Options

The Corrie Set

WattsGoingOn?WattsGoingOn? Posts: 349
Forum Member
as anyone been sad enough (like me lol) to stand outside the gates of the coronation street set? i have also been to the science and industry museum in Manchester which overlooks the set if you go to the third floor and look out the windows, i found this purely by mistake but once i saw it i couldn't moved :eek: lol. i went twice but there was no filming happening, i saw some granada staff having there lunch and **** breaks outside on the set but that was it. I remeber seeing devs new shop before it had been on telly and was so excited i told all mates lol. Also Sally could do with putting her nets on a boil wash :cool: ;):p

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there yesterday. The Corrie set seems to be one of the most popular parts of the museum judging by the amount of people looking through the windows. :D

By the looks of it in Keith's back yard they have pigs there so look out for them in upcoming episodes. There was a bloke and a woman in the back yard and the woman was relaxing on a chair, and the bloke was actually putting the pig pen thing together. Then a short time later they were shooting a scene outside the salon, but that tree outside there was blocking the view of some of it. But I saw Bruce Jones, Crabby in a short skirt, Craig, Rosie both dressed in black, Bev Callard and Susie Blake all walking down the set ready for filming and someone took one of the pigs out on a lead.

Around by the gate I saw both Betty Driver and the bloke who plays Nathan drive into the studios, and several members of the cast leave the set including Kate Ford and Shobna Gulati.

Downstairs in the museum from the windows you can get a clear view of the bookies/back of streetcars area of the set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be there all the time if I didn't live so far away :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes I was there in June.
    From the museum I saw Tracey and Deirdre film a scene walking down the street and Gail was sunbathing in her back garden between takes.
    I walked down Liverpool Street and around Water Street to where the entrance to the old Granada Tours was. The area beyond the gate was the location of the first outdoor set from 1968 -82.It was located beside a real viaduct that now belongs to the museum but at the time was actualy a British Rail freight yard.
    The Ian Davenport showroom is located in one of these arches and the Weatherfield bus was parked here. The Italian restaurant that they go to is in the other warehouse that sists behind the doctors surgery and the other Rovers pub where interviews with the cast are held is behing the chip shop set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sydneyfan wrote:
    yes I was there in June.
    From the museum I saw Tracey and Deirdre film a scene walking down the street and Gail was sunbathing in her back garden between takes.
    I walked down Liverpool Street and around Water Street to where the entrance to the old Granada Tours was. The area beyond the gate was the location of the first outdoor set from 1968 -82.It was located beside a real viaduct that now belongs to the museum but at the time was actualy a British Rail freight yard.
    The Ian Davenport showroom is located in one of these arches and the Weatherfield bus was parked here. The Italian restaurant that they go to is in the other warehouse that sists behind the doctors surgery and the other Rovers pub where interviews with the cast are held is behing the chip shop set.

I walked around to where the old set was as well. Seeing it on the 70s DVD's reminded me of it.

I also noticed several Streetcars taxi's and a Newton and Ridley delivery lorry. The Davenports set is still there despite him leaving the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unless Davenport comes back at a later time?
    And if you walk to the front you can see the Hindu temple where Deva and Sunita married.
    I also noticed there was a huge photo of a street on the wall of the studios behind the set- what is this for?
    The old set was covered over when it was New York City in the tour but now it has been taken down and once again the viaduct can be seen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    The huge photo is for scenes filmed at the end of the street on Rosamund St. It serves as a perspective view from the tunnel that runs behind the Rovers... so that basically you cant see the side of the Granada building in shot.. just a contiunation of terraces. I did work experiece on Corrie recently. Its amazing being there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wow i wished i would have walked round and seen the old set, something on my wish list lol. did you see the massive poster of the manchester suburban street on the wall, which can be seen through the archway? i remeber seeing it several months later in a scene between Danny and Leanne and laughing becasue it just looked so out of proportion, it was a good job that is was blurred and not that visible because they would have looked like the borrowers LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did work experiece on Corrie recently. Its amazing being there!

WOWOW!!!!
    Spill the beans on the cast and any unknown Corrie secrets, upcoming spoilers PLEASE :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ha... I dont really want to spill too much as I did sign a confidentiality thingy.

All the cast i met were lovely: Beverly Callard, Anne Kirkbride, Keith Duffy (I wathced them film his last scene) Tina O Brien, Maggie Jones etc..

It was a great week. A few things to look out for... a wedding, a love triangle between two of the mature ladies, Candice getting stuck into a new man, David Platt and thats all I can remember at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ha... I dont really want to spill too much as I did sign a confidentiality thingy.

