Options

Bafta's very tacky so far

KoopyKoopy Posts: 848
Forum Member
✭✭
Well, don't think much of the BAFTA's tonight. Very tacky. Very badly put together. What is your view? ;)

Comments

• Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    switched off after corrie won they well deserved award. I can only put up with Graham Norton in small doses.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HellBoy wrote:
    switched off after corrie won they well deserved award.

I was going to switch off after Corrie won too but I did leave it on a while longer when the lovely David Tennant appeared
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koopy wrote:
    Well, don't think much of the BAFTA's tonight. Very tacky. Very badly put together. What is your view? ;)

I agree. The audience seem like they would rather be somewhere else too. I shall be switching over to William and Mary shortly. Better anything than Heartbeat though. :)
  • Options
    KoopyKoopy Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn: Turned over to watch 100 best album's instead. Bafta's tonight like watching paint dry. And the music is just awful :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very boring indeed how them celebs sit there for 2 hours i don't know i would of fallen asleep or got up and left i suppose most of them only go for the after show party free booze and all that ..........ant & dec had the right idea to go and watch newcastle in the fa cup :) much more entertaining
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SB fan wrote:
    ant & dec had the right idea to go and watch newcastle in the fa cup :) much more entertaining

I'm sure that they had a great day :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D van the man knocked the smiles off there faces
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only thing good in it was Izzards intro to Palin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the music was dreary. Wonder if the budget was too tight to pay for theme tunes to be played as people walked up to get their prizes?

I thought Graham Norton's patter at the start was embarassingly unfunny. Bitchy remarks about Camilla's wedding hat and Jackie Stallone's make up in Celebrity Big Brother is hardly cutting edge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Graham Norton + BBC + Weekend Prime Time= Boring Rubbish and another waste of my forced subscribtion,,,.sorry licence fee!!! Thank goodness for Sky Sports.........................
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I must admit we did end up slumped on the sofa watching most of this, although we missed Corrie winning :( My main thought was that some of the women were wearing the most horrible frocks I've ever seen at an awards bash. Quite why Gillian McKeith chose to cover herself in what appeared to be gold foil wrapping paper is beyond me, and the woman wearing the short nasty dress with the knee high boots - what was that about :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burstovary wrote:
    only thing good in it was Izzards intro to Palin

Eddie Izzard was great, although he was slightly upstaged by Amir Khan's ill matched fight with an autocue. :D