'. ( :o:o:o )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:

I felt sorry for Fiona Phillips during the interview - it didn't go well from the start. She said "I don't think I've ever heard you speak" and he said "well ask me some questions and you will."
    Also, he was on Red Dragon FM (local radio) last week and couldn't answer a question without constantly plugging his new CD.
    Behaviour like that does him no favours IMO.
  • KoopyKoopy Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has never been liked. Always been very, very far up his own backside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if he's like that then he doesn't deserve to have a comeback!
  • markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's supposed to be really shy and doesn't actually like being interviewed because of that. Maybe he just comes across as being arrogant because of that.

Then again, maybe he's a sh1t.

There's an old piano and it's played hot behind the green door...
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that he won 'Hit Me' last week. I happened to catch him singing Pink's song 'Trouble' and he sounded worse than an alky on a cheap karaoke night, p***ed out of his head on meths!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that he won 'Hit Me' last week. I happened to catch him singing Pink's song 'Trouble' and he sounded worse than an alky on a cheap karaoke night, p***ed out of his head on meths!
    It was a poor week, hence him getting through.
  • megevemegeve Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    ..he won 'Hit Me Baby' last week,
    Possibly an inappropriate song if you believe the gossip about his relationship with one of his wives in the 1980s.

Gasgoigne, Chapman and Rooney might be fans of him.

I'm new, am I allowed to say things like that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megeve wrote:
    .*Allegedly* Possibly an inappropriate song if you believe the gossip about his relationship .*Allegedly* with one of his wives in the 1980s.*Allegedly*

Gasgoigne, Chapman and Rooney might be fans of him .*Allegedly* .

I'm new, am I allowed to say things like that? .*Allegedly*

Just incorparate the word "Allegedly" a few times that should suffice - Allegedly ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megeve wrote:
    Possibly an inappropriate song if you believe the gossip about his relationship with one of his wives in the 1980s.

One of his wives?? How many has he had??
  • TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megeve wrote:

Really? I had no idea of this 'alleged' gossip.

I take it back. I don't really like 'Merry Christmas Everyone'. ;)
  • megevemegeve Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    megeve wrote:

I am so very embarrased. I had him confused with someone else. :o

I remembered the name of the allegedly battered wife, googled her name and found she was married to someone else, not Shaking Stevens. I was actually thinking of Ms LG who was married to Mr AS, if you can make sense of that.

I humbly apologise to Shaky.

I feel a slap on the wrist or worse heading my way from the boys at DS. :o