Who has not gotten the software update yet?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,464
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have three Sky digiboxes and not one of them has received the update yet.

Panasonic, Grundig and Thomson are the makes.
Is anyone else in the same situation?.

Comments

• planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Amstrad Digibox is still showing the old software version. To be honest, I have given up worrying about whether or not Sky download it or not.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sky+ V2 is still on the old one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep poor A-M-S-T-R-A-D still no software. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Not sure, don't think so. When I press zero it still comes up 0-- and everyone seems to be on about some speaker icon that pops up. IS that part of the update? I got a Thomson Box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    The new update doesn't change that much, so I don't really see the urge to receive it. It had mainly one feature that I approved of, and that is being able to switch on and off subtitles without having to go to the setup :) Apart from that, mysteriously, it keeps broadcasting the same shows as before the update ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep neither of mine have received it yet. An Amstrad and a Pace :cry:
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    I'll add my two pennies worth.
    My PACE DS430N is still waiting to be updated.
  • JosephGJosephG Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no update on my Panny. Phoned Sky last week, got the technical dept...got the distinct impression that the woman I spoke to had absolutely no idea I was talking about. Still I shall wait and see wht happens.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my tomson box dont have the upgrade yet either! :(
  • malcommalcom Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panasonic DSB 50 . operating version number 1.2S4F3 no update yet.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    My Pace DS430N hasnt got the update yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Ammy DRX400 - doesn't have the update yet...

To find out, press HELP, if nothing comes up you don't have the update... or press 0 and look for the speaker icon on the bottom left.

John
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Sky+V2 Amstrad-Nope
    Thomson DSI 4210-Nope
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a thomson and it hasnt been updated yet1 :'(
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote:
    My Sky+ V2 is still on the old one.

All Sky+ boxes have yet to receive the update.

Obviously well documented, and discussed that their is a new EPG software release that gives you the new subtitle toggle etc. Currently this has only been sent out to a handful of digiboxes, others are still awaiting.

The only thing that has changed for Sky+ boxes is the Model number for the Pace V1 and the Thompson 160 box. This model number has not delivered any noticeable changes, certainly not the extra features that some digibox owners have.

The Pace V2 and the Amstrad Sky+, have still yet to receive the updated Model number.

Regards James
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    Apparantly there is a mystical way of getting the digibox to update, it usually involves a hammer :D

PS: Do not do this, it will seriously damage your digibox's health :D
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or will the Forced update bring the software?
  • Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forced update will just delete it until it's put on the forced update stream. Nothing on a Pace 2500 (Black) yet.
  • farfar Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd thing is came downstairs to see our Pace in standby. Switched it on and it was on Channel 998 - no update yet though....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panasonic TU - DSB 40 (now a black smouldering heap of metal) didn't have the update last night

Pace DS430N still has no update either, but I've only had it about 24 hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously why not be patient? it will happen when it happens. i really wish people never knew about this new software update!!!!!!!!
  • No-OneNo-One Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far wrote:
    Odd thing is came downstairs to see our Pace in standby. Switched it on and it was on Channel 998 - no update yet though....

My Panasonic SB20 did the same today. I turned it form Sky News to standby at 6:40am. Turned it on at lunchtime and it was on 998. "Update" i though, but no. Nothing has changed in the details page at all. A manual reboot didn't load any software in memory waiting to be installed either.

I know there wasn't a power cut because none of our clocks are flashing.
  • SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member
    steven21 wrote:
    seriously why not be patient? it will happen when it happens. i really wish people never knew about this new software update!!!!!!!!

Yep. Which is why Sky don't announce them in advance...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Gotten'?! This ain't the USA!

Anyway, my Grundig has yet to be updated. I came home today and it was in standby as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flippin' aida...............

Isn't the "official" line that the update will be fully rolled out by the end of the summer?? We're not even through April. It's not as if the update will bring you untold riches, a cure for cancer or the woman/man of your dreams.It won't even effect the channels.

For pete's sake people-give it a rest!