Options

Wireless connecting problems and DNS issues

risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi guys i wonder if anybody can help me out here. I cannot get my wireless connection to work even though i have tried everything that i know so far to try and get it to work. Every time i try to connect to the internet via my ISP using the relevant TCP/IP settings all i get is an error message telling me that DNS Server cannot be found.

The router that i am using is a ADSL Toshiba Wireless Broadband Gateway modem/routerWBG-1200A and my ISP is AOL .
I can see that i can make a connection via my router on the router network page and a technician from AOL support has also confirmed that I have a connection because they can see this from there end. My router settings are correct. I have also tried disabling all of the firewalls on my PC and have also turned the security setting down to low but this still did not remedy the problem.

My OS is windows XP professional and i have a in built Lan Mini PCI card in my PC.

I have set my settings to allow Windows to automatically configure an address for me and other than that i haven't altered any other settings in my Network Connections.

Has anybody got any ideas what i could try and do here? Could possibly the advanced TCP/IP settings hold the key here?

Comments

• Options
    risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [edit]

I decided to phone Toshibas global support centre and they said that all the IP info that i posted above and then edited looked fine and that it should work.

They seem to think that my router may need some kind of firmwire update. Toshiba will be getting somebody from there third level support team to get in touch with me asap with this info.

Mods I would like this thread to be deleted please, thank you.