Options

What's wrong with Tom Cruise?

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
He was on NBC's Today Show and snapped at the host. He said he knows all about the history of psychiatry and lambasted Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants. Instead she should take vitamins and exercise.

Why has Tom stopped taking his Ritalin? He seems very agitated. It is kind of scary.

Link contains transcript of interview and video

Comments

• Options
    newsonthehournewsonthehour Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the NBC interview on FNC.

Im sick of Tom Cruise now!! - Why can't he just go away?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen the NBC interview on FNC.

Im sick of Tom Cruise now!! - Why can't he just go away?

You saw 10 seconds on the G Block. Watch it in full - it is quite disturbing.
  • Options
    newsonthehournewsonthehour Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    You saw 10 seconds on the G Block. Watch it in full - it is quite disturbing.

I am watching the full interview as i type
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked that Tom has been trying convert people (including Scarlett Johnson) to Scienctology which is a cult which uses mind control, it's known to be dangerous (even my RE Teachers says so.)
    I think he's being such a a*sehole at the moment. :mad:
    Why is he like this?!
    I've never seen this side of Tom before....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cruise is a religious fundamentalist of one of the most fanatical cults around. Before we were spared his evangelising because his previous PR, Pat Kingsley ensured we only saw the carefree charming Tom. She has now been booted out by TOm and his sister, a fellow Scientologist , has taken over Pat's role. Suddenly the veil has been lifted and we are seeing the true Tom and it is not a pretty picture.

I dated a scientologist for a while and have done a lot of research on the subject, so I know first hand about their techniques. They are only interested in your bank balance (and don't worry if you're penniless you can work for nothing for them).

Their founder was quoted as saying, in America if you want to make money set up a religion. Steer well clear unless you are happy to give them all your money just to be told that millions of years ago intergalatic space wars led to the massacre of millions.Some of their souls float around in our bodies and we need to pay the cult all our money to learn the trick of clearing our bodies of them and becoming a higher level being.

The cult is incompatible with the major religions.

More interestingly, Tom Cruise, as a former catholic who wanted to be a monk, has always had a soft spot for Catholics such as Kidman, Cruz and now Holmes. Oddly enough these women renounce their religion for scientology when Tom appears on the scene (he doesn't appear to believe in religious tolerance when it comes to his partners. However, after they have left Tom, surprise, surprise, they also quickly shrug off Scientology. Well they are actresses after all but Tom has yet to cotton on

There are many web-sites telling you about the dangers of scientology for people whio have learned the truth about them the hard way. One is as follows:
    http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/scientol.htm

However, the clincher for me is that the founder's own son, Ron Hubberd junior, made damn sure his own wife and children were not part of the cult.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html
  • Options
    Peej KertonPeej Kerton Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is quite sick, and I think he should seriously think about taking some drugs to chill him out...

Hes the public face of this sick little cult whose bible became Battlefield Earth... does that say something to you?!?!
  • Options
    latenightdrinkelatenightdrinke Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "psychiatry is a pseudo science"
    this from a man who follows a pseudo Religion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the people on anti depressants, some are on this drug as they need to be, such as Brooke Shields as she has post natel depression, which can lead to the mother killing herself. How dare Tom even make such comments as if the stigma to mental health and anti depressants isn't bad enough to put people off gettig help, he has to make matters worse! God help him if anyone he knows ever suffers from mental health isssues!

I have studied the history of psychiatry says Tom, what a flipping ass! When is what I want to know, for a film script, he is a major dumb ass in real life so I doubt it is true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the people on anti depressants, some are on this drug as they need to be, such as Brooke Shields as she has post natel depression, which can lead to the mother killing herself. How dare Tom even make such comments as if the stigma to mental health and anti depressants isn't bad enough to put people off gettig help, he has to make matters worse! God help him if anyone he knows ever suffers from mental health isssues!

I have studied the history of psychiatry says Tom, what a flipping ass!

Hear are some more telling insights into Tom's character on the set of the War of the Worlds.

" shooting "War of the Worlds" with Steven Spielberg, Cruise went so far as to pitch a Scientology tent on the set, where well-groomed "volunteer ministers" in suits offered massages - called "assists" - to cast and crew. Cruise also opens up about self-reliance ("I don't discuss things with anybody else"), psychiatry ("it's a pseudo-science"), prescription medication ("any drug you put in your system is a poison") and reincarnation (at death, you leave your body and "go get another one")."
    http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/000970.html

MY former boyfriend is a scientologist and tried to get me to give up my prescription drugs for my heart condition. Even though he knew absolutely nothing about my medical condition and had not studied beyond A-Levels, he airly told me I should dispense with them. He convinced me more than anything just how dangerously deluded the adherents of scientology can be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    It must be a crazy life being in the media all the time, so - hey - if a strange religion works for him, go for it...

