Options

Homophobia and Dr Who

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
Forum Member
In the last episode of Dr Who, JOhn Barrowman's character kissed the Doctor goodbye. Check out this post on Outpost Gallifrey. There are some sick puppies out there who really don't get the underlying message of Dr Who...post away on OG to show your disapproval of these sick bastards. And you might want to ask why the moderator of OG is not barring them but instead letting them post links to the Family Research Council and 'Curing homosexuals' web sites.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43116&page=1

Comments

• Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sidrat wrote:
    In the last episode of Dr Who, JOhn Barrowman's character kissed the Doctor goodbye. Check out this post on Outpost Gallifrey. There are some sick puppies out there who really don't get the underlying message of Dr Who...post away on OG to show your disapproval of these sick bastards. And you might want to ask why the moderator of OG is not barring them but instead letting them post links to the Family Research Council and 'Curing homosexuals' web sites.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43116&page=1
    I'm not a member , what does it say?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    There are pages of the stuff - thankfully it's balanced by other posters telling them that they are out of order.

Happily, it seems posters to this website are a little more tolerant and enlightened, and are not stuck in the dark ages. As I've always said, there is OG, and there is DS. ;)
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote:
    I think I've probably heard enough...but then again, it is OG so hardly surprising :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    There are pages of the stuff - thankfully it's balanced by other posters telling them that they are out of order.

Happily, it seems posters to this website are a little more tolerant and enlightened, and are not stuck in the dark ages. As I've always said, there is OG, and there is DS. ;)

Fair enough DW, I trust your judgement. Glad to be DoSser than a OGler

Cj
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    cj592 wrote:

Among the little gems are:

Do not make the mistake of irrationally applying the "homophobe" label to those who feel that homosexuality is unhealthy and immoral

Saying that homosexuality is wrong is no more bigoted than saying that smoking is wrong.

Should homosexuals refraim from physically damaging activities?Common sense would say yes.

he's not the only former homosexual I've known, and they all say pretty much the same thing: They were miserable.I wouldn't know personally. That's just what I hear from those who have renounced homosexuality

If parents choose to teach their children that homosexuality is wrong, it's not your job to "correct" the parents and try to force your chosen point of view on the child.

While someone may have homosexual tendancies through no real fault of their own, the choice comes when one chooses to act on or even embrace those urges.

One former homosexual I know grew up in a home with a very strict and emotionally distant father. He never received positive male attention as he was growing up, so when he reached puberty and began to develop sexually, he become attracted to other males because he was seeking the approval that his father never gave him and he became a practicing homosexual for many years. However, he was unhappy--miserable, in fact--and began researching where homosexuality really comes from (nurture versus nature). Once he realized why he had become a homosexual, it gave him the resolve he needed to renounce homosexuality and seek help and healing, and today, he is happily married to a beautiful woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:

Any chance of listing the contact info for the cure sites? I do enjoy a good complain every now and then when there's nought good on tele :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well those people should not be watching Dr Who then as most of the episodes have been penned by a homosexual and the Exec Producer too!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't even as if CJ slipped the Doc a bit of tongue or anything!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    Well those people should not be watching Dr Who then as most of the episodes have been penned by a homosexual and the Exec Producer too!
    I haven't been penned by a homosexual in quite a few days now, but then it's these light evenings, they're all just so busy on their roof terraces, they've not the time for penmanship... :-)
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,066
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.

If you read all those comments back and just imagine a Dalek saying them, it sounds like the perfect script!

Bless.

These religious zealots do seem to be getting more and more vocal at the moment. Always complaining that they have a right of free speech, and people should respect their opinions. Quite how they can compare disliking smoking to condeming someones entire existence as morally evil is incredible, and shows the complete ignorance and lack of brain cells.

