Options

Philips DVDR7200 cancelled!!!

NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just received this from Philips, following an email enquiry:

"With regards to your query we can advise that the DVDR7200 release has been cancelled. The New model planned for release in DVDR7300H which will be launched in September.This will be a DVD Recorder with a built in hard disc, Further information including full specifications will be available at www.philips.co.uk/support closer to the release date."

So much for HDMI, dual layer and 5.1 recording in May...

Comments

• Options
    stephendstephend Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the world of Waiting-for-Philips! They did the same a year and a half ago with both the HDRW720, and the DVDR725 after that.

I bought the latter, and I have to say it was worth the wait - I LOVE it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did the same with the DVDR740, and we never saw that. From the message above, we may never see the non-HDD 7200 version.
  • Options
    NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I've lost patience... currently thinking of going for the Pioneer 520 for now, then in a couple of years go for a full HDMI hi-def compatible dream machine! The DV Out of the Pioneer is very attractive, and it can also replay NTSC as PAL, which I need.

Let's face it, anything bought now will be out of date in 12 months with HD-DVD and Hi-Def Sky anyway... the fabulous march of progress!