Options

transparent Vista theme

Has anyone seen a decent Windows Vista theme with transparent window edges (like the real thing) ???

I've read people saying it isn't possible to create a transparent item in windows explorer, well, that is complete rubbish.

I've longhorn Aero (i think) theme installed, i also installed Glas2k which adds transparency to windows explorer windows.

If set at the right transparency setting in Glass2k, i can get this effect:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/xpdamus/Transparency.jpg

(Look at the back button, it is see-through!)

Now if someone could make a theme where the window edges, and the taskbar where the same colour as the "hover-over back button" in that windows explorer screenshot i got, and the person applied Glass2k which i got, the transparency effect will be fully replicated!

- Let alone if someone made the theme with the same hover-over colour on the taskbar - the theme would be complete. :cool:

Anyone going to try it?

All the person needs to know is the colour of the hover-over back button in the aero theme, and apply that to the taskbar and everywhere else the real Vista uses transparency, and you've got an exact theme replicaiton. :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How'd you get that theme? :eek:
  • Options
    neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    :eek: i want that theme :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    gimme, gimme, gimme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    It's a bit of a cut & shut job i've done, i'm using styleXP, so if you havn't got it, get it (or a similar theme program) while i locate all the files needed for this theme.

I'll be a minute or two....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-p-d wrote:
    I'll be a minute or two....

LOL still waiting :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK.

This is presuming you've got StyleXP (i dont know how windowblinds works or similar)

Longhorn PCX Black:

Download the theme Here, and save to dektop.

Then download Glass2k, Here, and save to desktop.

Now you've got all you need.

Open StyleXP, and click Visual Styles, click "add a new style", locate the Longhorn PCX Black zip folder on the dektop, open, and "apply style to current theme" (Its called AERO UI (Fullmoon) Screenshot

Now you have the theme.

In StyleXP, click on "Explorer Bar", then "Add an Explorer Bar set", locate the Longhorn PCX Black zip file on the desktop, open, then "apply Explorer Bar". Screenshot

In StyleXP, click on "Transparency" and tick the check-boxes to your own tastes.

Now you have the theme!

Now to Glass2k; this will allow transparency on all windows explorer windows (incl. start menu and task bar)

Install the program, and run it.

You'll see it already has a setting for taskbar transparency, move the slider-bar along to your preference. Screenshot

If you've noticed every time you right-click, a transparency setting appears, it is Glass2k; change the Glass2k setting to "transparency pop-up: right-click: DISABLED".

To change the transparency of any windows explorer window, open a window and click on it. For example; open "My Computer", press CTRL + ALT + Shift + numbers 1 - 9. 1 being the most transparent, 9 the least, and 0 disabling transparency for that window.

Now you can get the transparent look like mine! Screenshot

OR.......

For a different style, but along the same lines....

Try this theme: (Screenshot ) i've got. Called Longhorn PCX Aero 5048.

It has the transparent taskbar at the bottom, but the task bar encorporates a nifty trick of having a picture of the wallpaper woven into the taskbar - so for the transparent effect, you'll have to keep the wallpaper.

This theme can be downloaded Here.

And the wallpaper can be downloaded Here.

Happy now? :D:D:D

My personal request is that someone makes the Longhorn PCX Black theme with the Aero 5048 taskbar - it would be awesome!

Anyone here who knows how to do it i would appriciate it!

I might look into it, and have a go at making a Visual Style myself, i'm sure i would only need to copy & paste the "taskbar" part of the VS file from Aero 5048 into PCX Black, anyone?

HAVE FUN! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neo6776 wrote:
    LOL still waiting :D

LOL Sorry i took a while. I thought it best to do a full tutorial. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-p-d wrote:
    LOL Sorry i took a while. I thought it best to do a full tutorial. :cool:

good stuff:D:D

that style xp, do you have to pay for that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neo6776 wrote:
    good stuff:D:D

that style xp, do you have to pay for that?

You can do... I just asked my friend Mr Torrent if i could borrow it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-p-d wrote:
    You can do... I just asked my friend Mr Torrent if i could borrow it. :D

LMAO thats exactly what i am in the process of doing :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D Right then, while you're in the process of setting your theme up, i'm off to watch a film Mr Torrent just sent me. :D

Have fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-p-d wrote:
    :D Right then, while you're in the process of setting your theme up, i'm off to watch a film Mr Torrent just sent me. :D

Have fun.

hehehe Mr Torrent is awful nice isnt he :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that x-p-d :D

That theme looks great... And I was gonna post a thread on here last night asking for something like that lol.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    has anyone got it working on Windows blinds ?
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can see there is no Vista Beta 1 theme. There is however an Vista explorer that has been made that can be used for web browsing and exploring your computer.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=349596

I've read that the Vista (Or Longhorn, whatever) Beta 1 theme is very hard or near impossible to recreate as a Visual Style etc but hopefully somebody will figure out a way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/xpdamus/Transparency.jpg

^ In that screenshot, did the Desktop clock come with the theme? I had to download a very similar theme off WindowsBlinds.

Edit- link fixed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva Leigh wrote:
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...ransparency.jpg

^ In that screenshot, did the Desktop clock come with the theme? I had to download a very similar theme off WindowsBlinds.

Link doesn't work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    refixed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That clock looks like a widget to me of some kind. Not sure which though. The clock in the taskbar is called Lclock (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=157465)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thaaats the one, thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva Leigh wrote:
    Thaaats the one, thanks :)

No problem ;)

It's a nice little program :)
  • Options
    JamesJHJamesJH Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Windows Vista explorer is crap.

The theme in post 1 is inaccurate. (Window minimize/close buttons etc + start button) I'm picky. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesJH wrote:
    That Windows Vista explorer is crap.

The theme in post 1 is inaccurate. (Window minimize/close buttons etc + start button) I'm picky. :p

It is only designed to be a sample at the least, and he has got the design pretty much accurate. If you know what you are doing you can replace windows with it, but he doesn't recommend it.
  • Options
    JamesJHJamesJH Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    examinus wrote:
    It is only designed to be a sample at the least, and he has got the design pretty much accurate. If you know what you are doing you can replace windows with it, but he doesn't recommend it.
    Fair enough.

Are you running Vista?