Options

New Pace PVR 3 Photo installed today.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
Jsut thought that the good folks on this forum might like to see a photo of the new Pace PVR 3 i was lucky enough to have installed this morning aby a very nice Sky installer.

He had to phone his supervisor to get permission to instal it. He told me they only received them friday and i was the first person he had installed one for.

It comes with 80 Gb hard drive as standard - much better than the 40 Gb one i was supposed to be having.

img294.imageshack.us/img294/1239/dscf01042wh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bluestrawbluestraw Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now then - I don't suppose you'd like to take a couple more photos? Perhaps you could take one of the System Details screen (press Services, then 4, then 5). And if you're really adventurous, how about a photo of the insides? Would be great to know what actual hard drive is installed....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. I'm kind of hoping my very reliable Pace V2 fails so I can have one. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    More pictures would be great if you please :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    This looks like the one i will be recieving tomorrow, see other post i started.

Cheers Simon1966, photo's would be great!

Ta,

RocketRonnie
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - that looks great! :)

A bit like the 160, but much smarter than the v2's we have had. I think I'll hold out for the HD box though - would be little point changing from a v2 to a v3 at this stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    More to the point, would you like to fill the box with recordings and total up the hours viewing that you get (try sky sports to get the minimum avaliable on the disk - uses the highest bitrate)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    off topic, i see you have an lg dr7400 dvd recorder which i want to get but cant find any reviews or comments about it. would you mind giving me your opinion of it please? thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pace, Thompson and Amstrad make these boxes, they are all identical, the difference being the system details screen....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice radiator!

I reckon it's a good job it has all that additional ventilation!!!

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kryptonite wrote:
    Pace, Thompson and Amstrad make these boxes, they are all identical, the difference being the system details screen....

Thats handy for Sky then :) ............customers no longer able to specify a preference (not that it made much difference)
  • Options
    Roger G CamRoger G Cam Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote:
    Thats handy for Sky then :) ............customers no longer able to specify a preference (not that it made much difference)

You mean....at last I can insist on a Panasonic Sky+?

Roger
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much are these price wise? I mean, do you have to pay extra like you do with the Sky+160 or do you just pay for a standard Sky+ and it depends on what the installer has on the van eg. Pace V2, Amstrad or Pace V3?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I ordered sky+ and multiroom on friday and had it installed today and got a pvr3 also. I didnt ask for it just signed up for it as normal and didnt ask for any specific box from the installer either or pay any extra for it. Looks nice but not had too much time to do much with it yet.

Taken a couple of photos. Apologies for quality my digi camera is crap. I've put a photo of the box packaging and as you can see in the bottom left of the box its states it has 80Gb capacity.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9359/pict01024pb.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4424/pict01059hw.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asdigi wrote:
    off topic, i see you have an lg dr7400 dvd recorder which i want to get but cant find any reviews or comments about it. would you mind giving me your opinion of it please? thanks

I have just bought the LG 7500 for my fatherinlaw but not had much time to really get the feel of it.
    One major irritation I have found with it is the scart switching - same problem as my own Pioneer 420 - the damn thing switches over to the DVDR scart when timer activates.
    This may cause a few problems for FIL - may need to disconnect the scart connection to stop that happening which would be a pity.
    Otherwise picture quality on RF and Scart is excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean....at last I can insist on a Panasonic Sky+?

Roger

Sorry you have lost me there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Although saying about panasonic sky + , I had to cancel an install other day due to customer saying all he would have is a panasonic sky +, Which his friend had and recomended , I too was also at a loss that day too????????????? lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting Sky+ installed on Friday, fingers crossed I get one of these boxes,
  • Options
    Roger G CamRoger G Cam Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davieg1611 wrote:
    Although saying about panasonic sky + , I had to cancel an install other day due to customer saying all he would have is a panasonic sky +, Which his friend had and recomended , I too was also at a loss that day too????????????? lol
    Barry wrote:
    Sorry you have lost me there?

Read Kryptonites post..... :p

(Do keep up......)

Roger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read Kryptonites post..... :p

(Do keep up......)

Roger

Sorry still makes no sense to me, my original comment after
    Kryptonites post kinda meant to be in jest (note the smillie).

I can only assume that as he did not mention Panasonic, yours is supposed to be as well?
  • Options
    D-J-SD-J-S Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, although my Sky+ cost £49 (Sky phoned and offered it to me) I'll ask the engineer what version I'm having, if it's not 3 he can take it back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    At £49.00 it's almost certain to be a refurb, in that case you basically get what you're given - could even remotely be a V1 model.
  • Options
    D-J-SD-J-S Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will go back. Sky are not fobbing me off with 2nd rate rubbish. I'll revert to being a non subscriber too.
  • Options
    PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had mine installed today and got the PVR3 box it says 80Gb Personal Storage on the box

It still hasn't sorted out its EPG yet though its been on nearly 4 hrs but ITV1/CH4 haven't appeared yet and 101 is still set as BBC1 London instead of East, the Thompson box downstairs has sorted itself out. The enginner suggested the box should sort itself out in around 4hrs as the Plus boxes take longer. Any ideas?

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone able to photograph the back of the box please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    PR. wrote:
    Had mine installed today and got the PVR3 box it says 80Gb Personal Storage on the box

It still hasn't sorted out its EPG yet though its been on nearly 4 hrs but ITV1/CH4 haven't appeared yet and 101 is still set as BBC1 London instead of East, the Thompson box downstairs has sorted itself out. The enginner suggested the box should sort itself out in around 4hrs as the Plus boxes take longer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Turn the box off and bring it back on again, thsat should sort it, if not give sky a phone.