Options

Sky HDTV Test's (720p)

Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
Forum Member
hey, wont talk much, but here is a small site with pics of sky's HDTV test's...
http://www.giusberto.ch/hdtv/
Site also contains a clip but your pc has to have h264 playback compatabilities.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing stills of 720p is showing it off great time :rolleyes:

p being progressive, ie. non-interlaced, ie. less flicker on moving pictures.

I see they have the raw transport stream as well, not many people will be able to view it though....

1080i is the future in my opinion. 1080p requires shed loads of bandwidth.
  • Options
    jimbojimbo Posts: 16,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What frequency is this on? Thanks.
  • Options
    Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    Not sure but it's on Astra 1. Your going to need a HD compatible box and display though.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Software do i need to play the Videoclip?
  • Options
    OtisOtis Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this "story" covered last September on Digital Spy (when the broadcast in question actually took place (for the IBC in Amsterdam)) ..?

Or am I imagining that ..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IBC being the International Broadcasting Convention which is the annual broadcasting show held at the RAI Conference Centre in Amsterdam around September.

This is where manufacturers and broadcasters get together to get hammered....sorry to see the latest products.

www.ibc.org.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis wrote:
    Wasn't this "story" covered last September on Digital Spy (when the broadcast in question actually took place (for the IBC in Amsterdam)) ..?

Or am I imagining that ..?

Nope:)
    The HD clip was captured from the feed that SKY provided for that conference, very basic demo of an mpeg4 based broadcast in the same manner the BBC did as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote:
    What Software do i need to play the Videoclip?

I used the latest Elecard player (free trial) and H.264 codec.
    I normally use VLC for playing back my HD content but it didn't seem to like the mpeg4 codec and I was advised the Moonlight Elecard works ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarrak wrote:
    I used the latest Elecard player (free trial) and H.264 codec.
    I normally use VLC for playing back my HD content but it didn't seem to like the mpeg4 codec and I was advised the Moonlight Elecard works ok.
    If anyone can work out what bits to download, please post the procedure here. The website is not that user friendly...

http://www.elecard.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow Dog wrote:
    If anyone can work out what bits to download, please post the procedure here. The website is not that user friendly...

http://www.elecard.com/

Try here. Get the Moonlight’s Elecard MPEG Player 3.0 (21 day trial)

If you want to just get the codec and try it with your favorite media player you'll get it here.