Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contact ANNE OLIVER
    Phone +44-1480-447700
    Fax +44-1480-431767
    Email anne@wharfedale.co.uk
  • JamboUKJamboUK Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have or know anyone who has one of these sets?

I am interested in the Freeview integration...and seems a good price.

Any other 15"/17" integrated LCD set out there in a similar price bracket?
  • VoyagerWebsitesVoyagerWebsites Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point are there any similar priced tv's around with freeview built in at 17" because i cannot find any.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually you will be lucky to get one, rang Argos they said nowhere has had any yet not even the internet warehouse.
    Forum Member
    Actually you will be lucky to get one, rang Argos they said nowhere has had any yet not even the internet warehouse.

Did they not give you a delivery date for new stock?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamboUK wrote:
    Did they not give you a delivery date for new stock?

They have no idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where on the web the official Wharfedale site might be?
    The wharfedale loudspeaker site at whafedale.co.uk doesn't seem to mention the TV's.

The 17" Freeview job seems too good to be true, but is it imagine-ware or does it actually exist yet? Anyone know anyone who has one?

:):)
    Forum Member
    Looks like Argos now have more stock. Anyone got more details on these things?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Got one yesterday...very pleased.

It's related to the highly regarded Mikomi, the connection panel, power supply and various other bits and bobs are the same, but is actually better. The viewing angles on the Mikomi are a bit limited but on this they are very big in both directions. i found the Mikomi needed moving depending on where you view it from but the Wharfedale can just be left where it is.

The Freeview tuner is yet another incarnation of the Vestel ones that come under loads of different banners and is none the worse for it.

Is much more pleasing on the eye than the Mikomi, with a more upmarket look about particularly after picking off the Wharfedale badge.

On the whole I don't think you'll do any better for the price if not a fair bit more.
    Forum Member
    Spikey wrote:
    Got one yesterday...very pleased.

It's related to the highly regarded Mikomi, the connection panel, power supply and various other bits and bobs are the same, but is actually better. The viewing angles on the Mikomi are a bit limited but on this they are very big in both directions. i found the Mikomi needed moving depending on where you view it from but the Wharfedale can just be left where it is.

The Freeview tuner is yet another incarnation of the Vestel ones that come under loads of different banners and is none the worse for it.

Is much more pleasing on the eye than the Mikomi, with a more upmarket look about particularly after picking off the Wharfedale badge.

On the whole I don't think you'll do any better for the price if not a fair bit more.

Brilliant! Finally a reply!! So this product is all it is cracked up to be then and good for the price?

Why did you feel the need to pick of the badge?? lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I took delivery of one today. My local Argos and other stores in the area were zero stock too, but found I could order one through home delivery on Argos website. As it only cost £4.95 (delivery) and was delivered within 48 hours I thought it was worth it to beat the inevitable queue.

I agree with Spikey, it is very easy on the eye. The freeview feature is an excellent option and enhances the overall package.

Only fault is that the on/off power button does not operate from the side of the unit, it is pemenantly powered on but can be put into stand-by from the remote. I'll call Argos tomorrow and report the fault.

Otherwise I am most pleased. Plenty of connection options; twin scart, PC input, camcorder connections, S-Video input, CI Slot, and more.

Haven't seen anything near it for the price.
    Forum Member
    I was holding out for it to be in store and it suddenly became available at one or m local ones. Too tight to pay a fiver and to be honest was expecting to take it back as I thought it wouldn't be up to much. Definitely keeping it now though, glad I kept checking.

As per usual you'll need to change the TV settings a lot to get the best picture, it ships with the standard contrast full up, brightness right down.

Oh yeh, only downside so far, the remote is the same ergonomic disaster as the Mikomi, who would think of designing soething you use in your hand with sharp corners!
    Forum Member
    I called Argos this morning re. the on/off switch and they’re sending me a replacement package. Don’t know when, as their main warehouse has sold out again.

Continues to please. Took your advice, Spikey, and set up the contrast/brightness to suit.

Having a slight problem getting my combination vcr/dvd to be recognised by the unit, but I put this down to not yet having studied the auxiliary set-up guidelines (tedious reading, even to an alleged technocrat).
    Forum Member
    Been thinking of one of these 17" TV's from Argos, but trying to find any info on them has proved hard. I'm looking for a TV that I can take away in the caravan that works on 12 volts. Can anyone who has bought tell me tell me about the DC input. Does it have an external transformer? If yes, what is the output voltage and current?
    With Thanks..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Seems a fine product BUT.... for me, at the moment, it is a bit of a pain :( .
    As I have not yet set it up with an external aerial, it keeps going into stand-by mode, whatever is playing [dvd,video,ps2....] :mad: .

Has anyone got an idea how to stop it doing so? I'd rather my son's ps2 stayed in his room...... :D

Mike
    Forum Member
    grumpybri, yes it's 12v, the power supply quotes 6.25A output. The connector is slightly odd though as it is four pins marked as a pair of positives and a pair of negatives.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Spikey, now I just have to find one. No stock for home delivery and none of the local Argos sgops have one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I'm looking at getting a 26" Wharfedale from Argos, specs look fine to me, the only thing I cannot find out is the refresh rate.

27in (68.5cm) TV with 68cm visible screen size.
    50Hz refresh rate.
    Resolution 1280 x 768 pixels.
    Brightness 600cd/m2.
    Contrast 600:1.
    Nicam stereo.
    Digital tuner - full access to over 30 digital Freeview channels.
    'Now and next' and '7 day' electronic programme guide (EPG).
    Top Up TV compatible.

Any views on this?

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=3801&langId=-1&productId=154972

cheers,

greg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I have had the 26" for 2 weeks now good picture sound not too bad (though I've conected it to an AS 533 and it is well good) You can pause terestrial but I cannot get the claimed PiP to work. I have contact Wharfedale and they cannot give me any details (?). It must be a rebadge. I'm happy with it as a first time LCD tv and certainly no visible blurring. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah and don't expexct the TV to replace your free view box for recording. As when you put the TV on S/By the signal ceases. Resulting in blank recordings. Unless I'm doing it wrong, if so advice welcome. :(
  • jam2000jam2000 Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the pictures on these like for football?
    As I have a LCD TV but find it too dark and fast moving action causes smearing.
    Is this the case for the 17" one?
  • sean5302sean5302 Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    JamboUK wrote:
    Brilliant! Finally a reply!! So this product is all it is cracked up to be then and good for the price?

Why did you feel the need to pick of the badge?? lol

Guess we'll be seeing an eBay wanted item for a Sony or Panasonic badge.

You really don't know why there's a need to remove the Wharfedale badge?

I don't think so, do you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking to get an LCD tv and this one looks really good. The only thing I cant decide is what size to get. I have about £450 to spend. I currently have a 28" CRT widescreen in my bedroom and Im not sure if a 17" would be too small. I understand an LCD has a more visable area on the screen but I just cant decide!