Options

Should BB inform the HMs (merged)

rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
Forum Member
✭✭
Just a quick one here

Well should they?

Considering this will be classed as our 9/11 I think they should just incase any of them have friends and relatives they want to find out about.

Especially the HMs that live in London

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Our 9/11??? What's happened?

*Edit* I'm in Spain until the 14th so I'm kind of confused as to what's going on.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    rachelb65 wrote:
    Just a quick one here

Well should they?

Considering this will be classed as our 9/11 I think they should just incase any of them have friends and relatives they want to find out about.

I think they should be told once the government has publicly made a statement. The hms might have friends or relatives involved.

This is so shocking.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    no unless freinds or family are involved
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    rachelb65 wrote:
    Just a quick one here

Well should they?

During the reality show "Pioneer House" in the USA they told the contestants about 9/11 back in 2001. It's the executive producer's call.
  • Options
    rachelb65rachelb65 Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But sometimes we have friends that our family don't know about
  • Options
    DraugenDraugen Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    They should definitly tell them. This is no time to play game shows, this is serious.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member

But the producers would have no idea whether the hms know any of the people involved. I think they should be told as this is a very serious incident.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes especially the HMs who live in London.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think so. Especially as the South East has such a large representation in the house this year.
  • Options
    JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    mrfreeze wrote:
    Yes especially the HMs who live in London.

That kinda half-suggests a possibility of telling some but not others :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is silly to over react and become hysterical..our 9/11... really.. not yet it isn't. Why not wait for full news before paniking the entire country.Could ne British anarcists going off on one over G8 like they do.....
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that telling them would achieve very much. :confused:
  • Options
    SalzSalz Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be our 9/11, but their have been 6 explosions. That is pretty major. I think the HM's should be told.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think telling them would send them into a state of panic, but maybe showing them clips of the news would be better, so they can see for themselves what has happend, rather than just being told by BB and imagining the whole of central London in flames.
  • Options
    Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    housewife wrote:
    This has been set up by endemol so we feel sorry for londeners eg maxwell
    what the **** - people like you make me sick!
  • Options
    Inge JonesInge Jones Posts: 11,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops I hadn't read the news! Sorry!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Draugen wrote:
    They should definitly tell them. This is no time to play game shows, this is serious.

Quoted for effect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think not...sometimes if you only get a few facts or whatever it makes you panic worse

if they are told they will want to be ringing and finding friends and family....and bb wont let them do that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just been reported on bbc news channels that it is almost certain that al quida?sp? are responsible for the attacks.
  • Options
    moogestermoogester Posts: 15,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hobojo wrote:
    During the reality show "Pioneer House" in the USA they told the contestants about 9/11 back in 2001. It's the executive producer's call.

In US BB in 2001 one of the HM's had an aunt injured in 9/11, that HM was told and asked if she wanted to leave on compassionate grounds, I don't think the rest of the HM's were told.
  • Options
    Wippy2001Wippy2001 Posts: 4,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Deffo! If they have friends out there they have to be informared even tho its not contact from the outside world this is something serious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Endermol will have contact numbers for all the housemates and I'm certain that they will have got in touch to check that they're ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wippy2001 wrote:
    Yes! Deffo! If they have friends out there they have to be informared even tho its not contact from the outside world this is something serious.

but if that was me ...i wouldnt be able to settle until i had spoken to my loved ones myself
    i wouldnt want to hear it from someone else
  • Options
    VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    It really does depend on whether or not a relative/close friend/friend rings in and tells BB that a relative or someone that a HM knows has been injured in the explosions. I don't think they need to scare the HM's unnecessarily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they should tell them, they might know people that their families dont.........plus, and I know this is insesitive so dont jump on me, but if Craig got that sort of news, he would bawl his way out the back door.