Options

Prem Plus

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
Forum Member
Hi All,

I have recently signed up to Sky and am just wondering do you guys think Prem plus is worth getting?

Thanks
Andrew

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I can't give you a definitive answer but i will tell you what happened to me which might help.

As a supporter of a new prem team last season (that's now departing) i swallowed all the hype and paid £50 for a season ticket. At the time i was a relative newbie to sky and when i asked them how much a game would be they said they did not know but it could be as much as £15. And i'd read that each side could expect to be on sky 12 times - half of them on PPV and i thought "yikes, i;d better have it".

The reality was thus: whilst there were indeed 12 live games in the end only four were on PPV. All of those were at home and i went to watch each one anyway. As i had sky sports i could have watched these for £6 each if i was not going anyway.

So i paid £50 and watched precisely no games on prem plus. If we'd stayed up i would not buy it again!
  • Options
    dsweetenhamdsweetenham Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prem Plus is a great extra service if you understand that most of the games will be at 12:15/17:15 on a Saturday with a few on Sundays or midweek. So dont order it if you work Saturdays!

If you dont appreciate football outside of your team then perhaps you may not enjoy it, but as a fan of someone whose team are in the conference i think is worth £50 and have already ordered it (along with the Hatton fight!!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replies,

Sky is going to be installed tomorrow with multiroom and I was wondering my dad is paying for Sky with multiroom on his credit card and I am just wondering could I order a PremPlus season ticket now using my own debit card even though Sky has not been installed yet?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Andrew
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andrew_2k3 wrote:
    Thanks for your replies,

Sky is going to be installed tomorrow with multiroom and I was wondering my dad is paying for Sky with multiroom on his credit card and I am just wondering could I order a PremPlus season ticket now using my own debit card even though Sky has not been installed yet?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Andrew

If it's like last year the £50 offer (which expires on Sunday I think) is likely to be repeated in August for a limited period when the season starts. By then you will probably have a schedule of the Prem Plus games up until Christmas, so you can make a decision based on this schedule.

I'm a big football fan but even I decided that I didn't need the extra 40 games because there were so many other live games being shown across the channels.

During the FA Cup Final John Motson mentioned that there were only three live games on TV in 1979. Apparently Sky's average audience per match has fallen on last season and there is a real danger of having too many live matches IMO.
  • Options
    happy_andyhappy_andy Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    It needs to be ordered before sunday this year.
    You can call up and order it, then give them your debit card details yes. I phone up and payed £50 on my debit card of my balance as next month they were set to take like £96 out my account so i thought i'd better pay some of it now to save hassle later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, what I am saying is would it be ok to pay on my debit card for the season ticket even though my dad is paying the bill on his credit card. (Im just paying half the monthly fee in cash to him).

So I was just thiniking of maybe using my debit card to order Prem Plus but may cause a problem as Im not the account holder.
  • Options
    TallaricoTallarico Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I have ordered prem plus every year since it was introcuced. However I dont intend to get it this year, as most of the games are on saturday mornings or saturday evenings.I hate the 12.15 kick offs. Plus if your team is on one of the saturday prem plus games,you will be able to see 50 minute highlights later in the night on football first as part of the sky sports package. 50 extra games for 50 pound is quite good value,but you will find that you will only watch a percentage of these games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I have the sports package now, but does anyone know if I can pay the £50 by sunday and then cancel my whole sky sub and still get Prem+ games throughout the season?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brookester wrote:
    I have the sports package now, but does anyone know if I can pay the £50 by sunday and then cancel my whole sky sub and still get Prem+ games throughout the season?

from the terms and conditions page here
    http://czone.sky.com/customerzone/article/0,2129,1142979,00.html

To view Prem Plus you must be an active Sky digital subscriber. Suspension or termination of your Sky digital viewing will also suspend or terminate your Premiership Plus viewing.

and

The price payable for PremPlus depends on whether you are a residential subscriber to one or both of Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Sky digital at the time you order.