However, I did enjoy Parky telling him he and his religion were freaks last year. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alf-Life wrote:
    It must be a crazy life being in the media all the time, so - hey - if a strange religion works for him, go for it...

However, I did enjoy Parky telling him he and his religion were freaks last year. :D

Didn't see that, wish I had though. Have no objection to him following any crackpot cult he likes. What I dislike is Scientology using his fame to promote him as the poster boy for the cult.

I used to think scientology was harmless enough. But when I read more into the subject, I saw that they are far more sinister. My naive former boyfriend ended up selling the business he had worked so hard to create and make a success of, in order to fund his scientology courses. They run on a pyramid selling basis: you earn comission for every new convert you can drum up.

Way back in 1995, it was caculated that to complete all the scientology courses could cost up to $380,000. No wonder the French and German Government have cracked down on scientology seeing them as purely business concerns luring people from their money.

Fortunately Tom Crusie has helped to damage any credibility scientology might have had with his recent antics.
  • Options
    trickymahoniatrickymahonia Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    cifpower wrote:
    He was on NBC's Today Show and snapped at the host. He said he knows all about the history of psychiatry and lambasted Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants. Instead she should take vitamins and exercise.

Why has Tom stopped taking his Ritalin? He seems very agitated. It is kind of scary.

Link contains transcript of interview and video

Thanks so much for this link, I have been searching a while tonight to get it, cheers.

Now wheres my tablets!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red_Duck wrote:
    Before we were spared his evangelising because his previous PR, Pat Kingsley ensured we only saw the carefree charming Tom. She has now been booted out by TOm and his sister, a fellow Scientologist , has taken over Pat's role. Suddenly the veil has been lifted and we are seeing the true Tom and it is not a pretty picture.

That's just it. I can't get over how Tom was previously one of the few stars that used to always come across as normal and down-to-earth.. He's really done a 180 now, and he's coming across as a totally different individual. It's really bizarre.. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Wow Red_Duck. Thank you for those links. I thought I knewa bit about Scientology, but that's really opened my eyes.

Tom Cruise is a repulsive control freak. I couldn't put my finger on just why I have always loathed him, but the fact he and Travolta are both passionate Scientologists had a lot to do with it. ( Dont like Travolta, but I've loved a couple of his films, Pulp Fiction for example.)

Reading those links confirms my belief that they are both completely round the twist.

How the hell can anyone fall for L Ron Hubbards drivel?

Poor Katie. She's far too young to not be swept off her feet by the horrible little midget. I read she's converted to Scientology ( I make that totally besotted so she'll do anything he says) she'll be fine, until Tom decides she has outweighed her usefulness as arm candy.

I wonder how long this "relationship" will last? If she gets into Scientology, then maybe a long time. :(

Frightening!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbage wrote:
    That's just it. I can't get over how Tom was previously one of the few stars that used to always come across as normal and down-to-earth.. He's really done a 180 now, and he's coming across as a totally different individual. It's really bizarre.. :eek:

He has stopped taking his Ritalin. That is why he is so hyperactive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote:
    :eek: Wow Red_Duck. Thank you for those links. I thought I knewa bit about Scientology, but that's really opened my eyes.

Reading those links confirms my belief that they are both completely round the twist.

How the hell can anyone fall for L Ron Hubbards drivel?

Poor Katie.
    I wonder how long this "relationship" will last? If she gets into Scientology, then maybe a long time. :(

Frightening!

Glad to be of help. I only really found out about Scientology when my ex tried to get me into the cult. Unbeknownst to him, I was aways one step ahead of his feeble attempts at brainwashing thanks to my detailed research on the internet and, if I say so myself, my greater store of basic common sense.

One of the most insidious things scientologists do is to try and get you to admit to your deepest darkest secrets. My ex tried extremely hard to persuade me to open up. However, I secretly knew that such confessions are carefully recorded, to be used against you at some stage in the future should you dare to leave the cult. That is said to explain why certain high profile Hollywood scientologists have never left: there is too much dirt on them.

As for Katie, she is 27? Older than Nicole Kidman when she first got involved with Tom Cruise. Like Nicole, Katie was raised a catholic. Nicole is said to have returned to her catholic roots post Tom and Penelope Cruz no longer appears to have any interest in scientology now that she's parted from him.

