Options

e4 off air?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
Forum Member
Hi All,

E4 is currently off air in Crystal Palace, Im using a Nokia 9850T and all other top up tv channels are working. (Well Im watching the Royle family on UKTV Gold. Anyone else got the message (This channel is not included in your subscription, please contact ondigital) I know this is the default message on a 9850T before anyone points this out, but has anyone else been cut off from e4?

Many thanks in advance,

Trevor Bennett.

Comments

• Options
    MGN2005MGN2005 Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

E4 is currently off air in Crystal Palace, Im using a Nokia 9850T and all other top up tv channels are working. (Well Im watching the Royle family on UKTV Gold. Anyone else got the message (This channel is not included in your subscription, please contact ondigital) I know this is the default message on a 9850T before anyone points this out, but has anyone else been cut off from e4?

Many thanks in advance,

Trevor Bennett.
    No, we still have it in Mendip area :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Many thanks in advance,

Trevor Bennett.
    Yep...I have got that exact same message :eek:

Have Channel 4 pulled the plug already on TUTV :mad:

Tis the standard onscreen message of:
    This channel is not included in your subscription
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm in central London and I'm getting the message "no right to this mediaguard channel"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote:
    Well I'm in central London and I'm getting the message "no right to this mediaguard channel"
    sounds like the same problem :(
  • Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That means that E4 is coming soon on freeview!
    Will turn the subtitles on to check if they're broadcasting...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just a regional accident?
  • Options
    nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same on my Toppy; pretty much dead on 0100 BST, the message that I was not authorised to watch appeared, and the channel went dead.

Smart card data is valid until 31/5/05 and I too am on Crystal Palace.

Nigel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nwhitfield wrote:
    Smart card data is valid until 31/5/05 and I too am on Crystal Palace.
    I checked my subs date too just incase, and it's the same as yours.
    Let's just hope it returns at 4pm this afternoon.

Tis strange for it to disappear like that so late at night.
    Doesn't help TUTV's cause at all....bless 'em
  • Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know whether I had the same problem but I was looking for something to watch at 3am (coudnt sleep) and E4 was fine at this time
  • Options
    nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just corrected my earlier post; I meant BST, but of course 0100 BST is midnight GMT, which is what the underlying data for things like the EPG works with. Which is what prompted me to check the smart card info, so see if something had not been updated there.

Nigel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulsalter wrote:
    I dont know whether I had the same problem but I was looking for something to watch at 3am (coudnt sleep) and E4 was fine at this time
    it wouldn't make sense for it to work on one transmitter but not on another would it? perhaps it had sorted itself out by then....I think i crashed out at about 2:46am ish

i assume the encryption is added at a central source rather than more than one source.

can someone confirm this?

the message I was getting is identical to the one i get on Television X
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was workin fine round midnight-ish last night. Will have to wait til 4 and see if it comes on i guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed TUTV last night with regard to this problem:
    There currently seems to be a problem with watching E4.

My set top box is an old On Digital Nokia 9850T.

I have an oscreen message on the E4 channel that tells me that: This channel is not included in your subscription. Please contact On Digital.

I know On Digital no longer exists, and that now I should get this channel via yourselves. I have checked my card, and it is working on both UKTV Gold and TCM which are broadcasting at the moment.

Also, I understand that E4 will be going free to air under the Freeview banner next month.
    Have Channel 4 pulled the plug on E4 prematurely?

I understand that E4 will be leaving soon, but we will still be able to view it via Freeview.

Can you tell me please if there are any plans to replace E4 with another channel, in order to continue supplying 10 channels.
    Unfortunately, as expected, they didn't answer my query, and just sent the standard email that everyone else is receiving at the moment:
    Thank you for your enquiry

Yes at some point in the future E4 is going free to air and all Top Up Tv customers will continue to receive it. Top Up Tv are reviewing a number of replacement channel options for the near future. please could we ask what channel you would prefer to be added to the package?
    I think I am going to have to do some research and think carefully as to what channels I might like to see. At least then I know I have had some input and TUTV know what their customers might like to see...not that i am saying that we will get what we want though
  • Options
    MGN2005MGN2005 Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wouldn't make sense for it to work on one transmitter but not on another would it? perhaps it had sorted itself out by then....I think i crashed out at about 2:46am ish

i assume the encryption is added at a central source rather than more than one source.

can someone confirm this?

the message I was getting is identical to the one i get on Television X
    Mine didnt stop at all, I was watching it all night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGN2005 wrote:
    Mine didnt stop at all, I was watching it all night
    that's why i want to know how this can happen...cos as i asked in post 12, I assumed the encryption is put in place at a central source.....could there have been a feed problem somewhere that somehow corrupted the encryption :confused:
  • Options
    Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 is on the ITV/C4 mux which is sourced locally at the mast. Especially in London now the engineering work has been carried out which enables London to watch the ITV News Channel. Obviously, the encription went wrong at Crystal Palace for a while on E4. (The encription comes from a central point on all other TUTV channels).

About that standard message TUTV send, I would phone them and say you want to know what happened. Also say, you sent them an email, they sent a standard email about a different matter and you are unhappy about it. They might stop sending standard emails then. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orrysos wrote:
    About that standard message TUTV send, I would phone them and say you want to know what happened. Also say, you sent them an email, they sent a standard email about a different matter and you are unhappy about it. They might stop sending standard emails then. :D
    I won't just yet.....cos I also sent am email on this subject to another person at TUTV who replied to previous question...so shall wait to see if he replies to me first :)

So the encryption for my area could be sourced at CP?....is CP the main transmitter for Bluebell Hill?....as I think that's the source TX for my local TX at Dover
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E4 is working here right now, must be a localised problem??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrvanx wrote:
    E4 is working here right now, must be a localised problem??
    hope so...will check when i get home from work....eventually
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that E4 is working here now on the Dover TX.

I wonder what went wrong last night though. Was a bit of a scare, not that I watch E4 much, although I am watching Friends at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I'l get me coat!
  • Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    E4 totally normal off Crystal Palace at the moment.
  • Options
    alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, as expected, they didn't answer my query, and just sent the standard email that everyone else is receiving at the moment:
    I think I am going to have to do some research and think carefully as to what channels I might like to see. At least then I know I have had some input and TUTV know what their customers might like to see...not that i am saying that we will get what we want though

I replied to the email with some suggestions and they replied again with the "At some point E4 is going Free To Air... what channels..." thing.

At least read my email before replying lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Having started this thread early this morning, I too can confirm that E4 is now back on-air from the Crystal Palace Transmitter, thanks to all those who confirmed it was off air in their locations too. To sum up, we've not lost E4 off top-up yet. Not yet.......
    Trevor Bennett.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noticed E4 wasnt working last night around 2am-ish. I got the "No Right" message. First time ive seen it in ages, nothing remedied it either. anyonee??