✭✭✭
Back for another four week RSL, On 531 mw and the Web,

http://www.susyradio.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Comments

• Options
    mill9mill9 Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a listen around midnight and heard the start. Reception reasonably ok with some foreign interference. Daylight is extremely good since they are only using 1 watt. Unfortunately they only seem to play country music which is of no interest to me. :yawn:
  • Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=mill9 Unfortunately they only seem to play country music which is of no interest to me. :yawn:[/QUOTE]

Yes they are using what they call a Hot Country Format this time round, I am not very keen on that either,

As there i watt signal on 531 gets out so well, I have often wondered why other RSL stations dont use that frequency?
  • Options
    mill9mill9 Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea why that is
  • Options
    DimitriDimitri Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    mill9 wrote:
    No idea why that is
    Why use it at all, surely the only people who are likely to listen to it up there are anoraks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    i shall be on susy at 8pm till 10pm which is the youth show. this show will be using more modern music and no country.

so worth listening for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    so join us peter bradby and lauren dunston from 8 till 10pm tuesdays to thursedays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Susy Radio is available on the web. Weekday evenings between 8-10 is susy youth. They play ALL types of music and NO country. Excellent so far what I have heard. Give them some support and phone in, they will really appreciate it.
  • Options
    jeremybaileyjeremybailey Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    great wee station, not bad at all. well done.

its good to hear a station broadcasting at 64k over the internet! - Well done again!
  • Options
    ITISIITISI Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    great wee station, not bad at all. well done.

its good to hear a station broadcasting at 64k over the internet! - Well done again!
    You must be able to receive some pretty crappy stations around your location if you think its 'great!' Listened the other afternoon for about 15 minutes to a bloke and woman waffling on about nothing - it was fairly obvious no-one was calling in or e-mailing them. The music was also unbelievably dire.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reasonable signal in N Surrey (better than the FM last time) and it worked in the car down the M3 to Fleet!.
    But if RTL and Mean Fiddler could not get a country format working on 1035AM I don't think Susy will either?
    I note the music policy poll on the website has the result " Mix of A/C with some Oldies+Country+Rock"

Still I think it will best to go for FM qualty fo the long term community licence.