Options

Cops Probe Max Over Scab (merged)

shazspiceshazspice Posts: 224
Forum Member
From Ananova

Has Big Brother plummeted to new depths?

Police confirmed they have launched an investigation after Maxwell bragged he dropped a scab from his foot into Science's meal.

Full story: http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1442869.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this real?
  • Options
    GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's real in the sense that it's on ananova...

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1442869.html
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so he didn't do it. God, just show us the tapes.
  • Options
    homer911homer911 Posts: 5,198
    Forum Member
    hopefully

if it is it may force channel 4 to act seriously
  • Options
    V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he said he didn't do it, I believe him, And if he did, where is the evidence?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    maxwell is a compulsive liar, and nothing that comes out of his mouth should be believed. (but then so is makosi) Most of the housemates in there are manipulative.

maxwell's body language was enough to give away his guilt. Also why no apology???
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought he was guilty, until I saw this article. I guess the police will see all the footage.

Big Brother are once again in trouble with the police. Dear Dear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    menick wrote:
    maxwell's body language was enough to give away his guilt. Also why no apology???

I agree. We don't have to be experts in body language to work out that he was lying. He kept covering his face with his hands, would not look into the camera, kept shifting about in the seat and his face went red.
  • Options
    stan-leestan-lee Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    LOL this is great.
    Old women being beaten up and robbed in thier own homes and the police are "investigating" something someone said they did, of which there is no evidence...

Congratulations to the police for being complete idiots.
    No doubt a hysterical, lying science fan rang them are started lying down the phone....... this country. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A classic sign of someone lying is that they're not able to look their accuser in the face - he moved around so much that he had to be told to look at BB. If Max had really meant it as a joke, he'd have looked shocked, would have immediately apologised to BB for saying it & would have promised not to do it again. He just looked like a child does when they get caught doing something they shouldn't have. When asked if he had anything else to say, chappie asked for more cider. When asked the more specific question of did he have anything else to say about the scab incident, he said 'no'. As he was in the diary room, he'd have been perfectly safe to say that it was done to test Craig's loyalty - he wasn't able to think quickly enough for that, & that tells me there was no test involved.

He knows he put the scab there & must suspect that there's more to come to him as a result - even he can't be dim enough to think that the issue is over with. I think he left most of his smarts at home - he can't even tell his group that it was a joke, because he knows it'll make him look really silly. "Max - WELL" indeed.
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    stan-lee wrote:
    LOL this is great.
    Old women being beaten up and robbed in thier own homes and the police are "investigating" something someone said they did, of which there is no evidence...

No doubt a hysterical, lying science fan rang them are started lying down the phone....... this country. :rolleyes:
    Didn't we have a similar story a few weeks ago, when Les-leh was going to be arrested on her eviction for ABH on Sam? !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stan-lee wrote:
    LOL this is great.

No-one knows whether there's any evidence or not until the footage is looked at. Only the person/people who contacted the police & the police themselves know the content of the report, so it's a bit dramatic & presumptious to be saying any lying was done or any hysterics were involved.

I personally doubt it was a Science fan. It could just as easily have been a family member or friend of a HM who contacted the police because they were concerned for their welfare if such an act had taken place. Wouldn't any of us do the same if someone we knew was in that situation? I know I would - rather than just being an observer of a show, you'd have heard someone say that they put the health of someone you care about at risk. Of course you'd want it looked into.

Rather than a Science fan, it was far more likely to be someone who thinks such an act crosses the line in human decency, & good for them that they were prepared to make the report. Even people who dislike Science have said that Max shouldn't have done it. There has to be some form of investigation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Following his totally arrogant and disgusting lack of remorse, when he was confronted over this issue in the Diary Room, the makers of Big Brother have to act.

Be it automatic eviction or putting him up for the public vote, something has to be done.

He doesn't care and doesn't think there will be any consequences for his actions, so they have to punish him in the only way that will make him realise the seriousnes of what he claimed he did.

The sooner he is gone the better, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Bo Peep wrote:
    I agree. We don't have to be experts in body language to work out that he was lying. He kept covering his face with his hands, would not look into the camera, kept shifting about in the seat and his face went red.
    He also said earlier in the conversation with BB that the person was still walking around the house so it can't have done that much harm. If that is not admitting to doing it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    centrino04 wrote:
    God, just show us the tapes.

this is what i've been saying if Endomol REALLY wanted toi find out if he did it they could just check the video tape. The whole point of the BB house is that every angle is covered by cameras hence it catch him in the act if he did it.

