Options

Fiona Phillips (merged)

bettycatbettycat Posts: 6,390
Forum Member
I know it can't be the only thread on here devoted to her but here goes.

AAARARARARRARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad to see that her marriage to the boss of GMTV hasn't hampered her career at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't decide if its the way she rubs her hands and pulls faces or her 'links'...that I hate more
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the fact that she constantly gets her facts wrong when interviewing people. It was painful to watch her interviewing Christopher Casanove about the production of My Fair Lady that he is appearing in. She made some half assed reference about how he's playing th role that Rex Harrison made famous and he worked with Rex once, years ago. He looked at her like she had 3 heads!
  • Options
    FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:
    and the fact that she constantly gets her facts wrong when interviewing people. It was painful to watch her interviewing Christopher Casanove about the production of My Fair Lady that he is appearing in. She made some half assed reference about how he's playing th role that Rex Harrison made famous and he worked with Rex once, years ago. He looked at her like she had 3 heads!

Very poor research on her behalf, in that sense she's a bit like Natasha Kerplunksky who make huge gaffes all the time.
    Fiona is just so unprofessional.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bettycat wrote:
    I can't decide if its the way she rubs her hands and pulls faces or her 'links'...that I hate more
    Thats the bit that annoys me. And she sits hunched over whilst rubbing her hands and screwing up her face so she looks like a witch :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I was just looking for the Fiona thread that was on here some weeks ago (and is quite long!)

Anyway, I am glad I found this as I really wanted to make a point. Since she has been back from her extended summer break, I have found her more and more irritating.

Last week she managed to make a very uncalled for comment about Carla Romano after she (Carla) showed her interview with George Clooney, Mat Damon etc. After the interview Carla handed back to the studio and Fiona shuddered, made a face and said "I'm glad she's gone". But Carla heard it and you could tell she wasnt happy.

This morning, after the Keith Chegwin competition link where he asked someone on the beach if they would rub suntan lotion on his back, she pulled a face of pure disgust and commented about his hairy back.

This morning she also referred to Kate's pregnancy and "shotgun" wedding.

Last week she also grabbed Richard Arnolds man boobs and commented on that! She'd have a princess fit if that was done to her!!

I am getting sick to the back teeth of her in the mornings, she is obviously getting too big for her boots and thinks she can get away with all this sniping, pulling faces etc because of who she is married to.

End of rant (for now) :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the way you can clearly see she thinks shes that scottish woman who used to present watchdog, when shes making comments about companies taking advantage of the public
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just looking for the Fiona thread that was on here some weeks ago (and is quite long!)

Anyway, I am glad I found this as I really wanted to make a point. Since she has been back from her extended summer break, I have found her more and more irritating.

Last week she managed to make a very uncalled for comment about Carla Romano after she (Carla) showed her interview with George Clooney, Mat Damon etc. After the interview Carla handed back to the studio and Fiona shuddered, made a face and said "I'm glad she's gone". But Carla heard it and you could tell she wasnt happy.

This morning, after the Keith Chegwin competition link where he asked someone on the beach if they would rub suntan lotion on his back, she pulled a face of pure disgust and commented about his hairy back.

This morning she also referred to Kate's pregnancy and "shotgun" wedding.

Last week she also grabbed Richard Arnolds man boobs and commented on that! She'd have a princess fit if that was done to her!!

I am getting sick to the back teeth of her in the mornings, she is obviously getting too big for her boots and thinks she can get away with all this sniping, pulling faces etc because of who she is married to.

End of rant (for now) :mad:

TOTALLY agree! I wasn't overly fond of Kate Garraway but I miss her so much now that the evil queen of Frizzeldom is back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:
    I hate the way you can clearly see she thinks shes that scottish woman who used to present watchdog, when shes making comments about companies taking advantage of the public

Lynn Faulds-Wood she ain't.
    Can't see Fiona standing up to crooks like Lynn used to when she ahd John Stapleton fronted Watchdog!
    That woman had nerves of steel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pushka wrote:
    I'm so glad to see that her marriage to the boss of GMTV hasn't hampered her career at all.

Martin Frizzell??

When they got married he was just a correspondent, lower status than her job was at the time.

