Options

Eugene and Aspergers

statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Here's an article on an aspergers website concerning whether or not Eugene has aspergers.

http://www.krism.org.uk/asp/index.php?showtopic=2670

Comments

• Options
    kaitlin77kaitlin77 Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, he's not special. Just a common or garden run of the mill nerd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaitlin77 wrote:

I'm not so sure myself. If relative of people suffering from aspergers are debating this, I think it may be worth considering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaitlin77 wrote:

What a horrible thing to say. We are all special. Apart from Craig.
  • Options
    CandiceCandice Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    stateless wrote:
    I'm not so sure myself.

I'm not so sure either. He definitely has some form of anxiety...his reaction to tasks is a giveaway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote:
    What a horrible thing to say. We are all special. Apart from Craig.

Special needs? Nope. Just a boring baffoon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a son with Aspergers i agree, i too think he has but theres no point discussing it cause everytime the subject comes up the thread gets deleted :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    kaitlin77 wrote:
    wasnt it his mother that said he had it
    DONT SHOOT THE WOUNDED
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a son with Aspergers i agree, i too think he has but theres no point discussing it cause everytime the subject comes up the thread gets deleted :(

That's because none of us are qualified to say. And we shouldn't be commenting anyway. This kind of discussion is too heavy for a BB forum, and too controvertial.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just a geek

He doesn't appear to have problems bonding with people he just has nothing in common with other people so he talks a lot

the fact he is a virgin is probably becuase he's not exactly attractive and he's boring

I dont think he has aspergers at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it's sad if that is the case. I don't believe it's something to be ashamed of. If he does have aspergers we should be proud of him for being so brave as to enter the house, not try to hide such things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    o u 8 1 2 wrote:
    wasnt it his mother that said he had it
    DONT SHOOT THE WOUNDED
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

Maybe she wants to believe there's an excuse.. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stateless wrote:
    Well it's sad if that is the case. I don't believe it's something to be ashamed of. If he does have aspergers we should be proud of him for being so brave as to enter the house, not try to hide such things.

Exactly, i don't see anything wrong in discussing what we think, no-one is stating fact and saying that he does have it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just a geek

He doesn't appear to have problems bonding with people he just has nothing in common with other people so he talks a lot

the fact he is a virgin is probably becuase he's not exactly attractive and he's boring

As has been stated on BBLB, Eugene is not at all unattractive, his geekiness probably turns people off though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just a geek

Agreed. Boring, unattractive nerd.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a proper assessment can really settle it, but he shows definite indications and I would be suprised if he wasn't on the spectrum somewhere. I am a bit Aspy myself - not the full blown syndrome and it doesn't make us bad people :)
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eugene is just a shy person who is more into his hobbies than he is into other people, but all the same is a courteous and well brought up person mature enough to realise that couple-dom isn't something that appeals to him. I know several people like Eugene, and am not far off being like that myself. Being loud and selfish and over-sexed is not a prerequisite of "being normal"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think some of the people who watch BB get the housemates they deserve.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Sorry, ,I don't think it's very fair to raise speculation over something like this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaitlin77 wrote:
    Agreed. Boring, unattractive nerd.

I'm only asking for peoples views on whether he has aspergers. Saying he's unnatractive is completely unrelated to the topic in hand. Maybe you're unnattractive but you don't see me voicing an opinion on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ludovica wrote:
    Eugene is just a shy person who is more into his hobbies than he is into other people, but all the same is a courteous and well brought up person mature enough to realise that couple-dom isn't something that appeals to him. I know several people like Eugene, and am not far off being like that myself. Being loud and selfish and over-sexed is not a prerequisite of "being normal"

I wonder just why with his obvious shyness, anxiety and nervousness, he chose to apply for BB....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote:
    Sorry, ,I don't think it's very fair to raise speculation over something like this

It could enlighten people to aspergers, so I don't think it's wrong to talk about it. It's as if it's something so terrible we shouldn't discuss it, like sexuality used to be. If a lady who has a son with aspergers is sad that eugene/asperegers posts keep getting deleetd, I think that alone is food for thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaitlin77 wrote:
    I wonder just why with his obvious shyness, anxiety and nervousness, he chose to apply for BB....

so you're claiming that he isn't these things?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaitlin77 wrote:
    my son has autism does this make hi run of the mill nerd where not all perfect :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

there are plenty of ugly boring people with sex lives - all the accountants where I work for a start. :D

And whether or not he has Aspergers - it is still very admirable that he has pushed himself to do something like this. We can't all be natural born media stars, it is good to see that difference can be acceptable - and Craig and Kinga look increasingly bad for mocking him.
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eugene is a perfectly normal person. It's not his fault that the other HMs have no sense of humour or of curiosity about life outside of their own concerns
This discussion has been closed.