Options

PVR, with a slot for Top Up TV?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wanting to ask if anyone has one of the above (Sagem, Topfield etc) and what they thought of them.

I'm waiting to see what the Top Up reshuffle (?) brings before purchase. If it's not worth getting one with a slot, a Fusion 40Gb will be fine. But I just thought I'd ask to see what others think...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    What is the "etc" in your list above - it's only Topfield and Sagem isn't it?

(already long threads on both these where you can read LOTS about what owners think - I don't have a Topfield but if I were rich I would have!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Doesn't the imminent Humax 9200 have a TUTV slot?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humax 9200? Thanks for the tip off..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Except that the 9200 is still on the "vapouware" list. It was shown at IDC and launch is supposed to be "imminent" but it depends whether they are adhereing to the Fusion/Panasonic definition of "imminent" or not ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've emailed them, the website says end of September.

The £120 Fusion 40Gb box woudl be fine but I'd like to keep my options open. Don't want to go as expensive as the Topfield, not keen on the Sagem
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJL wrote:
    I don't have a Topfield but if I were rich I would have!)

How about suggesting to Alan that the fee for his next commercial should be used to buy Toppys for his hardworking employees?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rhubarbe,

Amstrad once gave me a biro for absolutely nothing but I think it was probably an administrative error. In 21 years working here I think that's the only time the "hardworking employees" were ever given anything! :(

Cliff
    (actually the BMW Z3 was nice too!)