I have to say I haven't watched her for years but she never bothered me back when I did used to watch GMTV.

If I do watch anything now though it's BBC Breakfast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiagress wrote:
    Martin Frizzell??

When they got married he was just a correspondent, lower status than her job was at the time.

I have to say I haven't watched her for years but she never bothered me back when I did used to watch GMTV.

If I do watch anything now though it's BBC Breakfast.

Frizzell is now editor at GMTV, so you can bet if his job belonged to anyone else, Fiona would find herself out of a job!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy wrote:
    Frizzell is now editor at GMTV, so you can bet if his job belonged to anyone else, Fiona would find herself out of a job!

But she didn't lose her job before he was editor, did she?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiagress wrote:
    But she didn't lose her job before he was editor, did she?

:rolleyes:

No, just saying I think there's a bit of nepotism going on! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    bettycat wrote:
    I know it can't be the only thread on here devoted to her but here goes.

AAARARARARRARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Thankyou.

Beautifully and eloquently put. As I said on other thread, Kate and Andrew used to make me laugh in the morning, she makes me want to commit murder. How I wish the lovely Andrew would go postal and set about her with one of his tennis rackets - that I'd tune in to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand any of them meself - that's why I stopped watching ages ago!
    Andrew Castle - vain, smug git. Loves himself and watches tapes of the show all the time, claiming he's trying to "improve". Keep on watching Andy baby! :rolleyes:
    Richard Arnold - I've met him (complete nutter)
    Penny Smith - 47, pretends to be 37
    Kate Garraway - just can't put my finger on it!

But Fiona really is the pits of the whole bunch!
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How I wish the lovely Andrew would go postal and set about her with one of his tennis rackets - that I'd tune in to watch.

LOL - The very idea is fantastic :D - However, Andrew is far too much of a gentleman, still, it's a nice thought - I'd stand by with a new racket in case his strings broke ;)
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Saw Fiona for the first time in many months today, horrible experience. Kerplinksy was on the other side, difficult choice. :eek: Bad as each other.

I was not a great Kate Garraway fan, but she is way better than FP.
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to watch GMTV for years because of the dire presenters on it. Eamonn Holmes used to make me want to regurgitate my breakfast.

You can clearly see that all the others seem to get on with each other but she has this 'higher than thou' attitude that she is only allowed to possess because she's shacked up with Martin. She can't interview for toffee. Why should she research, when hubby runs the show???

The fact that Ben Shepherd is now only working a few mornings because of her aging complex is disgusting. She'd look a munta sitting next to anyone. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she's 'had' something done, her cheeks look more padded and her hair isn't as stringy. Not that this makes her any better....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she still has a face like a wizzened old hamster
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icklekermy wrote:

and the personality of one too.
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    She lives near me in South London, I have seen her a couple of times. She always looks very trendy, usually in combats and trainers and accompanied by her long haired children.

My husband once had a drunken conversation with her brother who used to run a pub nearby, naturally Mr Pairofpants gleaned no interesting gossip whatsoever from his chat they just talked about sport!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    icklekermy wrote:

Awww Hamster no,Road kill rat more like.
    She looks like she is Gillian mckeith's much uglier twin

I find her the most irritating person on my TV. Has any body else noticed that stupid laugh deep throated grunt thing she does??

Fiona love if you read this,isnt it about time you had a holiday:)
    Take a year off after all you are sleeping with the boss!!
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absoloutley can't stand Fiona Phillips. She is just so patronising and conceited and obnoxious. Everytime I see her I just want to smash the TV set. Althought to be fair Im not overly keen on GMTV fullstop. I quite like Penny Smith and Ben Shephard but Andrew Castle is just as bad as Fiona for smug arrogance.

I miss the Big Breakfast!!! :cry::(
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    I absoloutley can't stand Fiona Phillips. She is just so patronising and conceited and obnoxious. Everytime I see her I just want to smash the TV set. Althought to be fair Im not overly keen on GMTV fullstop. I quite like Penny Smith and Ben Shephard but Andrew Castle is just as bad as Fiona for smug arrogance.

I miss the Big Breakfast!!! :cry::(

Bring back Zig and Zag.
This discussion has been closed.