WWF -Anyone remember Sensational Sherri

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi years ago my brother and I watched WWF, I have'nt watched it since but wondered did anyone know what Sherri Martel is up to now!

I loved her, she was the million dollar lady with Ted Di Biase, then Queen Sherri with Macho Man and then Sensational Sherri with Shawn Michaeils. The last I saw was the Summerslam when she was with Tatanka and Luna Vacheon first entered with Shawn Michaels and she beat Sherri up but Sherri gave as good as she got!

Back then the only women in WWF was Sherri, Elizabeth, Sapphire and later Luna. Now there are so many! :)

Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    She recently reappeared as part of kurt angle's side sort of a promo for the match between HBK and kurt angle at wrestlemania.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was she the scary one with the "interesting" eye make up?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    icklekermy wrote:
    was she the scary one with the "interesting" eye make up?

Yep. Looked as freaky as ever.
  • Cloud StrifeCloud Strife Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote:
    Yep. Looked as freaky as ever.

Luna was more scary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always remember someone's banner saying 'Scary Sherri's chest is hairy!' :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Sherri Martel came back as part of the feud between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels as on Smackdown show Kurt Angle was bringing out people from Shawn Michaels past and Sherri was brought out by Angle!
  • Cloud StrifeCloud Strife Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote:
    Sherri Martel came back as part of the feud between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels as on Smackdown show Kurt Angle was bringing out people from Shawn Michaels past and Sherri was brought out by Angle!

Alrady posted
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah I realised that as by the time I posted it there was about 4 posts before mine!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back in 92 at wembley stadium summerslam 92 with the feud between shawn and rick martel where she was the centre on attention between them both
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember back in 92 at wembley stadium summerslam 92 with the feud between shawn and rick martel where she was the centre on attention between them both

Oh my word yeah, that was one of my faves, she said they were'nt aloud to hit each other, they did and she fainted. One of them was carrying her down the aisle when Rick I think threw a bucket of water over Shawn, only it missed and went over her and she ran down the aisle screaming!

Did she sing Shawn Michael's theme song "He's just a sexy boy, sexy boy......." :)
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he sang it himself, though I do remember a female scream sort of thing towards the start.

Now, does anyone remember the catfight between Sherri and Luna Vachon which culminated in them ripping each others clothes off? If I weren't already gay, I'm damned sure I would have been after that :D
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    Oh my word yeah, that was one of my faves, she said they were'nt aloud to hit each other, they did and she fainted. One of them was carrying her down the aisle when Rick I think threw a bucket of water over Shawn, only it missed and went over her and she ran down the aisle screaming!

Did she sing Shawn Michael's theme song "He's just a sexy boy, sexy boy......." :)

She did sing it. I would love them to use it still her version was great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote:
    She recently reappeared as part of kurt angle's side sort of a promo for the match between HBK and kurt angle at wrestlemania.

That angle ruled, just for Kurt's amazing song.

"I'm just a sexy Kurt
    I'll make your ankle hurt"

Angle is a genius.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he sang it himself, though I do remember a female scream sort of thing towards the start.

Now, does anyone remember the catfight between Sherri and Luna Vachon which culminated in them ripping each others clothes off? If I weren't already gay, I'm damned sure I would have been after that :D

Luna was scary, even I remember thinking wow who the hell is that freaky looking lady? I thought Sherri would have handled her but, have to admit I liked how the crowd started chanting "SHERRI, SHERRI, SHERRI...." everyone was on her side!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luna comes from a very famous familt line of wrestlers, so it was obvious that she was going to be wrestler as well.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherri's voice is still heard on HBK's theme, doing the 'Oh Oh Shawn' bit. As said previosly, she used to do the whole thing.

She managed Randy Savage when he was 'Macho King' and she was his 'Sensational Queen'.

She was WWF Womens Champion in the late 80s.

I think she left to look after her son in the early 90s.

Her voice used to annoy me !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote:
    Sherri's voice is still heard on HBK's theme, doing the 'Oh Oh Shawn' bit. As said previosly, she used to do the whole thing.

She managed Randy Savage when he was 'Macho King' and she was his 'Sensational Queen'.

She was WWF Womens Champion in the late 80s.

I think she left to look after her son in the early 90s.

Her voice used to annoy me !

Yeah I always remember her saying once "You know something Mean Jean......" I liked her so I did but I remember once when Elizabeth and Sapphire teamed up against Sherri, wot ever happened to Sapphire, did'nt she used to manage Dustin or Dusty Rhodes, can't remember which one is right?
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    If anyone would like the theme where she sings I'll gladly upload it somewhere for them.

Kurts version of it was brillant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wud be cool, I liked Sensational Sherri, but hey, why did she leave WWF? I know someone said in real life she left to look after her kids, but what reason did she give in WWF?

Do today's generation of WWF fans know who Sherri is?

Loved the outfit she wore in Summerslam 92 was it I think, where her butt cheeks were hanging out.

Always used to love how Shawn Michaels was brought out

"Lead down the aisle by Sensational Sherri........."

and then cue theme tune

"Oh, oh oh oh Shawn....."
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I always remember her saying once "You know something Mean Jean......" I liked her so I did but I remember once when Elizabeth and Sapphire teamed up against Sherri, wot ever happened to Sapphire, did'nt she used to manage Dustin or Dusty Rhodes, can't remember which one is right?

Sherri also played the lady friend of The Honkytonk Man, a character called Peggy Sue.

She managed The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase, who had earlier paid off Sapphire not turn up for her match with Sherri at Summerslam 1990.

Sapphire was manager of Dusty Rhodes, and prior to her scheduled match with Sherri, she kept receiving gifts, that turned out to be from DiBiase.

Elizabeth pulled her off Randy Savage when he lost his retirement match against The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VII.

She had split from HBK after he pushed her in the way of a mirror swung by Marty Jannetty.
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone said in real life she left to look after her kids, but what reason did she give in WWF?
    Longevity could be another factor - she appeared in WCW afterwards. The early 1990s period was when many of the established faces had left the WWF.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake
    THE SNAKE
    ROBERTS!!!!!!!

And who could forget THE ULLLLTIMMAATEEE WARRIOORRRR.

But they all wished they were as good as BRET.. HIT MANNNN HART
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    She also appeared in ECW (back when it was called, Eastern Championship Wrestling) with The Franchise Shane Douglas.
  • keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wud be cool, I liked Sensational Sherri, but hey, why did she leave WWF? I know someone said in real life she left to look after her kids, but what reason did she give in WWF?

Do today's generation of WWF fans know who Sherri is?

Loved the outfit she wore in Summerslam 92 was it I think, where her butt cheeks were hanging out.

Always used to love how Shawn Michaels was brought out

"Lead down the aisle by Sensational Sherri........."

and then cue theme tune

"Oh, oh oh oh Shawn....."

In answer to your question no, as a part of the new generation of wwe fans, I dont have a clue who you are talking about! I do know alot of the other names mentioned though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    off subject but is anyone else chuffed that we are going to see smackdown about 4 and a half hours before it's on in america from this week! message boards here we come, spoilers aplenty!i think we owe them one or two.