Options

I now hate GMTV, especially Eamonn Holmes

BooHooBooHoo Posts: 381
Forum Member
I was watching GMTV a few minutes ago, and while I was eating my breakfast, Eamonn started talking about phoo. :eek:

I thought OMG!!!It's only 7.35am! What's happening to the world? :eek:

From now on I am going to watch BBC1's Breakfast. Atleast they seem serious when presenting news. :)

Comments

• Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    I can't believe it's taken you this long to turn anti-Eamonn! :eek: ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Never mind look on the brightside, he'll be away after next week!!!!!! HOORAY!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dec1268 wrote:
    Never mind look on the brightside, he'll be away after next week!!!!!! HOORAY!! :)

yeah :) hes not presenting the lottery either is he
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always hated GMTV (and most other ITV programmes). Eamon and Fiona make me cringe, and there is another presenter-bloke with blonde hair-looks like a hugo boss advert-forgotten his name - who is one of the rudest, most self-obsessed presenters on tv.
    Also...
    How anyone can enjoy watching GMTV is beyond me, I mean, how can people enjoy watching a programme that cover stories about people dying of cancer followed by what foundation girl's should wear now it's spring, followed by someone who has written a book of war memories, followed by what some random celebrity has been up to at the weekend - and so early in the morning.

It's about time Channel4 get their act together and if not bring back Big Breakfast, then at least come up with something worth watching in the morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    pelicano wrote:
    I can't believe it's taken you this long to turn anti-Eamonn! :eek: ;)

Another annoying thing about him, whenever Man.Utd. win he always goes on, and on, and on about them, but when they lose and the others start taking the pee, he declares it a no-go area.....What a prat.
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMTV is possibly one of the worst programmes on tv. Not only are all the presenters awful, but the actual programme itself is too. It is tv for chavvy persons and the Man U loving, self-obsessed, boasting, greedy monster that is Eamonn Holmes is well suited to it.
  • Options
    TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMTV were heavily plugging "People's court" this morning, only for Holmes to undermine it all by saying that he'd be watching himself on BBC1's "City Hospital", which would overlap "People's court". Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! lol

Mind you, alongside Fiona "interrupt" Philips, or Penny "comedienne" Smith, Holmes does look relatively normal, despite his bad taste in football teams. Keith Chegwin has never been "normal" in my opinion, and Jenny Falconer is now showing clear symptoms of self-obsession required for employment at GMTV.

Any idea how long the GMTV franchise lasts for?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    GMTV's franchise lasts untill 2010.

Bear in mind GMTV is NOT a programme - it's a breakfast TV franchise, separate from the rest of ITV.
  • Options
    TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the government could extend the analogue switch-off to include a GMTV switch-off at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    hahaha, what the hell on earth is phoo?
  • Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hate GMTV!!! Eamon Holmes is a complete wanker, and Fiona Phillips is a patronising bitch! But sadly there is no alternative to it other than the dreary BBC Breakfast. I wish Channel 4 would try and do something like the Big Breakfast again.

When Eamon leaves they should sack Fiona and put Ben Sheppard and Jenni Falconner from Entertainment Today on. They are the only GMTV presenters I can actually watch without wanting to smash the TV to bits!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is Fiona Phillips is married to Martin Frizzell who is the Executive Producer of GMTV! So no chance of her getting sacked!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots2do wrote:
    It is tv for chavvy persons .

I watch it and I'm not a chavvy. I don't care if you bitch about it but you don't have to bitch about the viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watch it and I'm not a chavvy. I don't care if you bitch about it but you don't have to bitch about the viewers.

I agree. :)

Much as I can't stand Eamonn and Fiona, it's 100% better than the alternatives. And since none of you know me, can you really label me or anyone else a chav because I switch GMTV on at 6:00 am every morning?
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring Back Big Breakfast!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I like him lol! :p
  • Options
    TinkerbellaTinkerbella Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexj2002 wrote:
    Bring Back Big Breakfast!

It would certainly be nice to have an alternative to Natasha or Fiona. I suppose I could listen to the radio instead .... :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning I got so bored with GMTV i listened to my french revision tape, lord i must have been desperate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This morning I got so bored with GMTV i listened to my french revision tape, lord i must have been desperate.

Mon dieu, je ne comprends pas! ;)

Oh dear, it's been a long time since I last learned French so I'm struggling...! :o;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does Eamonn actually leave? The news of him leaving was released ages ago...but he's still there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Eamon, Ben or Kate Garraway. Penny Smith and her "witicisms" at the end of the news, weather girl Andrea's incessant rambling on, Andrew Castle's patronisation, Richard arnold, Keith Chegwin and Jenni Falconer are all extremely grating. It seems like most of the "bit" presenters are desperately trying to boost their parts. I agree - Channel 4 needs to kick itself into gear
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate and Castle are alright, I like the banter she has with Richard Arnold. I agree with above comments on Fiona and Eamonn cant bear to watch them
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Arnold: is that his real face or is it a wax mannequin? Or does he half quarterly injections of botox because he is seriously strange-looking.

Now that Eamonn's waddling off next week, here's hoping that Fiona 'my husband's the boss so watch what you say' Phillips will soon be following suit, once she realises how middle-aged and frumpy she looks compared to the other presenters.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    Richard Arnold: is that his real face or is it a wax mannequin? Or does he half quarterly injections of botox because he is seriously strange-looking.
    I'm not one to bitch myself but I hate Richard Arnold! I think he is the most irritating person on tv at the moment and that is saying something! :eek: :D I always wanted to watch that soap show on Living tv but couldn't because he irritated me soooo much! :eek: Its just like watching a constant cheesefest! :mad: Why oh why is he still on television? *desperation* Does anyone actually like him? :p
    /// Rant over. :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GMTV is better than the alternative breakfast programmes, and that says alot aout teh alternative programmes themselves. Even though i don't actually think there is anything wrong with GMTV, each to their own I suppose.