All the cast i met were lovely: Beverly Callard, Anne Kirkbride, Keith Duffy (I wathced them film his last scene) Tina O Brien, Maggie Jones etc..

It was a great week. A few things to look out for... a wedding, a love triangle between two of the mature ladies, Candice getting stuck into a new man, David Platt and thats all I can remember at the moment.

I've heard that Anne kirkbride can be a right cow! a couple of my friends went to hi to her in Manchester Airport and she was really off and sarchastic to them lol. First i have heared of a love triangle between the ladies, i bet Liz Mcdonald will be involved lol. did you know that Richard And Judy met each other in a corridor at Granada, Manchester LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Annie" seemed lovely... who knows. I guess they like their privacy. Im trying my hardest to remember what else I picked up on... It was confusing as theyre storylinig one thing, filming another, planning another. It all goes way into the future. I think I saw stuff for up until October.

I didnt know that about Richard and Judy!
  • Options
    kookie_twistkookie_twist Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I've heard that Anne kirkbride can be a right cow! a couple of my friends went to hi to her in Manchester Airport and she was really off and sarchastic to them lol. First i have heared of a love triangle between the ladies, i bet Liz Mcdonald will be involved lol. did you know that Richard And Judy met each other in a corridor at Granada, Manchester LOL

Not strictly true, Judy was assigned the task of showing Richard 'the ropes' when he joined the Granada News team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not strictly true, Judy was assigned the task of showing Richard 'the ropes' when he joined the Granada News team.

yes but still in a corridor in Granada, Manchester :p lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    something that gets me is that when Karen and Tracey had there catfight on the top of Mike Bawldwins factory, when i saw it in the flesh, it would have been impossible as there is no door going out onto the roof, and the roof is very small. Do they film the factory shots in the factory itself or is that a set? and what happerns behined the doors of the outside set, cos i could saw a woman sitting down in the upstairs of Sally and Kevins house through the window
  • Options
    jb76jb76 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean by the old corrie set?

i went to the studio tour years ago and remember the nyc street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The factory set and Diggory Comptons are the only ones actually used on "the lot" the rest are in the studio. Up stairs in the main street used to be offices but its just a storage area from what I saw.

I think they may have built a new factory roof set for the filming A) because like you say it is a de-sized version and B) For health and safety reasons.

Re the old set. There was an origianl street set used before the present one was built in 1982. It was a real street near the Granada building. "Grape Street" i think...i saw pictures on the corridor walls.
  • Options
    JJ2005JJ2005 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Are you trying to tell me that Coronation Street is not real. :eek:

I thought it was a social documentary. :D
  • Options
    jb76jb76 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone know any links to show the old set?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sydneyfan wrote:
    unless Davenport comes back at a later time?
    And if you walk to the front you can see the Hindu temple where Deva and Sunita married.
    I also noticed there was a huge photo of a street on the wall of the studios behind the set- what is this for?
    The old set was covered over when it was New York City in the tour but now it has been taken down and once again the viaduct can be seen.

Is one of them arches where the Davenport set is the same arch that was the original Corrie outdoor set?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jb76 wrote:
    anyone know any links to show the old set?

If you look at this link here you can see pics of the sets. The one under the first outdoor set is the one that was on Grape Street.

www.corrie.net/profiles/places/sets.htmlm
  • Options
    BSHAWBSHAW Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    coronation street user, I've sent you private messages. Also I will look at your hyperlink!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did you know that there is a real coronation street? is is in Salford about a mile away from the studios just of regent street, it is all terraced and must have been an influence to Coronation street when it started in 1960
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BSHAW wrote:
    coronation street user, I've sent you private messages. Also I will look at your hyperlink!

Ive seen them and ive replied. :)
  • Options
    BSHAWBSHAW Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    did you know that there is a real coronation street? is is in Salford about a mile away from the studios just of regent street, it is all terraced and must have been an influence to Coronation street when it started in 1960
    THANKS! FOR THE INFORMATION!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BSHAW wrote:
    THANKS! FOR THE INFORMATION!
    http://mappoint.msn.co.uk/(p3ucipvzjnx4ckuaj1ypopyx)/map.aspx?L=EUR&C=53.47652,-2.27157&A=7.16667&P=|53.47652%2c-2.27157|1|Coronation+St%2c+Salford+M5+3|L1|

heres a map, and in case it doesn't work, the psot code is M5 3..