Paul Burrell - yet another stupid interview

lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have just read an interview with Paul Burrell in the Daily Mail magazine. Honestly, that bloke winds me up and I don't know what possessed me to read it. I think it was utter boredom.

There is a smiley photo of him with his family outside his huge American mansion he has bought using the proceeds of his disloyalty. He tries to justify his actions and fails miserably - yet again. He also compares his celebrity status and, when bleating on again about the way he was treated by the British public, states "I don't think I had ever seen one individual so vilified for being innocent"... "It's very Beckham-esque. Our national hero gets torn apart. It's very sad". :confused:

What? What? Excuse me, but is this cretin now comparing himself to David Beckham and rating himself as a 'national hero'? Does this man's self-opinion know no bounds?

The Mail does balance it up with a few cutting remarks, and justifiably so.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;) Gawd. You've got some courage, admitting to reading The Daily Mail.

You'd never get away with it in GD or Politics!

He did come over as a complete creep though, didn't he? :D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I've no problem with Paul Burrell. He's a slimy and imbecilic little man, but the longer he makes a mockery out of the house of Windsor and gets air-time for his lurid and grubby little existence then so much the better.

The royals have become a cretinous Dynasty-esque soap opera, so this Man is only reinforcing the myth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burrell is a very, very strange man with a very, very strange Diana fixation. Lord alone only knows what went on there. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him.
    "I don't think I had ever seen one individual so vilified for being innocent".
    Innocent my fat arse. :D What was he doing with all that stuff? Nutter and no mistake. Probably has some stalker like tendancies as well. I had wondered why we hadn't heard from the whiny little imbecile of late, the fact he appears to have upped sticks to the US pleases me grately. Perhaps in future potential staff should have pyscological evaluations. Mind you if you want to work there, you must be some way to going off your rocker. ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he made a mockery out of the House of Windsor as much as the Royals did themselves. After months of investigation, police time wasted, the CPS time wasted, it all comes out.

"The Queen said I could keep them for safekeeping!"

Ah! It all makes sense now, with an alibi like that and how much it was in the media you'd think someone would have noticed earlier. The guy wouldn't even be famous if it wasn't for the dragged out trial and investigation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy was huge over in the states. It was the thing to have him at your parties. Freak that he is.
  • TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I did like him on IACGMOOH. :o

***Runs, runs as fast as she can for the hills, never to be seen again***
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Paul Burrell comes across as a modern day Uriah Heep to me.

I found him entertaining on IACGMOOH for all the wrong reasons.

In his words he went on the show to be "Paul Burrell" and not to speak about Diana, then proved as soon as he was in the jungle, that he was only there to remind everyone present who he used to work for - but also what happened to him as a result.

Some of his interviews in the bush tucker telegraph were cringemaking, as he often, subconsciously, imitated Diana - lowing his eyes and looking up through his lashes, and speaking in a shy voice. Other times he forgot himself and was as camp and as high as a kite.

However, after saying all that - he stuck the boot into the anally retentive Windsors big time, and continues to do so, albeit through cringemaking interviews such as the one in the first post.

He's oily, smarmy, creepy, subservient and irritating - but the Windsors are a LOT worse, IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad1 wrote:
    Burrell is a very, very strange man with a very, very strange Diana fixation. Lord alone only knows what went on there. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for him.

Innocent my fat arse. :D What was he doing with all that stuff? Nutter and no mistake. Probably has some stalker like tendancies as well. I had wondered why we hadn't heard from the whiny little imbecile of late, the fact he appears to have upped sticks to the US pleases me grately. Perhaps in future potential staff should have pyscological evaluations. Mind you if you want to work there, you must be some way to going off your rocker. ;)

I quite agree, his relationship with Diana seemed all too close.

Must say I'm enjoying his book though :o
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I quite like him. And he seems extremely loyal to Diana to me. I certainly wouldn't call him disloyal. His book about her was a good read.

If he wrote it himself, he's a very good writer.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    But I did like him on IACGMOOH. :o

***Runs, runs as fast as she can for the hills, never to be seen again***
    So did I. He was unexpectedly the star of the show, no contest. I much prefer him to any Beckham or Windsor.