New software on Sky+ V2 box (Pace)

jwjw Posts: 387
Forum Member
Just got the new software upgrade including EPG facelift on my Pace V2 Sky+ box at 4am this morning, as expected.

Previously:

Manufacturer: Pace
Model: 3.024
Version: 9F2103
OS version: 1.31A8
EPG version: sky+1.28.d

Now:

Model: 3.057
Version: 9F2103
OS version: 1.31A0E
EPG version: sky+1.30.q

Nothing much else to say about the changes it brings really because it's all been covered in the V1 thread among others. I must admit now I've seen the new EPG design on the TV I do prefer it to the old one as it looks modern and vibrant - compared to the old design which was beginning to look stale. Although overall, I still prefer the pre-2001 EPG design (before the Personal Planner) :D

:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my update, at around 4:00-4:05am

I like the new design, though the menu section looks out of place with the new glass effect logo.
    My box information is slighty different:

Version: 9F2106

I removed the adult channels from the EPG and i locked one channel to annoy my little sister :D

I also noticed an option hidden away to turn off the pin protected recorded programmes, although i think thats been there in some form for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must check mine now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Yep got update as well. Glad to finally have red dot timeout and adult channel removal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Great. I can't remember my PIN as it's about 3 years since I last had to use it, and i am now being asked for it. It's obviously something to do with the upgrade as there is a recorded message relating to PINs when you call the support line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    try the last 4 numbers on your viewing card mate but if you have changed it yourself then :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    just recieved the update myself was gonna ask where do i find the thing for getting rid of the wee red dot :rolleyes:
  • njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that I too have the software update:

Version: 9F2106

All looks very nice :)
  • rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to change the subject, but is there any way to disable the PIN protection?

I have been to Parental Controls, then pressed the Red Button to toggle "PIN Restrictions On/Off" but I am still required to enter the PIN for Movies on Sky Movies after 8pm.
  • remotevisitorremotevisitor Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Who is going to be the first to check whether the new firmware allows a V2 box upgraded with a disk >160Gb to do more than one Full System Reset without having to low level format the disk in a PC?

It would be really nice if this problem has been fixed .... but as this is not a feature required by a standard box I realize that it isn't likely to have been a fixed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Got my update too but it seems to have affected the live pause and the recording facility :confused:

Ok now reset system :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Got the update as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, channel change seems a bit slower dont you think?
  • stub_81stub_81 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Blocked the adult channels.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO Funny
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main casualty for me so far seems to be that the update deleted all the manual recordings I had in my planner! I hope I don't have the same problem as safc99,I need to watch the remaining progs in my planner before I can do a fsr,had been trying to clear it out before the update in case it was affected but didn't quite get there.
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >I also noticed an option hidden away to turn off the pin protected recorded programmes<

Where is this hidden please?

Haven't had time to play much with the new software yet but I had to do the quick reset (power off then power on) before I could get anything to work. Prior to that I couldn't receive any live channels and selecting pre-recorded programmes from the EPG brought up the usual banners to start play, but pressing play led to a blank blue screen. Seems okay now but I'm still wary of it.

Haven't been asked for my PIN yet despite playing back a couple of things that were recorded after the watsershed last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Message deleted - duplication
  • JBlinkJBlink Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have been into the Parental Control section and turned off PIN protection of everything. I stiill have to enter the PIN to view ANY film of ANY category in the planner - PG / 12 or whatever. I recorded Greatest TV Comedy Moments on C5 last night even even needed to put the PIN in to watch that! I say needed, past tense, as in my frustration I pressed yellow by mistake and deleted it! If only they had added an "are you sure" function to deletion, that would have been much more useful than this stupid PIN protection. Fine to have it for those who need it but for f*ck sake we should be able to turn it off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I've got it, seems a tad slower.

The local BBC new (North West) from 6:55 to 7:00 was unwatchable kept on pausing, freezing. All other channels and BBC1 national was OK.

Anyone else get this? Hopefully not related just the Beeb
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning to you all.

Not that it's much in the way of new features, however don't forget about the new Bookmark feature.

Play a recording and then press Pause, and then I think it's the green button. This will set a bookmark. Do this as many times as you wish.

Once all bookmarks have been set, play the recording, however this time press Pause and then I believe the Red button. This will then take you to your Bookmark menu. Here you will see all the bookmarks you have set.

The new feature is, when you scroll down to each bookmark, there will also be a 10 second clip of that part of the recording (Thumbnail) If you want this part of the recording then just press select. If you don't, just scroll down to the bookmark you want. Each one will show you 10 seconds of playback.

Not much........but quite neat.

Regards James
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBlink wrote:
    Well I have been into the Parental Control section and turned off PIN protection of everything. I stiill have to enter the PIN to view ANY film of ANY category in the planner - PG / 12 or whatever. I recorded Greatest TV Comedy Moments on C5 last night even even needed to put the PIN in to watch that! I say needed, past tense, as in my frustration I pressed yellow by mistake and deleted it! If only they had added an "are you sure" function to deletion, that would have been much more useful than this stupid PIN protection. Fine to have it for those who need it but for f*ck sake we should be able to turn it off!

I think this may have something to do with the fact that it was a recording made before the update.

Record something now, that hasn't got any kind of age restriction. Turn off the Pin Protect, and then play back the recording. You shouldn't have to enter the Pin.

Regards James
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Norm B wrote:
    Yep I've got it, seems a tad slower.

The local BBC new (North West) from 6:55 to 7:00 was unwatchable kept on pausing, freezing. All other channels and BBC1 national was OK.

Anyone else get this? Hopefully not related just the Beeb

Yeah i had this aswell but everything id ok now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I have two Pace v2 boxes. One upgraded fine, the other when I tried it this morning had the message "There is a technical fault with this channel" and something about no signal. Signal test indicated good signal strength and quality on both inputs but showed showed 0000 instead of 07d4 etc.

Eventually corrected itself after I rebooted, but the upgrade hasn't taken on this box (still the old version).

Is there anything I can do to get the upgrade to happen again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This PIN thing is a real PITA.

I have never used a PIN and I tried the last 4 digits of the card but it's no good.
    All my radio recordings are protected!

I can't get into Parental Control because I don't know the pin!

HELP!
  • pjhpjh Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm them - these damn PINs will eventually go away when all recordings being played are with the new software?

I live in a kid free house and I just don't want the stupid feature!
  • JBlinkJBlink Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this may have something to do with the fact that it was a recording made before the update.

Record something now, that hasn't got any kind of age restriction. Turn off the Pin Protect, and then play back the recording. You shouldn't have to enter the Pin.

Regards James

Maybe so and I'll try it. However, whilst it does not affect me as my kids are both teenagers, if I did want to PIN protect more "mature" content, in order for them to watch 12 rated films I now have to tell them the PIN - a bit self defeating don't you think!