Options

philips 610 dics

oxford4eyesoxford4eyes Posts: 966
Forum Member
✭✭
got a philips 610 but the last couple of weeks i am having problems with earasing dics after i have recorded it will erase but then the dics is know good anyone had this problem ? if so wot did u do? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean when you say that the discs are no good after erasing? Hope you aren't trying to re-record on +Rs...

If you give us a lot more information such as the disc type and brand/media code then it may be possible to give more advice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    or u could just assume it is knackered like the millions of other Philips and start looking for a new DVD recorder. Be quicker in the long run!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah maybe but wot about the lastest update will that be any good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    discs where philips +rw got a lot off them i anit had any problems with them before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you erasing them in the 610 or in a PC?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erasing on the 610
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and how does them being 'no good' show itself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just comes up on the main menu disctray then at the bottom it;s says browser = exit but if you hit browser nothing happens. where it should come up with empty so you can carry on recording but it as erased after the last time and now can't record no more on that dics?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand much of that but it sounds as if the recorder's got mixed up. You could try a factory reset (switch on at the mains with the power on button held in). Otherwise if you haven't updated the firmware since you got the machine then certainly do that. It is known to cure a number of faults on the 61x series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right i will try that thanks for your help
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i have put it back to factory settings plus i have rang up philips and they are going to send me the lastest update so i hope that fixs it????? plus i have earased a couple of times and it as worked? but its a bit hit and miss
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can i erase on my pc i got a dvd drive but it anit a rewriter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If by "anit" you mean "ain't", then the answer is "no". You obviously can't erase a disc without writing to it.

Let us know whether the upgrade cures the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    The DVDR 610 can be fussy about which discs it uses. I had some cheapies, which it didn't like once I had erased. I am currently using some TDK ones, and they are fine.

Despite the new upgrades claims to 'improve compatibility with 8x DVD+RW's' I would stil recommend 4X discs. Also, if copying onto a DVD with a PC, using 4X burn speed makes the Philips much happier! :)