PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very funny, but I hope he has a guest next week if it's still on :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really looking forward to this, but I quickly realised it was part of the set I saw him perform live at, well, the Hammersmith Apollo, in June.

Still hilarious, though his actual live set was much longer.
  • Options
    dodgy docdodgy doc Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    yes

its on next week
    with a guest comic
    who i forget the name

but thats because im half cut !

lol ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,786
    Forum Member
    Rob Brydon next week. Should be good.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Neil Hamilton didnt get a name check! He was sat behind John Caulshaw - didn't spot Christine but she never usually lets him out on his own...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said above, I saw this set live so it isn't too distressing that for some reason, my Sky+ failed and I didn't get to see it all.

I'd have liked to have seen the rest of it as it was reminding me of how funny it was the first time round, but it doesn't seem to be repeated, even on BBC Three. Does anyone know different?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if it's repeated??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was shit. All he talks about these days are his kids. That's so boring.

It was like being at work. 3 people around my desk at work are pregnant and all they're doing is quacking on all day about being up the spout. It's so boring and dull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kurtwild wrote:
    I thought it was shit. All he talks about these days are his kids. That's so boring.

It was like being at work. 3 people around my desk at work are pregnant and all they're doing is quacking on all day about being up the spout. It's so boring and dull.

I saw it live and the set was much longer; not focused on his kids at all. Anyway, I don't have kids and I still thought all the stuff about homework, about costumes for nursery school etc., was hilarious.

But: since my Sky+ failed and I only got to see the first few minutes, does anyone know if it's repeated??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problemwith it is he isnt on for long enough, the majority of the programme is his guest, with him filling in. I liked the repeats of shows from 1997 era (saw a date on a paper on the show) which was him and this guy called rich doing the 'other person' for sketches that required it. much better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    ^Rich Hall, I think. Was that Jack Dee's Sunday service? Where did you see it repeated?

Jack Dee's always talked about everyday mundane things and made them funny. Nothing new there. I thought the stuff about his kids was funny, even though I don't have kids - especially the stuff about him doing the homework and getting the spelling wrong!

I've been thinking Jack Dee's losing it thse past few years, but he's back on top form with this series.
  • Options
    GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight's one with Marcus Brigstocke? Very funny.
  • Options
    ajp62ajp62 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Rich Hall on now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ajp62 wrote:
    Rich Hall on now :D

He was pretty good too.

I just wish they would get rid of the horrible fake film effect. It would make it a lot easier to watch.
  • Options
    ajp62ajp62 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I like the txts comments that he reads out
    at the end :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...especially the one about the Essex girl and the washing machine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I could remember the anagram of the name of the show someone texted him with, something do with 'live poo'!

It was in the last series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta, all the evil poo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GaryB wrote:
    Anyone watching tonight's one with Marcus Brigstocke? Very funny.

Was he funnier than 'Keith Barret', which wouldn't be too difficult. It felt more like his show last week than Jack's. Rich Hall is brilliant. I've always like his appearences on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' too
  • Options
    OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Ayr wrote:
    Rich Hall is brilliant. I've always like his appearences on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' too

Also on "QI" ..... :D
  • Options
    pjb007pjb007 Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest why do they call it 'Jack Dee Live at the Apollo' when the majority of the show is a guest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjb007 wrote:
    Out of interest why do they call it 'Jack Dee Live at the Apollo' when the majority of the show is a guest?

I guess it must be to get the viewers in. "Marcus Brigstocke at the Apollo" probably wouldn't have has the same pulling power.
  • Options
    PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus some poor props bloke would have to re-arrange all the bulbs every week and this week he would have had to buy some more!
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Ayr wrote:
    Was he funnier than 'Keith Barret', which wouldn't be too difficult.

Last weeks was painful to watch, spontaneous quip at Jack and Jill, cringeworthy in the extreme. I hope Keith hasnt walked out of his day job.
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee mack has been the funniest guest so far I think. :)