Options

Sign The Late Show With David Letterman Petition

paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
Forum Member
✭✭
www.petitiononline.com/lateshow

I have created a petition to get the Late Show With David Letterman back on UK television - it has been off ITV2 since May this year, and it is time we tried to get it back on ITV2 or another television network in the UK. The website address for the petition is www.petitiononline.com/lateshow and it is similar to the Tonight Show With Jay Leno petition we made, and that got the show back on UK television, so hopefully this will do the same for the Late Show With David Letterman.

So, please go to www.petitiononline.com/lateshow and show your support for the Late Show With David Letterman. The petition will be emailed to ITV and other television networks in the UK when we have reached a suitable numbers of signatures.
This petiton has been created to raise awareness and support for the Late Show With David Letterman, so we can watch it again on UK television. The Late Show With David Letterman was shown on ITV2 for years, and I have been a nightly viewer for years too. He is quite simply the best chat show host in America - and the world, in fact. He brings his unique style of humour and great interviews with the top stars every weeknight on American television (and UK television before ITV2 decided to take it off their channel) - the top rating chat show host in America. The music on his show is also top notch and Paul Shaffer is a great musician.

We are trying to get the Late Show With David Letterman back on ITV2 or another TV channel, and at a decent hour (midnight, perhaps). The show could get a lot of viewers if it was put on the right time slot and on the right channel - I used to watch it on ITV2 every weekday - even though sometimes it wasn't on until 3am - which was ridiculous. How many viewers can they expect to get at 3am? If ITV2 pays for the rights to show something that costs them a good deal of money, they should show it at a reasonable time at night, and not in the early hours of the morning, when most people are asleep. I also think the programme would do well on a channel like Men And Motors, or the new channel (to be launched in October time this year) - ITV4.

If you would like to see the Late Show With David Letterman back on UK television (either on ITV1/ITV2/ITV3/ITV4/Men And Motors or another television channel), please sign the petition and show your support. Another idea would be to email dutyoffice@itv.com and let ITV know how you feel about losing the programme.

Comments

• Options
    newsonthehournewsonthehour Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.petitiononline.com/lateshow

I have created a petition to get the Late Show With David Letterman back on UK television - it has been off ITV2 since May this year, and it is time we tried to get it back on ITV2 or another television network in the UK. The website address for the petition is www.petitiononline.com/lateshow and it is similar to the Tonight Show With Jay Leno petition we made, and that got the show back on UK television, so hopefully this will do the same for the Late Show With David Letterman.

So, please go to www.petitiononline.com/lateshow and show your support for the Late Show With David Letterman. The petition will be emailed to ITV and other television networks in the UK when we have reached a suitable numbers of signatures.

2 Total Signatures!

Whoope! Good Luck
  • Options
    snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Letterman was due a return soon anyhoo - didn't someone on this board post an email from ITV2 saying it was on the way back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that was me. I had that email and the same reply for months, so I think they are not telling me the whole truth. And it only has a few signatures at the moment, because I only created it less than 12 hours ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just signed it, I love the show, I often stayed up late just to watch it. Please come back Dave!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for signing it. Hopefully ITV2 will listen to us. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Signed.
    Really starting to miss it now !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a headsup for you. If you have a fast speed broadband connection, go to www.latebyte.nl, and sign up (it's all foreign, but easy to follow). And you can download all of the episodes (the newest five episodes).
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't get on to it at the moment. :confused:

Will sign though - we really need it back, and it would be a really good show for ITV to have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it seems like all of the petitions are offline at the moment (all except their homepage).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Here's a headsup for you. If you have a fast speed broadband connection, go to www.latebyte.nl, and sign up (it's all foreign, but easy to follow). And you can download all of the episodes (the newest five episodes).

Yeah...Not joined the Broadband revolutiuon yet.
    Although, thats a damn good reason for me to do so...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on how many people are on there for you to download from, sometimes it only takes me an hour or so per episode on my 1mb broadband. After I download them, I convert them to VCD format and burn them to a CD-RW, which my DVD plays (quite high quality too), and then I blank the disc again afterwards, and rewrite to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The petitions are back working again now, by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've signed - good idea, Paul.

It would be a lot better to have Dave back than the Ricki Lake Show :sleep: - bet that gets high audience numbers ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How_D wrote:
    Yeah...Not joined the Broadband revolutiuon yet.
    Although, thats a damn good reason for me to do so...

You can still download big files on dial up. Might take a little bit longer but each episode won't be that big.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    WELL DONE paul! im gonna sign your petition RIGHT NOW!
    im disgusted at itv2s utter contempt for their loyal (ex)nightly viewers and was planning to re-email them again this afternoon anyway-to keep up the pressure. anyone who misses "dave" should sign without delay...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed now - nice one Paul. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Definitely signing up straight away.. havent turned ITV2 on since Letterman left and not for ITV3 since they finished the run of The Practice... frankly, those channels are quite crap and boring if not for those occasional sparks in their schedule, so if they dont bring those progs back, i guess i wont be bothering with them ever more.. so pls bring Dave back for god's sake!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Signed up today. Once saw the show being recorded in New York about 10 years ago and been a big fan since. Let's keep ip the pressure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    hello!
    heres a copy of my latest contact with the itv duty office...

could someone PLEASE inform me as whether or NOT you plan to screen the "late show with david letterman" AGAIN anytime SOON? there are a LOT of very angry (EX) nightly itv2 viewers (like myself!)-waiting for some kind of statement-(good or bad)-from yourselves regarding your future plans for this MUCH MISSED show. if you have NO intention of bringing back "dave"- i think the ONLY decent thing to do would be to let us know one way or another instead of keep building up our hopes,stringing us along and fobbing us off with "excuses" and standard "automatic" replies.- if youre interested in the strength of feeling and number of viewers discussing your channel/letterman-have a look at the forums (television programmes) on digitalspy.co.uk THANKING YOU in advance for your time and any reply,sincerely, (ex) nightly itv2 viewer

thank you for your email
    regretfully we are sill in the process of negotiating with CBS and as such we cannot add further comment at this stage
    sorry to disappoint you
    regards
    duty officer

if anyone else wants to help keep up the pressure on itv2 and make them aware that there ARE viewers who miss the "late show" email them at dutyoffice@itv.com
    cheers!
    mark :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the same reply I have been getting for the past few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    42 Total Signatures so far. Shame about some of the people who have to ruin it with bad signatures on the petition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See below.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new URL for the petition is www.petitiononline.com/lteshwuk - I've disabled looking at the user information, so even if someone posts bad ones, it still helps us out, as it will look like more people are supporting it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Just signed. I love letterman and Howard Stern :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed again! :)

I also emailed them on Friday and got a reply saying they were still in talks about the show with CBS Paramount.