She took the ball because she didn't know how to play....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you remember being a little kid and we would be playing a game. Along would come the one child who couldn't play because they weren't old enough, or smart enough or fast enough so in a fit of pique they'd snatch the ball and run away? Well that's what we've seen here. Like them or not Science and Kemal played the game long and hard and were sacrificed to the likes of someone who wasn't prepared to play the game properly in the first place. She's taken the ball, thrown it in the canal and flounced home to watch The Tweenies.

Comments

• domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    While stamping her foot, crying it's not fair.:mad:

Shame we had to lose some decent gameplayers to the delusional Orlaith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    dome wrote:
    Shame we had to lose some decent gameplayers to the delusional Orlaith.
    Yes, it's amazing how someone who 'didn't know how to play' managed to do that isn't it :rolleyes:

it would be like saying the girl who had scored a couple of goals didn't know how to play!

- Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wish they would put science back in
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her venom for Derek knew no bounds because he above all could not admire her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Do you think when she gets out and reflects she will realise this though? A big part of me hopes she gets no media coverage, the other part wants to see if she continues her nasty comments about the HM's.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i disagree orlaith saved makosi for the final..mission accomplished
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,538
    Forum Member
    I agree, no way should Science have gone and she stayed to begin with. I knew she would walk after hearing booing 3 weeks in a row.. She has a 'model' mentality, and its her vanity that made her walk, not her principles!
  • presshardypresshardy Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JenniTH wrote:
    Do you remember being a little kid and we would be playing a game. Along would come the one child who couldn't play because they weren't old enough, or smart enough or fast enough so in a fit of pique they'd snatch the ball and run away? Well that's what we've seen here. Like them or not Science and Kemal played the game long and hard and were sacrificed to the likes of someone who wasn't prepared to play the game properly in the first place. She's taken the ball, thrown it in the canal and flounced home to watch The Tweenies.

yay... another anti- orlaith thread.......good one. :rolleyes:
    couldn't be that she just wanted to leave all along and you were wrong now could it? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote:
    i disagree orlaith saved makosi for the final..mission accomplished
    That's a very good point. I don't think that was what she was trying to do but that is exactly what she's done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    presshardy wrote:
    couldn't be that she just wanted to leave all along and you were wrong now could it? :rolleyes:
    :D JTH rolls around laughing her socks off and answers a resounding NOPE!!! :D:p:D
    Forum Member
    The reason the OP is wrong is because it doesn't take into account what Orlaith's 'game' actually is. I think it's likely that Orlaith's motivation was to get as much publicity as she could - that doesn't mean coming first in BB (As a newcomer HM that's unlikely) it means getting the best out of the experience (Like Jade). Orlaith played the game very well, and knew exactly when the best time to leave is.

- Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should listen to the reason she gave and she really was stressed and couldn't deal with it mentally - just because the rest of them are compulsive liars doesn't mean she is. Besides last night you started a thread which predicted that she was playing the game so well she was going to win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's amazing how someone who 'didn't know how to play' managed to do that isn't it :rolleyes:

it would be like saying the girl who had scored a couple of goals didn't know how to play!

- Chris
    There's playing and there's 'wrecking the game because you can't play as well as the other kids'. This falls into that category. So Science and Kemal who went into training, and paid their dues are now in the parkinglot unjustifiably (you can tell my sport analogies suck
    :o )
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't have enough anti-Orlaith threads. At least Sunita didn't hang around. As Jenni said we've lost two good contestants over this. Fans have every right to be SO annoyed, especially those who spent money the last two weeks trying to grant her wish to leave the House.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    presshardy wrote:

I think it is unfair to say that people being angry about last night / this morning is being anti-Orlaith. I am just very disappointed that we have lost two good players.

IMO Orlaith's reasons for leaving are nothing to do with this so called 'bullying'. She is probably assuming she is now marketable on the outside and staying in the house is losing her money. She has used BB - Science and Kemal genuinely wanted to 'live the experience'. If she had walked when she first started talking about it, two people would have been given a little more time in the house.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    She didn't take the ball, the ball is still in play. Orlaith walked away from a game that she knew she couldn't cope with. I don't see anything wrong in that.

