Options

U.S Imports Discussion

Comments

• Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Thornastor wrote:
    Thanks for the info

Can you please tell us the article about BBC bagsmore scifi series and see what they have got. ta http://www.c21media.net/news/alt_index.asp?article=17012&area=5

BBC got NBC's 'Medium' & six hour Sci-Fi Channel mini series 'Triangle'
  • Options
    ThornastorThornastor Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC got NBC's 'Medium' & six hour Sci-Fi Channel mini series 'Triangle'

Thank you ! :)

It was was already know they had them but i thought they had bought more than them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C4VE has confirmed that they have got the rights to Invasion
  • Options
    robhirobhi Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is supernatural the show with Jared P *&*%$%£ (the guy from Gilmore Girls) in it ?

That's the one (him and Jensen Ackles from Smallville)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    The only sci fi show that itv has shown in the past few years was WOLF LAKE with the babe that is Mia Kershner aka Mandy the lesbo assassain
  • Options
    speedingsoundsspeedingsounds Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    from c21.net

LivingTV picks up LA foursome 6 Jul 2005
    Following its trip to the LA Screenings in May, LivingTV is celebrating its biggest ever acquisitions deal to date with Warner Bros International Television Distribution, covering UK rights to four US shows.

Wonder what these shows are? Need a sub to access it. Can anyone confirm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    from c21.net

LivingTV picks up LA foursome 6 Jul 2005
    Following its trip to the LA Screenings in May, LivingTV is celebrating its biggest ever acquisitions deal to date with Warner Bros International Television Distribution, covering UK rights to four US shows.

Wonder what these shows are? Need a sub to access it. Can anyone confirm.

Too Close to Home - CBS legal drama
    Four Kings - NBC comedy
    The Tyra Banks Show - syndicated talk show
    Veronica Mars - UPN drama
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too Close to Home - CBS legal drama
    Four Kings - NBC comedy
    The Tyra Banks Show - syndicated talk show
    Veronica Mars - UPN drama

Are these the pay rights or exclusive rights as I really want to see VM as I don't have Sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The article just says the deal covers 'UK rights'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote:
    Are these the pay rights or exclusive rights as I really want to see VM as I don't have Sky.

I presume this means Sky didn't turn VM down because of the cost as Living presumably couldn't pay as much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    AnneUK wrote:
    Channel 4 have a habit of dumping the last season of a series - Homicide season 7, Third Watch season 6 - I'm sure there are others. And of course we all know how they've treated NYPD Blue. Just another item to add to the 'reasons why Channel 4 have their heads up their backsides' list.
    Well, they delayed the first showing of Lost too long for me - I've seen it and won't be numbered among their viewers. A small protest but it feels good to me!
    Please clarify some ambiguity in relation to Third Watch and NYPD Blue. Will Channel 4 Not be showing Third Watch -Season 6 and NYPD Blue - Final 4 seasons. THANK YOU
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about bloody time!

Gosh, the Olympics and Veronica Mars on the same day. No guesses as to which is the more exciting news.
  • Options
    speedingsoundsspeedingsounds Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I don't think cost was a problem for Sky. The only problem for them with the show was whether it was going to get renewed and its chances of survival.

This show is good for Living espically when they have just lost Joan.
  • Options
    InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderfalls notwithstanding, Sky seems to be tending towards the boysie side of things. In that I think they misjudged the appeal of Veronica Mars, but at least we are finally getting it.
  • Options
    AnneUKAnneUK Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managh - there are three seasons of NYPD Blue left - 10-12. C4 have the rights to 10 but we don't know when they're going to show it.
    S6 of Third Watch (the last) we don't know about yet - it usually comes in a package with ER (same production team) but there's no guarantee.
    For any Homicide fans who didn't see S7 on Hallmark, the R1 DVD has just been released
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnneUK wrote:
    . C4 have the rights to 10 but we don't know when they're going to show it.

This is planned for end of this year.
  • Options
    O2 X1O2 X1 Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Living having picked up the Amazing Race, does it seem likely that Survivor will get picked up by anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From C21 Media:

Bones (Sky One)
    How I Met Your Mother (BBC2/3)
    Invasion (C4/E4)
    The War At Home (C4/E4)
    Reunion (C4/E4)
    What About Brian? (C4/E4)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry me again..I saw an advert on Sci-Fi channel that they were repeating The Dead Zone from the start, I thought it started next Monday and was on every weekday at 6pm or something??, but no sign of it, anyone know?
  • Options
    AnneUKAnneUK Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume Sky One have bought Bones because of David Boreanaz' involvement? Does anyone have a take on it yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    AnneUK wrote:
    I assume Sky One have bought Bones because of David Boreanaz' involvement? Does anyone have a take on it yet?

bones doesnt start till the fall in the us i think, the us pilot is floating about on the net, i have just watched it and it seems ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh my god YAY!!! Pretty much all the US shows I wanna see have been picked up! I've got the pilots of Supernatural and Bones, but I havent watched them yet. Dying to see Veronica Mars, and Ally Hannigans new show how I met your mother looks funny too! Cant believe so many potential jems have been picked up!! last yr all i wanted to see was VM n no-one got it!

I would really appreciate if somone would make a new list with all the picked up shows on it. Thanks!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    O2 X1 wrote:
    With Living having picked up the Amazing Race, does it seem likely that Survivor will get picked up by anyone?

That'd be nice. I never saw the UK version which apparently didn't do well but the US Survivor is a fantastic show. I HATE reality TV like Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out and so forth. Survivor is just not even remotely the same kind of show. It's fascinating. One of the only shows I know that cynical SOB's like me AND mainstream type peple can both enjoy. It's range of appeal is amazing. It sounds silly because there is such a backlash against reality TV but I consider it one of the best shows on TV -- and I usually like shows like Arrested Development, Curb, Six Feet Under (which is getting better this new season after falling off) and so forth.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that How I Met Your Mother hasbeen picked up by the BBC, BBC and ITV seen to have been acquiring US shows such as HIMYM, Medium and Supernatural, maybe they are trying to gain the success that Channel 4 and Five have from their US imports.

slightly off-topic, do five and Flextech has some sort of deal with some of their programmes? I notice that after Living TV shows a new series of Charmed it is on five a few months later and this also apply to when CSI and CSI:Miami (and maybe CSI:NY im not sure) finish on five, they appear on Living TV.

Also, has Numb3rs been picked up yet? I ahve a feeling that five may pick it up as it suits their America's Finest format.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad to see Veroncia Mars got picked up. Watched the preview for How I Met Your Mother and it seemed okay at best really but its Alyson so I'm gonna watch it regardless.

Also, "Close to Home" has been picked up which I'm glad about. When I heard the description I thought it was gonna by soppy like Ally McBeal, but I saw a 6 min preview on the internet and it was really gritty, so I'll be watching.
This discussion has been closed.