Options

bb WONT be telling the housemates of attack

TanisiaTanisia Posts: 794
Forum Member
✭✭
dermot just said they WONT be telling housemates of the attacks on london.

he said that they had been in touch with all freinds and family to see if they were affected and had taken the tough decision that they wouldnt be informed.... at this time.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endemol really have no shame.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think they made a wrong call.
    If I came out of the house and found out about this i would go Ballistic.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I trust that means that they know for a fact that none of their friends and family have been affected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Absolutely the right decision: Don't give in to terrorists.

- Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    It wont effct them anyway will it??

Has long as all there Family and Friends are fine then thers no point them knowing anything about it imo anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Absolutely the right decision: Don't give in to terrorists.

- Chris

Am I to understand that any news agency reporting the story is 'giving in to terrorists'?
  • Options
    QuickfadeQuickfade Posts: 5,998
    Forum Member
    I sort of agree with BB here. The housemates are stuck in there with no access to internet, tv, newspapers etc. They'll have no other information and probably would send themselves mad with anxiety talking about it... it's not exactly fair.

Let them remain in ignorance for now. Telling them would do no good for their mental state. That is assuming, of course, that Endemol are correct when they state that all their friends and family are safe.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thnk this is the right decision..anyone's natural instinct on hearing such is to want to contact anyone they may feel affected etc and just being told 'we've checked and it's ok' is not going to do anything really to appease that.
    Most would be far more distraught at having to stay in the house knowing rather than not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope BB change their minds. What happens to the HM who leaves tomorrow? They come out moaning and groaning about having been evicted...find out what has happened and feel dreadful?

Or does Davina just slip it into the conversation before the interview?

Or do they take the evited HM away and tell them before they come out and tell them not to tell?

If they cancel tomorrow what reason do they give?

I would be quite disgusted if they do not tell them, this isn't a small thing..this is a major incident that effects us all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanisia wrote:
    dermot just said they WONT be telling housemates of the attacks on london.

he said that they had been in touch with all freinds and family to see if they were affected and had taken the tough decision that they wouldnt be informed.... at this time.
    I would have thought if any of the HM's need to know about it because their friends/family were impacted, then they would be told. If there is no impact on any of the HM's then there is no need to tell them.
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Quickfade wrote:
    I sort of agree with BB here. The housemates are stuck in there with no access to internet, tv, newspapers etc. They'll have no other information and probably would send themselves mad with anxiety talking about it... it's not exactly fair.

Let them remain in ignorance for now. Telling them would do no good for their mental state. That is assuming, of course, that Endemol are correct when they state that all their friends and family are safe.

True... I guess they have taken advice from psychologists before making their decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, there may be friends of HM's that the producers of BB don't know about. Then again, if they were then some might well decide to leave in order to check on the families (which is perfectly natural).

I don't think I'd be very pleased to get out to find that I hadn't been told.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I think it is the right thing to do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, there may be friends of HM's that the producers of BB don't know about. Then again, if they were then some might well decide to leave in order to check on the families (which is perfectly natural).

I don't think I'd be very pleased to get out to find that I hadn't been told.

Yes, my mum just rang me about this and admits she doesn't know the numbers of half my friends and would have no idea who to call. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Amacada wrote:
    Am I to understand that any news agency reporting the story is 'giving in to terrorists'?
    I think you're being deliberately slow here: the point is not to let terrorism effect our everyday lives as much as we possibly can. The HM's are not effected by the attack, therefore telling them would be a piece of added drama that the terrorists would probably relish.

- Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police have said 37 people are now confirmed dead. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I think they should tell the Hm's about today as when 911 happened the american hm's found out about that attack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they need to know, they should have definately been informed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you think that their families and the psychologists on hand are better qualified to say what is best for each individual housemate. Saying 'If it were me....' means nothing. It isn't you and sometimes you have to trust the decisions that are made. I really think that their families will have their best interests at heart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Personally I agree with Endemol's decision on this one. They checked that all HM's friends and family were ok first, which is as it should be. However, I may have felt differently if I was one of the HMs myself, coming out of the house to find out later that the attacks happened.

But what good would have come from telling the HMs now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure who would gain what by the HMs being told.

I think they have done the right thing for now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Who gives a crap whether those morons know or not?! This is so not an issue on a day like today! Big Brother is a game show. Dozens of families will be experiencing the true brutality of reality this evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys. This was the right option. No friends and family were hurt! You sign up to BB to isolate yourself from the "outside" world, this means that they cannot be allowed to hear about this.

In Big Brother America, They only told a contestent because her auntie was missing in September 11th. Thats when it should be annouced as no-ones family or friends have be hurt or injured Big Brother should remain quiet for now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndiFawr wrote:
    Who gives a crap whether those morons know or not?! This is so not an issue on a day like today! Big Brother is a game show. Dozens of families will be experiencing the true brutality of reality this evening.

extremely well said. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think you're being deliberately slow here: the point is not to let terrorism effect our everyday lives as much as we possibly can. The HM's are not effected by the attack, therefore telling them would be a piece of added drama that the terrorists would probably relish.

- Chris

I don't see how informing them of a terrorist attack on their country (off-screen) is adding drama or giving in to terrorists.

It doesn't make sense.