Options

Sky Three

fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It looks likely that Sky Three will launch on Channel 108. So I'm assuming Sky Mix will become Sky Two on 107. Make more sense to me! And what about ITV 2 and ITV 3 will rejoining the Family Pack.....an incentive to get Freeview for those currently on Freesat.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any source for this? Would Sky really want to resurrect the Sky Two which closed after a year? Bad memories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but sky mix is going very well, if sky keep up what they are doing on mix, and just rename it sky 2 it will be ok but I do not think that they will rename it sky 2. Another thing is will Sky Three be a channel for ladys as I did read somewhere that this would be the case if sky launched another channel, or will it be like the old sky soap that closed down in 1999
  • Options
    skyisthebestskyisthebest Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always disliked the name 'Sky Mix' as a channel name. I prefered the channels working title which was 'Sky One Extra'.

I can imagine the future situation:

106 Sky One
    107 Sky Two
    108 Sky Three

Unless the name 'Sky Three' is a working title and it will end up being called something else when it launches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    believe only when there is a source!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote:
    Is there any source for this? Would Sky really want to resurrect the Sky Two which closed after a year? Bad memories.
    I suspect they have noticed a gap in the schedule and made it all up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The source is that a broadcasting licence for a channel named Sky Three appeared on the Ofcom list last week.
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote:
    And what about ITV 2 and ITV 3 will rejoining the Family Pack.....an incentive to get Freeview for those currently on Freesat.

What are you saying here?

Are ITV2, & ITV3 going on the Family Pack?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    axious wrote:
    What are you saying here?

Are ITV2, & ITV3 going on the Family Pack?

Would anyone really be that surprised?

ITV are only interested in money and if SKY made them a good offer then I have no doubts ITV2 would return to PAY telly and ITV3 and subsequent ITV channels would become PAY only on satellite.

Of course unfounded speculation is just that and many threads begin this way:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The source is that a broadcasting licence for a channel named Sky Three appeared on the Ofcom list last week.

Got the link?
    I can only find April and May on the OFCOM site.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Well, sounds promising to me!
    But what do you think they will show, more new things or more the Sky version of ITV3?
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tazzygb wrote:
    Well, sounds promising to me!
    But what do you think they will show, more new things or more the Sky version of ITV3?
    More of Sky One/Mix trash. Just like Sky Travel shows old Sky One programing on it.
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ITV2/3 question was based on this from the Sky Channels thread:

10. D.S. Contributor simax says he has it on good authority that ”ITV will, (after negotiations) renew their C.A. (Conditional Access) agreement with Sky for another 5 years”. It is also assumed that ITV 2 and ITV 3 will rejoin /join the Family Pack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote:
    My ITV2/3 question was based on this from the Sky Channels thread:

10. D.S. Contributor simax says he has it on good authority that ”ITV will, (after negotiations) renew their C.A. (Conditional Access) agreement with Sky for another 5 years”. It is also assumed that ITV 2 and ITV 3 will rejoin /join the Family Pack.

Probably to increase their revenue. Why does ITV always act like they are skint?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote:
    It is also assumed that ITV 2 and ITV 3 will rejoin /join the Family Pack.

When you assume, you make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me'... Anyway, the OP didn't reveal his source, so in the end this is all rumours and assumptions with no solid grounding.

If ITV didn't want to go FTA, why have they asked Ofcom to look into what Sky are trying to charge them for regionalisation? Doesn't make sense to me...

edit: how does the fact that Men & Motors just went FTA fit into all of this?
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    Sky three thats a laugh the barely have enough shows to fill 1 channel let alone 3.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe SKY THREE is the name of SKY's Woman's Channel that was annunced on Digitalspy.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Three could be a mix of all Sky channels to replace Sky Travel on Freeview.
  • Options
    Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    _Stu_ wrote:
    When you assume, you make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me'...
    **Cough** Copied of 8 Simple Rules **Cough**
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **Cough** Copied of 8 Simple Rules **Cough**

And at least 5 other sitcoms! :)
  • Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How things come full circle eh? Does anyone remember a SKY2 from about 10 years back or more even? That lasted about 6 months. SKY Mix has come along and now we may be going back to SKY One, Two and Three. Wonder how much money this has cost them (oops, us) over the years?
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sky 1, 2 and 3 would be better than Sky Onc, Sky Mix, Sky Something, numerical order is much more sensible. Maybe they will dump some old rubbish on there and replace Sky Travel on Freeview with it.

If only they'd bring back the old Sky 1 and Sky 2 idents from 1996 that would be great!

Paddy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Could this be for the HDTV channel (or one of them?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Sky One, Sky Two and Sky Three is much better. As i have said before, ive always disliked the name Sky Mix.

Maybe Sky Travel will go back to showing ONLY travel related programming and Sky Three will inherit all Sky Travels current non travel programming.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Three could be a mix of all Sky channels to replace Sky Travel on Freeview.
    I would be very suprised if Sky Three was going to launch, just to put a mix of Sky programmes on it, just for the sake of Freeview viewers. :D