Samsung D600 or Nokia N70

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
Forum Member
✭✭
Alright everyone, its upgrade time.

Been looking around and kinda decided on the Samsung D600 or the Nokia N70.

Does anyone know the dates when they will be released and on which network.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N70 out now, D600 in October
  • Casey ClunesCasey Clunes Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Get whichever is out now, because there will always be a better phone 'available soon'. Nokia will always be the best for usability and ergonomicity in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get whichever is out now, because there will always be a better phone 'available soon'. Nokia will always be the best for usability and ergonomicity in my opinion.

So true! I tested the N70 on monday when it came out and what a hell of a phone it is! WOW
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheers guys, ok right the N70 it is. Are you sure its out now in the UK. Just i've looked around and everone still has it 'Coming Soon'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sc0ttish wrote:
    cheers guys, ok right the N70 it is. Are you sure its out now in the UK. Just i've looked around and everone still has it 'Coming Soon'

Yep its definatly out, well it is here in Birmingham. Carphone Warehouse, SIM Free £499.99, or o2 and voda contracts around the £100 mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it was the N70, i've been various mobile phone shops here in edinburgh and noone has it in. When i asked when it was coming out noone really could tell me a date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sc0ttish wrote:
    Are you sure it was the N70, i've been various mobile phone shops here in edinburgh and noone has it in. When i asked when it was coming out noone really could tell me a date.

definatly out here and london, but i do believe they are sold out. They are available in the internet aswell if you are confident is sales across invisible wires :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What online stores are selling them, i've had a look around and all i can find is the N90 not the N70
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    If I were you I would go for the Samsung D600 which is available online now - http://www.samsunglink.com/d600/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Sim free prices are varied most websites are quoting around £380-£390 but I found the best price so far at Car Phone Warehouse (£350), the sales man said the phones were in big demand and they expected to sell out by tomorrow. Which I guess is normal their price seems to be the lowest plus the phone is new and will probably be in demand for at least month or more.
  • AVTalkAVTalk Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    I have the D500 and now the D600. The D600 is a fantastic phone, the screen is amazingly high quality and just about everything about it improves on the D600 (better camera, dual speakers etc.)

However, the niggles that I had with the D500 are still present with the D600... non-personalisable SMS alert tones and slider tones plus the ones Samsung have included are actually worse than those on the D600. For a phone they're advertising as a business phone, they don't half choose some weird tones that they then restrict you to.

The TV Out function works a lot better than I'd expected, it is at least usable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    No voice dialing either, which is a must for a "Business Phone"