Options

VOD launches in Surrey.

kiwikiwi Posts: 1,145
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just turned the tv on this morning and have found VOD has launched(at last)here in Surrey...KT postcode.I am just north of Guildford.

I haven't explored it yet but looks quite good.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    kiwi wrote:
    Just turned the tv on this morning and have found VOD has launched(at last)here in Surrey...KT postcode.I am just north of Guildford.

I haven't explored it yet but looks quite good.

I purchased some music and viewed a couple of BBC programs. All seems to work ok and lots of pay content. It would be even better if the BBC offered a bit more. Overall I'm impressed with the delivery and quality of the service.
  • Options
    Teflon 2Teflon 2 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Are you Bromley?

I'm getting excited now - Im in Surrey in the KT postcode area on Bromley. Will I have a new toy tonight I wonder?
  • Options
    kiwikiwi Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teflon 2 wrote:
    Are you Bromley?

I'm getting excited now - Im in Surrey in the KT postcode area on Bromley. Will I have a new toy tonight I wonder?

I am Langley(ex cabletel)but the end of my road(literally)is the border for the old Cable and Wireless franchise so even though you are KT like me you are Bromley and I am Langley.

NB. I am the Weybridge area.

Tonight the VOD is not working anyway.I am getting SEAC 500.Must be fine tuning it or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teflon 2 wrote:
    Are you Bromley?

If you're on the Bromley platform, you won't have VoD yet. ntl are currently only rolling it out on the Langley platform.

Browneggsandham :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Seem to have the service here in farnborough but has what seems to be teething problems.
    It goes far but then fails.
    Ill try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope if NTL introduce an PVR later this year, for around a year it should be restricted to Bromley, to make up for the fact Langley got this first
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've just started playing around with it, and it seems quite stable so far. Although so far the BBC kids stuff ie Bill & Ben,
    only episode one is free and the others are 20p each. It may not seem much but I'm sure it can add up quite quickly
    with my 2 terrors and school holidays :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I think Telewest's idea is better, a £5 optional monthly fee or free if you are on their top package. Thats only for teleport tv though, not replays
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Im in the GU24 area of Surrey.
    VoD didnt work last night and I kept getting error message SEAC500 on screen.
    Finally gave up and tried again this morning after turning off the box for 5 mins.
    It then worked but locked me out because of an incorrect PIN number that you seem to have to enter.
    Wonder why it needs a PIN for the free content??
    Can understand when its a pay service but seems a bit odd for the free stuff.
    Anybody else having these problems?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    All works ok for me. I think the PIN is to prevent certain age related material from being accessed outside certain hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    surreyuser wrote:
    Im in the GU24 area of Surrey.
    VoD didnt work last night and I kept getting error message SEAC500 on screen.
    Finally gave up and tried again this morning after turning off the box for 5 mins.
    It then worked but locked me out because of an incorrect PIN number that you seem to have to enter.
    Wonder why it needs a PIN for the free content??
    Can understand when its a pay service but seems a bit odd for the free stuff.
    Anybody else having these problems?

Yes i had same problems initially. all cured except the pin number which i had forgotten about till i saw your reply. so thanks.
    On the phone now to to find out what my number is! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    already done that but apparently you have to get them to clear any exiting PIN and then you reset a new number yourself by going into Guide.
    At least thats what Ive been told.
    Wont know if that works till I get home tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    surreyuser wrote:
    already done that but apparently you have to get them to clear any exiting PIN and then you reset a new number yourself by going into Guide.
    At least thats what Ive been told.
    Wont know if that works till I get home tonight.

Yes thats right, they reset them to zero. You can use that or change.
    Cant see any risk with leaving it at that as there are only the two of us who use it
    (unless there are other securitym issues?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    MH1 wrote:
    I hope if NTL introduce an PVR later this year/QUOTE]

In order for NTL to have a PVR to rival Sky+ they need a decent EPG which they have so far failed to deliver.

Rather than wait for a NTL system that actually works, which from experience could be never, I have just switched to Sky+ and its superb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    when are we getting it manchester does any 1 no
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    can anyone tell me which UK areas currently don't have on demand?

This message relates to dates up to and including 19 January 2006.

Thanks in advance

Simon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Still not here in Aylesbury HP21
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    onetwothree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681