Yes she's been saying she will go for three weeks, but so have others in other BB's, including this one.

Orlaith came in late, that's always difficult when the HM's have already bonded with each other. A newbie is always on the back foot, their only hope is to toady up to the long standing HM's, as Eugene has. Orlaith started by being Makosi's lapdog, but Kemal made that very uncomfortable for her. Derek disliked her on sight, she was another 'bad egg' as he likes to call the HM's he wants rid of.

Derek was already close to Kemal and between them they treated her mercilessly. I don't blame her for walking out of there now, I think if she had been up against someone she liked this week she may have gone before Friday, as it was she at least had the nerve to stay and see if she could oust one of the people who was making her very uncomfortable.

Orlaith knew her chances of winning were virtually zero, and her chance of being up for eviction again this week was almost guaranteed. What's to hang around for?
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JenniTH wrote:

Why do people insist on making things more complex and complicated than they really are? After the boos the previous week, Orlaith probably thought she'd be a dead cert to go this week when nominated again this week. Far from 'not playing the game' and 'taking the easy way out' as people have said on the many, many other threads about this, she remained all this week probably convinced she would go and was prepared to face the music. As it turned out, she stayed against most people's assumptions and decided she simply couldn't bear another week in the house. Who can blame her? So she walked at more or less the first opportunity. Everyone in that house has said they want to leave at some point. Orlaith is the only one who has actually done this. None of the other HMs have the guts to walk. This isn't playing the BB game; it's playing the media game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stev0o wrote:
    Maybe we should listen to the reason she gave and she really was stressed and couldn't deal with it mentally - just because the rest of them are compulsive liars doesn't mean she is. Besides last night you started a thread which predicted that she was playing the game so well she was going to win?
    I said if she stayed she could win. And if she'd shut up and stayed she probably could have won. Did I say 'should win' or 'deserves to win' - no I did not. I said 'could win'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is much easier to watch a game than to play it.

Orlaith has long been saying she doesn't want to play anymore.

Did the voters vote to keep her in or get someone else out?

Why should she stay there just to play the scapegoat? It's a brutal place.
    Forum Member
    JenniTH wrote:
    There's playing and there's 'wrecking the game because you can't play as well as the other kids'. This falls into that category.
    In a year of BB where backstabbing has been more common that friendships I'm struggling to see how anyone could be said to be playing the game according to Hoyle. Orlaith (it seems to me) just managed to play a little bit more intelligently than the bitchers have ended up doing.

- Chris
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Orlaith will get as much media coverage as she thinks....I mean what can she actually tell the media about how Derek has been in the show that they don't already know/have access to but choose not to use?

I guess she'll make Heat magazine next week, and maybe a couple of features in The Sun/The Mirror.

She didn't really have a clue how to play the game, but because she edged a couple of evicitions she thinks she is something special.

The plan was rubbish, and she realised it and bottled out...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JenniTH wrote:
    (you can tell my sport analogies suck
    :o )

all analogies suck, not just yours

dont use them as they are nothing alike :rolleyes: :)
  • presshardypresshardy Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JenniTH wrote:
    :D JTH rolls around laughing her socks off and answers a resounding NOPE!!! :D:p:D

its good that you still have the confidence to post your thoughts about orlaiths motives after you were plain wrong about her last night. it shows character if nothing else.
  • Mrs MigginsMrs Miggins Posts: 2,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orlaith couldn't hack it in the house and rather than just say she didn't have the strength or determination to stay until the end she had to blame someone for her being a quitter. Last week it was Science's fault, then when he left she had to blame someone else so chose Derek.

As far as I could see is all Derek really said to her was that she was free to walk if she wanted to. She mentioned this as her main reason to hate him about 10 times last night.

She has acted like a spoilt child who can't handle being around people who don't think the sun shines out of her backside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like this girl is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't! Where's all the praise for her sticking to her word??? For weeks, so many of you have been saying, 'it's all an act', 'what a fake', etc., etc. Get your spoons and plates out, I've got some pie to feed you all with!!!