Katie is not naive. She's an actress damnit. If I could convince my ex that I was genuinely interested in scientology, even whilst regaling my friends in disbeleif about the sheer absurdities and inconsistencies of the central tenets, then so can she. Especially if she thinks marriage could lead to a nice big fat divorce settlement. Katie is likely to leave Tom and Scientology a far richer woman, unlike most poor saps who just leave the cult poor. :mad:

I can only hope that my ex eventually leaves the cult as the vast majority do, and is able to rebuild his life and career. He is, when not spouting the words of Chairman Moor Ron at me like a demented parrot, a sweet man. I just hope the sweet natured side of him is not lost within the robot forever. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Just watched old Tommy Boy on the Today Show -- what a prat!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm he and she certainly are actin very strange lately. I had no idea he was part of this Scientology thing.

This pic is just the latest images of thoese two that make you want to be sick. And she insists on wearing heels lol!!!!

http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=v12ts.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Tom is seriously mentally ill. He's psychotic. He's projecting his own illness onto everyone else, that's why we all have to join the scientologists to get better. Scientology is pseudo-psychiatry; that's why psychiatry is such a threat to it. Far from helping people, Scientology seeks to prolong their illnesses and take their money.

Time to get out the rubber furniture and buy your "Free Katie" T-shirts.
  • Options
    FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately TC is loaded, in search of some kind of spiritual grounding, and has found an organisation who'll relieve him of some of his cash, in the hopes it'll make him feel better. It makes me cringe when I think how these gullible idiots will fall for any old line, and I'm sure the heads of the Church of Scientology are laughing up their sleeves at him, and rubbing their hands together while they watch 10% of everything Tom earns falling into their coffers.

Kabbalah has done the same thing with Madonna. I'm sure these organisations go out of their way to be nice to their celebrity supporters, but if you're an ordinary joe they'll take your money, brainwash you and then leave you to pick up the pieces.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    He has stopped taking his Ritalin. That is why he is so hyperactive.

Hi Cif :) Was TC on Ritalin then? I know he's dyslexic (claimed to have been 'cured' by scientology) is he ADHD too? It would sure explain why he's a bit off his spig :D Before anyone gets jumpy, I'm ADD and Dyslexic too (amongst other things) I have really sort of mad days sometimes where I'm a bit intense, stary (anyone see Jonny Ross's impersonation of TC - it had me in fits :D ) and quite hyper, so I kind of have some understanding of that mad intensity you see from TC sometimes, I can tell you, it doesn't feel so good, really makes your brain hurt (can't explain it any other way :confused: ) That scientology stuff doesn't seem healthy to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.Nut wrote:
    Hi Cif :) Was TC on Ritalin then? I know he's dyslexic (claimed to have been 'cured' by scientology) is he ADHD too? It would sure explain why he's a bit off his spig :D Before anyone gets jumpy, I'm ADD and Dyslexic too (amongst other things) I have really sort of mad days sometimes where I'm a bit intense, stary (anyone see Jonny Ross's impersonation of TC - it had me in fits :D ) and quite hyper, so I kind of have some understanding of that mad intensity you see from TC sometimes, I can tell you, it doesn't feel so good, really makes your brain hurt (can't explain it any other way :confused: ) That scientology stuff doesn't seem healthy to me.

He did take Ritalin until he sacked his old publicist and the Scientologist came out. That is why he was ranting against Ritalin on that video of the Today Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It is too bad about Tom...before the start of this bizarre behavior, he was having probs getting MI 3 greenlighted by Paramount....seems that they had to bring back the budget to under $150 million to make the film....which is a lot. and now I doubt they will make the investment back....heck, critics are panning "War of the Worlds" as we speak, and that may flop. Hollywood does not like weird...it makes them nervous....many former co-stars and paramount executives have complained that while on the set he "forceably asked them" read (bugged them to death) to go to Scientology HQ, and listen to a grand speil. The co-stars did not enjoy the experience and thought it was unfair that he could do this as the boss and star, because he was also a producer. Also his demands in WOTW for his Scientology buddies was overboard in many crews's opinion.....unless he calms down, he will not be working much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjafl wrote:
    unless he calms down, he will not be working much.

Oh happy day! No more TC hype.

I completely loathe the man ( I think the last time I "appreciated" his acting was Rain Man.)

That has not a little to do with his control freak behaviour, plus anyone who could believe in a meglomaniac, sex and drug addict's new "Religion" must be two sandwiches short of a picnic.

Thank goodness the lovely Nicole is out of it. Although she seems on the verge of a breakdown a lot of the time. I wonder if Scientology (she obviously wouldn't have been allowed proper medical consultation when married to the midget) is to blame for her fragile mental state?

:(
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,319
    Forum Member
    I think the correct question here is "What's right with Tom Cruise?" ;)