How they forget that only a few hundred years ago Christians were sent to the Lions in the Roman Empire just for being Christians. Do your think they would have respected the Romans decisions as 'just another persons opinion'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    What's noticable by it's total lack is any complaint about the kiss in the wider world - especially as it took place at about 7:30pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

:eek: :eek:

Cj
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cj592 wrote:

:eek: :eek:

Cj

PMSL

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Gran always liked a bit of tongue come Sunday lunch and it never did her any harm :)
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

I'm waiting in hope for the uncut DVD!!!! :p:p:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm straight (ask mrs onion3000), but even if I had a problem with the whole CJ thing,, I'd be b*ggered if I'd say anything on these threads!

Joking, joking!!!
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:
    I'm waiting in hope for the uncut DVD!!!! :p:p:p
    You'd be waiting a while, CJ's American after all :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My nan was the same.

She always used to keep her food in a cupboard next to the back door of her house.

I'll never forget the day I was sitting have a coke (I was about 11) and hearing my gran bellow out to my grandad...

'Oh, I've got a nice bit of tongue in me back passage we can have for dinner'.

Bless her, she never did figure out why I nearly wet myself.

• Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    You'd be waiting a while, CJ's American after all :D:o

LOL! I just got what u meant!!! lol!!!

"un-cut" - ;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nan was the same.

She always used to keep her food in a cupboard next to the back door of her house.

I'll never forget the day I was sitting have a coke (I was about 11) and hearing my gran bellow out to my grandad...

'Oh, I've got a nice bit of tongue in me back passage we can have for dinner'.

Bless her, she never did figure out why I nearly wet myself.

Ladies and Gentlemen, voting has now closed for Post of the week - anyone know if lager stains faux leather...where's LaGuardia when you need him? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ladies and Gentlemen, voting has now closed for Post of the week - anyone know if lager stains faux leather...where's LaGuardia when you need him? :D:D:D

I feel honoured.

:cool:

Oh, and lemonade is good for getting shit out of shit materials apparently.

But I can't help but think then you've got to get the sticky lemonade out afterwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    where's LaGuardia when you need him? :D:D:D
    She'll get you for that - but wait until she's had her Chablis ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    She'll get you for that - but wait until she's had her Chablis ;):D
    Are you kidding? She's on a mission to bring Sarf London to the threads...she redid one in faux suede yesterday, it looks very...Sarf... :D
  • Options
    phelingsphelings Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This country is getting into a poor state.
    While we are expected to put up with all sorts of beliefs and behaviour from different sexuality to opposing religious beliefs,its a sad time when its not possible to make negative comments about anything.
    As soon as you insult a black person they'll jump on the racist bandwagon even if the insult is not colour related,and criticising poofs for disgusting sexual practices (all completely personal taste and personal opinion)is not allowed.
    Before you jump down my throat(you know you'd love to) I make my point using the obviously offensive wording to show that we live in anything but a free country,and certainly without freedom of speech as we will see immediately as I get criticised for certain WORDS.
    I really enjoy Graham Norton,Julian Clary and other gay comedians but it really pisses me off that they can talk about themselves in a way that should I put it on here I would get called a homophobe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phelings wrote:
    This country is getting into a poor state.
    While we are expected to put up with all sorts of beliefs and behaviour from different sexuality to opposing religious beliefs,its a sad time when its not possible to make negative comments about anything.
    As soon as you insult a black person they'll jump on the racist bandwagon even if the insult is not colour related,and criticising poofs for disgusting sexual practices (all completely personal taste and personal opinion)is not allowed.
    Before you jump down my throat(you know you'd love to) I make my point using the obviously offensive wording to show that we live in anything but a free country,and certainly without freedom of speech as we will see immediately as I get criticised for certain WORDS.
    I really enjoy Graham Norton,Julian Clary and other gay comedians but it really pisses me off that they can talk about themselves in a way that should I put it on here I would get called a homophobe.
    Oh hunny me too...

...but seriously, it's all a question of intent...intent to a homophobe is often coupled with a weapon resulting in the violent death of gay man being pictured by mobile to the murderer's friends...intent to a gay comedian is just another form of camp...live with the version you prefer