Options

Freeview PVR Pricewatch

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    found post about a price on the Topfield (see above) for £159.99 - not bad.

New kids on the block is Sagem PVR6680t (80Gb) and PVR66160t (160Gb). John Lewis found by someone to be selling the 80Gb model for £199 and is currently in stock.

These PVRs have slots for all kinds of memory cards to upload paictures and albums to the PVR and has two USB2 slots for attaching to a USB printer or hooking up to your PC. Not sure about the overal usefulness of it all yet until I have read more about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Bush IDVDR80IB, I received more information about this from Bush Support who at first did not recognise this PVR until I could provide proof of where I found it advertised!

Contrary to what it says on 3 or 4 web sites advertising this one, it does not do pay TV, and it was confirmed that this model does not dual record, hence why I've moved it in the table.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Marc - spotted a typo in the list. It's ws3.homecinematv.co.uk

Great idea starting this thread - it'll save people loads. I notice that the Inverto is starting to look a little pricey these days...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirro wrote:
    Marc - spotted a typo in the list. It's ws3.homecinematv.co.uk

Great idea starting this thread - it'll save people loads. I notice that the Inverto is starting to look a little pricey these days...

OK thanks. I have a new laptop and you have to press the keys much more firmly/precisely. Not until I write in MS Word with auto detect spelling that I can see how many letters get missed in my sentences !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Re Bush IDVDR80IB, I received more information about this from Bush Support who at first did not recognise this PVR until I could provide proof of where I found it advertised!

Contrary to what it says on 3 or 4 web sites advertising this one, it does not do pay TV, and it was confirmed that this model does not dual record, hence why I've moved it in the table.
    Marc,

Don't know if you realise this but the Bush boxes are just rebadged (re-cosmetic'd) Fusion boxes so have all the same features (and limitations). As yet Fusion don't do a TUTV PVR so no surprise that Bush don't!

It's interesting that you can get Fusion 100 for £120.50 while the Bush version of the 40GB machine is £199.99 - makes you wonder why ANYONE would buy Bush? At least the 80G version is the same price as the Fusion 150.

Cliff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJL wrote:
    Marc,

Don't know if you realise this but the Bush boxes are just rebadged (re-cosmetic'd) Fusion boxes so have all the same features (and limitations). As yet Fusion don't do a TUTV PVR so no surprise that Bush don't!

It's interesting that you can get Fusion 100 for £120.50 while the Bush version of the 40GB machine is £199.99 - makes you wonder why ANYONE would buy Bush? At least the 80G version is the same price as the Fusion 150.

Cliff

Cliff, I agree and have thought the pricing difference between the 40Gb Bush and 40Gb Fusion is weird.

The new Bush IDVDR80IB has a twin tuner but can not dueal record - which the Fusions can - so I wonder if that one now isn't based on Fusion product.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    OK thanks. I have a new laptop and you have to press the keys much more firmly/precisely. Not until I write in MS Word with auto detect spelling that I can see how many letters get missed in my sentences !

That's dangerous. I misspelled tat once, and only realised it had been auto-corrected with the wrong vowel when I got a phone call a couple of days later. What a silly tat I am. ;)

Keep up the good work with this thread. I'm watching it more than the Inverto/Toppy threads because I'm thinking of getting somebody a cheap 'n cheerful PVR for Christmas after I've got my Toppy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Don't forget you can get discounts at lxdirect too, upto 10%, would bring the the Fusion 200 down to £162....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/Category41-All.phtml

Plus if you use this cashback site another 4.5% can be had......

http://www.quidco.com/content/view/174/82/

P.S, I havbe no affiliation with the above, just love a bargain!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    please make this a stciky - its great to hear the latest deals when you are on verge of buying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markycauli wrote:
    please make this a stciky - its great to hear the latest deals when you are on verge of buying.

Hi. What is a sticky and how do you do that??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Panasonic TUCTH100 (80Gb) £229.99 delivery £6 www.hughesdirect.co.uk
    This site now has a price of £259.99 and is out of stock. Unbeatable are listing at £234.99, but also out of stock
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    A sticky sticks to the top of the forum page if the site moderator thinks its important to be one of the first few items listed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Villarica wrote:
    This site now has a price of £259.99 and is out of stock. Unbeatable are listing at £234.99, but also out of stock

Villarica, doesn't look like there is much around at the moment.