So , if you cancel you lose prem plus
  • Options
    kandrews8098kandrews8098 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    brookester wrote:

You can get the terms up by pressing the coloured buttons... but i'm sure if you cancel sky sports they cancel prem plus too.
  • Options
    pierreukpierreuk Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Prem Plus is a great extra service if you understand that most of the games will be at 12:15/17:15 on a Saturday with a few on Sundays or midweek. So dont order it if you work Saturdays!

If you dont appreciate football outside of your team then perhaps you may not enjoy it, but as a fan of someone whose team are in the conference i think is worth £50 and have already ordered it (along with the Hatton fight!!).

Well the previous year it was the Sundays at 2pm, they changed it to Saturdays without warning and a lot of people who bought Prem Plus season tickets couldn't get refunded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

whilst looking round prem plus pages on google i saw this info

When subscribing to Premiership Plus you will receive Setanta SPL as a bonus channel.

from this page

http://avcmedia.com/index/premiership_plus

I had prem plus in 2004 / 2005 and was not aware I could view Setanta Spl as a bonus channel
    :-(

$T€V€
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

or maybe you can

"If you do not subscribe to Sky Sports 1 or 2, a PremPlus season ticket will cost you £100."

$T€
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    Hi

whilst looking round prem plus pages on google i saw this info

When subscribing to Premiership Plus you will receive Setanta SPL as a bonus channel.

from this page

http://avcmedia.com/index/premiership_plus

I had prem plus in 2004 / 2005 and was not aware I could view Setanta Spl as a bonus channel
    :-(

$T€V€
    That site is wrong i'm afraid. You definitely didn't/won't get the Setanta SPL channel with Prem Plus.
    but i'm sure if you cancel sky sports they cancel prem plus too.

If you cancel your sports you still get prem plus as its completely seperate. If you cancel altogether then you would not get the prem plus, but just reducing yuor package does not affect it once ordered.
    pierreuk wrote:
    Well the previous year it was the Sundays at 2pm, they changed it to Saturdays without warning and a lot of people who bought Prem Plus season tickets couldn't get refunded.
    They wouldn't get refunded. Sky didn't say the day and time all the matches would be on. You pay for the games, it wasn't stipulated that they would all be on Sundays unfortunately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am with the many who for this season won't actually bother getting PP. I watched less than half of them last season and I can't see the point of £50 leaving my pocket for something I don't feel I'm getting value for.

With the Premiership, Football First, Champions League, Worthless Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup et al on TV, it's hard enough for the wife to watch what she wants anyway ;)

Will this be the package Sky lets go next time around? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am with the many who for this season won't actually bother getting PP. I watched less than half of them last season and I can't see the point of £50 leaving my pocket for something I don't feel I'm getting value for.

With the Premiership, Football First, Champions League, Worthless Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup et al on TV, it's hard enough for the wife to watch what she wants anyway ;)

I doubt they will let go of it,
    I wish they did as we already pay a premium for the sports but even if only 200,000 people buy it thats another £10 million for sky, plus people who pay £75 for it, plus the people that pay per match. We're being laughed at!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    happy_andy wrote:
    I doubt they will let go of it,
    I wish they did as we already pay a premium for the sports but even if only 200,000 people buy it thats another £10 million for sky, plus people why pay £75 for it, plus the people that pay per match. We're being laughed at!
    Remember though Sky pay extra themselves to acquire the rights to show these games. These are extra on top of the Premiership games they show on Sky Sports
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Remember though Sky pay extra themselves to acquire the rights to show these games. These are extra on top of the Premiership games they show on Sky Sports

Yep thats true, but on the other hand they include ample advertising on these match's.
    It would make more sence includig PPV football and movies in the packages i would tihnk because i for one have only twice bought a PPV movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member

Same for me not bothering this year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I was wondering if the £50 offer gets repeated before the season starts. Not a good month for me financially at the moment so would like to put off the charge for as long as poss.
  • Options
    samburrowssamburrows Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been repeated every year since they started doing this. Can't see this year being much different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Usually comes back on around 1st august
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep and then £25 in decemeber.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the standard price has gone up from £75 last season to £80!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Good - I can afford to feed the family for another month then. By the way, I still haven't been charged for about 3 pay per view matches (and a couple of films) from season before last. May have something to do with unplugging the phone lead after ordering but I'd have thought they would have caught up with me by now.