£49 for existing customers deal

DinglebertDinglebert Posts: 78
Forum Member
Got this from elsewhere but it worked for me last night. Yesterday Sky were allowing existing customers to purchase for £49 a refurbished Sky+ box with out multi-room. Must have some premium channels and you get a new 12 month contract. Box comes with 12 warrenty.

As usual with Sky they make you jump through hoops to get it. The only department which can give you the offer are the cancellation department. Some people are having to pretend to wish to cancel etc. I choose the more direct approach which was to let them now I knew the deal existed and they just transferred me to cancellations. They immediately offered the deal. I was on family package so upgraded to a package which consists of Sky Movies 2,4,6,8 and Sky Sports 1,3. I asked for sport 2 instead of 1 as I watch the golf. This was no problem. Installation is on Friday although they must be quiet at the moment as I was offered tomorrow.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Hi,

First post here, I only stumbled across these forums recently.

Can I ask what number you used for this? I'm looking to get Sky+, but really don't want need multiroom.

Thanks in advance,

Noel
  • DinglebertDinglebert Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    0800 7312079

courtesy of saynoto0870.com

the only people that have the offer are cancellations department.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Do you get a 12 month warenty on the reconditioned box or not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about install?
  • DinglebertDinglebert Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Leaskovski wrote:
    Do you get a 12 month warenty on the reconditioned box or not?

yes

And free install
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I just phoned Sky and told them I knew of this offer. The guy I spoke to said that he could do the offer but that I had to have Mulitiroom (I guess that was because he wasn't cancellation department!). I said I wasn't interested in that offer and when I started asking about the quality of the refurbished models he said that they could be any make or model but wouldn't be the new pace boxes. I said that I didn't like the thought of getting an older box and then he told me the cost of a new Sky+ box is now £99 for existing customers including installation. I didn't know this! They must have recently reduced the price. You have to have multiroom though. I've decided to take them up on this offer as I would prefer a brand new SKY+ box and Multiroom would be handy and I can cancel after 12 months and the box becomes a freview box. I'll sell my existing new style pace box. Sorted! Oh and installation is this Sunday!
  • digigriffindigigriffin Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just ordered the £49 deal from the cancellations dept for my dear old dad.

Not installing until the 8/6/05 though?

There did seem to be some confusion in the cancellations dept as to what this deal was and if it was available but we got there in the end.

I did have to go through the "you must have multi-room" ...but no you don't.

As both of my sky+ are replacements what I have just ordered should be just the same.
  • BeancounterBeancounter Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he told me the cost of a new Sky+ box is now £99 for existing customers including installation. I didn't know this!

Sky must be pushing this offer at the moment, i heard an ad on Virgin this morning to that effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I tried this on with Sky today.

a. Under no circumstances could they offer it without Multiroom.

b. They can give no guarantee as to what make and model of equipment would be fitted.

Did a lot of negotiating but to no avail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Just tried ringing Sky on the number above they said the offer has been withdrawn, due to demand!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Rang up at 2.15 and told them I wanted cancellation dept, was told only a small number of sets and tried to give me all the sales patter, I asked if
    they had any left? he went away and came back, I am getting mine friday and want to know the best way to do it- I have sky in the lounge and a cable so we can watch it in the bedroom, i was thinking about getting the sky+ in the sitting room (which we use all the time) would that mean the other sky box would only be freeview? any ideas would be welcome, thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    The only problem is you do get one of the older and larger boxes which we never put in except on these jobs.
  • digigriffindigigriffin Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay so you might get an old box but that's what both of mine are anyway.

I payed £199 plus installation and three weeks later have to get it swapped out and you have now got a recon that you could now buy for just £49!

Neither of my two Sky+ are originals as both have been swapped out at least once.

So if I don't like what is delivered, it could then have a fault and it would be swapped out?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALMOND wrote:
    Rang up at 2.15 and told them I wanted cancellation dept, was told only a small number of sets and tried to give me all the sales patter, I asked if
    they had any left? he went away and came back, I am getting mine friday and want to know the best way to do it- I have sky in the lounge and a cable so we can watch it in the bedroom, i was thinking about getting the sky+ in the sitting room (which we use all the time) would that mean the other sky box would only be freeview? any ideas would be welcome, thanks

As I understand it , Your second box will become a mirror of the first box in the lounge but it will cost an extra £10 per month for the priviledge and a second card and you'll need to keep both boxes connected to a phone line for the life of the second box , you do subscribe to sports or movies I assume ?