If you are willing to spend £4 more (but they look like they have some in) at avland.co.uk at £239.99 with free delivery.

Cant see anything better at the moment unless people can throw in some pointers. They seem to be in the £245 to £260 mark at the moment - due to stock?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markycauli wrote:
    A sticky sticks to the top of the forum page if the site moderator thinks its important to be one of the first few items listed.

If this is the general consensus I can ask?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    I think it's a good idea, as long as it continues to be kept up-to-date. It seems there is a fairly large number of lurkers/PVR virgins who would benefit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Villarica wrote:
    I think it's a good idea, as long as it continues to be kept up-to-date. It seems there is a fairly large number of lurkers/PVR virgins who would benefit.

Dont you just love the word 'lurker'. I cant believe its nearly 4000 views on this thread. No problem updating this regularly but was kind of hoping everyone else chips in with what they know too - for the benfit of everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    I think it's a great idea - on other "vBulletin" boards there's usually a "report this post to a moderator" button which is the easy way to contact a moderator but I don't know how you do that here on DS in order to ask - they can only say "no" after all so it has to be worth asking.

Cliff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:

I received an email this morning from additions direct regarding the Bush IDVDR80IB.

They have been advised by Bush that the recorder does not have a pay TV card slot and are amending the website regarding this information. The unit is a single tuner version and will be delivered by the end of August due to software delays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a bit strange that there seems to be a lot of "out of stock" notices for the Panasonic TUCTH100 both online and high street.

However, Panasonic said today they have recalled all unsold boxes so they can be updated with new firmware.
  • Options
    The EagleThe Eagle Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    I thought it was a bit strange that there seems to be a lot of "out of stock" notices for the Panasonic TUCTH100 both online and high street.

However, Panasonic said today they have recalled all unsold boxes so they can be updated with new firmware.

Just spoke to Panasonic, they are only recalling them to update the software to 0.47
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Eagle wrote:
    Just spoke to Panasonic, they are only recalling them to update the software to 0.47

I think the ones on shelves/unsold stock have the old one.

I would have thought it would be quite an expensive move, however they have their brand name to protect I suppose and cant afford the product to be sold to ordinary consumers in a potentially unreliable state. They also have much bigger resources which I suppose enable them to do that.
  • Options
    The EagleThe Eagle Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    I think the ones on shelves/unsold stock have the old one.

I am certain they do still have the old software.

marcdavis wrote:
    I would have thought it would be quite an expensive move, however they have their brand name to protect I suppose and cant afford the product to be sold to ordinary consumers in a potentially unreliable state. They also have much bigger resources which I suppose enable them to do that.

Unfortunately I think the damage to their name has already been done, by launching this PVR with so so many problems :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    TopUp TV Topfield TF5800t (160Gb) £259.99 delivery £6 varies ws3.homecinemtv.co.uk

As stated before, that isn't the TUTV price, but anyway, ISTM that Turbosat is offering the lowest price now. I've just ordered a Toppy with free TUTV cam and card for £299 and they're not charging postage.

You have to ring these orders through though and *ask* about the free TUTV cam & card offer -- which is their idea of pricematching.

As the TUTV cam & card normally costs £49.95 separately, that puts the individual Toppy price at £249 UKP when bought as part of this offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just clarified, and the homecinematv price is wrong anyway (I'm sure they've just increased it btw):

It is: £265.99 + £6 Delivery
    TUTV Upgrade is: £38.79

Grand total of £310.78 compared to £299.00 from Turbosat (provided you phone and request the offer).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walker.M I think most people know that although a particular PVR or normal freeview box is said to be compatible with TopUp TV, that it is not free.

Should you decide to have topup tv at anystage or want to get it at time of purchase you should expect to pay for it somehow. I wouldnt be suprised if you can get a better deal if you buy a freeview box or PVR with a combined TopUp TV included as part of the deal.