Options

Error: Can't set reminder for this programme

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wanted to set a planner entry for BBC2 Scotland on Thursday at 7pm. The programme is a Gaelic music one, don't ask me to pronounce the name. ;)

On both my Sky+ (pace v2) and ordinary digibox (Pace 2600) I got the above error. Is this a fault in the EPG entry by the BBC, or is something else causing it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, its the same here, I have no idea.

The same thing happens if you try to do a reminder of a "...programmes start at TIME HERE"

On the day its on, try doing it through the search and scan banner, then it might work, it seems to for the "...programmes start at TIME HERE"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for checking that. I guess we'll put it down to an EPG or broadcaster error. :(
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it as well and got the same message telling me a reminder could not be set. When I tried to set it to record it came up with "Recording selection failed. Please phone 0870......... for assistance"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same here too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to evryone for confirming what I am seeing - a bug of some sort, can I be bothered to pay Sky for the privilege of being told to re-boot the box etc? Perhaps not... :)
  • Options
    DennoDenno Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Why don't you do a manual recording as you have Sky+, I just tried that on mine and it didnt come up with any error messages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to watch it live, but I wonder how many programs are affected like this. Makes "Never miss another..." a bit silly, doesn't it. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to phone Sky. Apparently, the BBC data is at fault, they're contating them to get it sorted (having checked that they couldn't set it either - nice to know we're trusted ;) )
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to have been fixed now,I just checked again out of curiosity and was able to set both a reminder and a recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they seemed to have fixed it in a couple of hours or so. Nice to know the system works!