This is a blatent attempt by Endomol to cover Mancwell's backside and it's getting on my wick. :mad:
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am definitely not a science fan. but what maxwell did was truly disgusting and i would not expect my 5 year old child to do it.

in my experience, if someone is lying, they would maybe laugh and say 'oh that was a joke' etc. if someone has done something then they usually can not look someone in the face and also change the subject.

EXACTLY WHAT HE DID. get him out :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Garden I totally agree. What a load of nonsense this is, absolutely unbelievable. I mean can you imagine going into the police station saying "Excuse me officer, I want to complain about a gameshow I saw...I believe one of the contestants flicked a spotty scab into someone's food and then boasted about it. I want Maxwell Trotter arrested!"

It is a pretty revolting act but would it honestly constitute a criminal offence??????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    melodytoon wrote:
    I doubt it was a Science fan, no-one knows whether there's any evidence or not until the footage is looked at. Only the person/people who contacted the police & the police themselves know the content of the report, so it's a bit dramatic & presumptious to be saying any lying was done.
    People are calling the police because of stuff happening on big brother, and I'm the one being dramatic? :rolleyes:

I wouldnt call the police if someone said they put a scab in my food, no. Because they would more than likely tell me to grow up and then put the phone down....

This kind of nonsesne gets posted on every forum every year.
    1. people are morons for calling the police over big brother.
    2. the police are morons for not just telling them to stop wasting thier time.

Its just big brother for god sake.

Besides, he never even done it.... But i guess no amount of evidence matters to some people, though thier entire argument is based around a complete lack of evidence.

Im interested to see what people say when the police say "max didnt do anything".. They accused BB of lying when they said he didnt do it, they accused BBLB of covering up when they said he didnt do it, they said the sun went back on thier story after they got the truth and printed it..

Like science says, people dont like the truth...
    they prefer lies that back up thier bias agenda.

I wish people would watch big brother through grown up tinted glasses for a change.....
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garden I totally agree. What a load of nonsense this is, absolutely unbelievable. I mean can you imagine going into the police station saying "Excuse me officer, I want to complain about a gameshow I saw...I believe one of the contestants flicked a spotty scab into someone's food and then boasted about it. I want Maxwell Trotter arrested!"

Someone made a voluntary confession, on camera, to a crime. Why do you seem to think it is ridiculous that this statement has led to an investigation? His follow-up comments in the diary room will only serve to cast even more suspicion on him when viewed by a trained officer used to dealing with suspects changing their stories to escape punishment.
    stan-lee wrote:
    But i guess no amount of evidence matters to some people, though thier entire argument is based around a complete lack of evidence.

A voluntary confession is evidence. Bonus that it was also on camera.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised the fuzz are involved.

Don't forget just last week four people were arrested in London for throwing water over Tom Cruise. :D

The cops must be really bored.
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    seaviewuk wrote:
    I'm not surprised the fuzz are involved.

Don't forget just last week four people were arrested in London for throwing water over Tom Cruise. :D

The cops must be really bored.

Ok, the Tom Cruise case was a bit OTT but this ''Scabgate'' business is just disgusting. If he were a pupil at my 5 year old brother's Catholic Infant School, he'd be seriously punished or probably even expelled.

$ndemol are just saving his bacon yet again. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    straker wrote:
    Someone made a voluntary confession, on camera, to a crime.
    No they didnt... you obviously know nothing about the legal system.

Its only a "confession" if they they had said they done it after being asked if they ahd done it.... And then only if they had been read the miranda.

besides, its big brother for christ sake!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D That is just stupid there murders and rapists out there for crying out loud :eek: If you hate maxwell or not that is just ludicrous it was a joke that never even went thorough with
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stan-lee wrote:
    No they didnt... you obviously know nothing about the legal system.

Its only a "confession" if they they had said they done it after being asked if they ahd done it.... And then only if they had been read the miranda.

besides, its big brother for christ sake!

Sorry what is a "miranda"?