Music From New Orange Advert

Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone tell me who the singer is in the new Orange advert - the ad is based around the power cuts in New York and there is a female singer with a really little girly voice in the background - can't work out if I like it or hate it :confused: but it is very distinctive and am curious who it is.

Comments

• gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vonnee wrote:
    Can someone tell me who the singer is in the new Orange advert - the ad is based around the power cuts in New York and there is a female singer with a really little girly voice in the background - can't work out if I like it or hate it :confused: but it is very distinctive and am curious who it is.

It's called 'Into The Blue' by Joanna Newsome. Available from iTunes for 75p. Also on her album 'The Milk-Eyed Mender'.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx for that, Gashead - never heard of her - will have to look her up on google :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Funnily enough I was just looking to see if someone had already started a thread on this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Does ayone actually know what this ad is all about, why would orange want you to turn off your phone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because about half of problems that people call technical support about can be resolved by rebooting the phone. Nobody ever turns their phone off these days, it's on 24/7 for most of us. If a few more people turned them off every once in a while there'd be less problems with them and less calls to customer service, saving orange a fortune in training new customer service staff to take the calls.
  • iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheers for posting both the Q&A - i was going to if i'd remembered - just saw it once, but really liked it too.

Iain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does ayone actually know what this ad is all about, why would orange want you to turn off your phone?

Anti-advertising!

Not a big surprise - it worked wonders for them before! Don't forget that their adverts never used to actually show a mobile phone & their new 'turn off your mobile in the cinema' ads are apparently very popular (although I want to kill everyone in sight the moment I see one - ho hum :rolleyes: )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the advert. I bought that CD ages ago, her voice is a very aquired taste, but I love it. I would recommend the track Bridges and Balloons. Gorgeous.
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Actually, could anybody tell me the name of the song in the vodafone advert?
    Sounds a bit like Cerys Matthews. The one about knowing what's going to happen.
  • RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know the music to the new barcardi one, the one with the slogan "there's no bad dancing"? Please :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try these places first folks (it's probably easier and more likely to get you the results you want):

http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk
    http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Adverts/
    Peter30 wrote:
    Actually, could anybody tell me the name of the song in the vodafone advert?
    Sounds a bit like Cerys Matthews. The one about knowing what's going to happen.

It's the T-Mobile advert and "Nouvelle Vague - I Melt With You"