Options

The Hits new look

James HarlandJames Harland Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else seen it? New logo, new graphics, new idents. Very clean in my opinion, but they still have that tacky "Such a good feeling" slogan :rolleyes:.

Also I don't know why they have to tack on "Selection Number: xxx" in the graphics, everyone knows what the numbers are! (And for tracks that aren't in the playlist it just says 'Selection Number: ')

Also like the way the DOG moves to the right for the track title, quite nifty that.

I'd get some screencaps but i'm off to work in a minute.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I couldnt find it on a search.

James

Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They look bad, the scrolling text has gone and we have slides now it just looks very bad and the yellow is also bad.

Sorry to say but the whole channel is tacky, always has been, always will be.
  • Options
    FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its certainly new - don't like the boxes at the bottom - strange - DOG is nice tho :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I don't know why they have to tack on "Selection Number: xxx" in the graphics, everyone knows what the numbers are! (And for tracks that aren't in the playlist it just says 'Selection Number: ')

They appear to have fixed that now - it no longer says Selection Number at all for non playlist tracks

Here are a few screencaps:
    Ident
    Song Title Graphics
    Ticker 1
    Ticker 2
    Making a Selection

I'm interested to see how they handle text messaging programs at 11am...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The All About Me graphics are the same but more transparent :p

They dissappear and reappear when the song titles come up though :eek:

All About Me Screencap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Its just like the box netherlands. They nicked the orginal graphics idea from the yellow mtv polska graphics set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was about time. They'd changed the graphics for every other Emap channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I thought the graphics were gonna change this week because the Love-O-Meter text at the bottom had got bigger last week :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    They look awful. The ticker at the bottom looks like something that has been created in MS Paint!

It's a shame as The Box, Kiss etc looks really nice.
  • Options
    athena2004athena2004 Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can do a better design then that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ticker is awful - the rest isn't too bad really...

This is the new Love-O-Meter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good think about this new layout is the borders A little jiggery pokery on a widescreen TV means you can hide most of the DOG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    i like it it's different!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe with something to do with the "Live 8 Weekend" caption at the top.
  • Options
    djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they wouldve taken the opportunity to move the logo to the bottom, as they did with Box and Sh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoo-ray, at least now when a song is selected, the name and song title is displayed. This is much better than having the meaningless three digit code
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Will be interested to see it "in the flesh" when I get back.

Out of all the music channels, I think Smash Hits gets my vote for the best graphics... although the BOX is pretty darn good too now (I thought their idents were bizarre at first but now I think they're pretty cool). One thing's for sure though - the FHM Music TV graphics are p*** poor!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few teething problems at 4pm - they had to start the 100 greatest US legends chart again because the graphics went down :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks good - once again Emap show MTV how to do graphics!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DWT wrote:
    It looks good - once again Emap show MTV how to do graphics!!

While MTV show Emap how to do a good balance of music!
  • Options
    Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look good at all. The last graphics were really nice. I liked how they changed (especially the blue).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These graphics change as well - the colour scheme does change. Its been this red on now and also a gold/blue colour

I think the ticker is horrible though - it just doesn't look right at all :rolleyes:

A good sort of theme though - good idents as well - I like the dancing toast as well

Not seen a New4U yet and I haven't seen a Most Selected chart for months - whatever happened to those? :eek:
  • Options
    Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I liked about the last look was the shiny graphics, this seems too 2D for my liking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    FraserGJ wrote:

Not seen a New4U yet and I haven't seen a Most Selected chart for months - whatever happened to those? :eek:

theyre still there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theyre still there!

I've seen loads of new4u's recently but not any most selected's

Maybe not watching at the right time since I got the Lidl satellite kit. I'm watching Deluxe Music on 19.2e at the moment :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also havn't seen a 'Most Selected' chart for a couple of months or so now - perhaps they finally decided it was pointless or something? As for New4U, that is still going - certainly there was one produced for last weeks new selections. Didn't notice one this morning but then they were obviously still in the middle of implementing all the changes at around 7:30am - there was no text under the new 'the hits' logo at that time and the song selector didn't have the track information in it at that time either.

Not sure I like the new idents over the '2004' ones - I actually liked the vibrant colours and general style of them - these seem rather 70's themed to me.

I can see what they've tried to do with the ticker - it follows the same idea as the other updated EMAP station graphics by trying to keep more corners of the screen clear of graphics - so they've moved the text that used to appear in the top right corner and incorporated it into the ticker like on The Box and Smash Hits... Not exactly sold on that yet - as someone else said, it would be neater without the rather unneccessary 'Selection No.' text line in the ticker bar at least.