Options

Esure mouse!!!

beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Joking aside this is driving me bonkers :confused:

I have a microsoft optical usb/ps/2 compatible mouse, which, when I turn the pc off will not shut down.

I have tried it on both the usb and ps/2, with and without the drivers, and it still won't shut off. I have tried it on a freinds pc and it works perfectly ok. I pull the plug when I turn the pc off, just so I don't have to see the red light on all night. :rolleyes:

I am running xp home sp2

Any help or advcice would be most welcome. :)

Comments

• Options
    neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    i wouldnt worry about this, my friends pc does this as well, i thot it weird, still havent worked out why it happens as he has a giga-byte mother board as do i but different models :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mouse will light up as it has power going to the mouse.

My computer cuts power to USB and PS2 when the pc is shut down.

It depends on the typer of pc you have really.

-Richard-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both for your replies :)

It was working perfectly fine on Saturday, that's why I posted about it. I haven't made any changes or added anything, it just happened. :confused:

The keyboard powers up and down fine.

Oh well another one of lifes mysteries :rolleyes:
  • Options
    peeblypeebly Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello

Go in to the bios and try disabling something which on my gigabyte board is called "usb resume from suspend" and/or "power on by mouse". To test to see if it might be this setting, when your computer is shut down and the mouse light is on double click the left or right mouse button to see if your computer starts up. Also try disabling "usb mouse support" (sometimes called usb legacy). This option basicly allows the mouse or keyboard to function without being in windows, ie setting up windows or a boot application.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    Joking aside this is driving me bonkers

Calm down, dear. It's only a mouse!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-p-d wrote:
    Joking aside this is driving me bonkers

Calm down, dear. It's only a mouse!

I knew that was going to happen :D

I took a look in the bios peebly, but I don't see anything like that. I've asked someone to come and take a look, cos I'm cheesed :p off with it.

Thank you all for your help :)