The Official EPG Re-Shuffle Thread (merged)

alexiscool1000alexiscool1000 Posts: 564
Forum Member
✭✭
Post all your EPG re-shuffle news, here as it happens.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the rules of the competition.

The first person to rescan and find the reshuffle has appeared must do the following to become the winner of the DS reshuffle race:

They must post HERE and only HERE and provide a screenshot or get someone from the same transmitter to confirm for them.

If he/she succeeds he/she will get to gloat to 2 DS members of their choice. This must be done in this thread to avoid anger/confusion/getting banned from DS

If 2 or more members post at the same minute, the member on top of the other DS member(s) confirming the reshuffle has taken place has won.

No guests allowed.

Competition begins at 00:00:01 BST on Tuesday the 18th of October 2005 AD.

Good Luck

RH Freeview

Your LOCAL competition organiser

This competition has been provided by RH Freeview. Any queries may be answered by posting on the thread, emailing me on rickyhardy@uk24net.co.uk or send me a PM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, nice competition.

Always been happy since I got me capture card... now to hook my FV box up to it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I wish I wasn't at work tomorrow :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I love being off with flu :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rdhd1990 wrote:
    I love being off with flu :D
    hope you're not a bird :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Anyone for chicken fillets!

Being serious for a minute thanks for creating the thread, I just hope preople use it.
  • holsy1982holsy1982 Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted it in the other thread, but even if you're at work during the day, you may still have a chance as on the Radio2 website, it says the change will take place between 4 and 7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I agree with that point, and suggest that the competition rules are changed to the first one to re-scan after 1500 hours wins the competition.
  • holsy1982holsy1982 Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose it makes alot of difference to the rules, the game only really starts the second the new epg has began.
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Will the BBC Channels stil be the same as I an Timer Recording 2 programmes on the same channel. My BBC 1 IS 001 will it be the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WizUk wrote:
    Will the BBC Channels stil be the same as I an Timer Recording 2 programmes on the same channel. My BBC 1 IS 001 will it be the same.

It will indeed. See here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saccording to http://www.sbmedia.netfirms.com/freeview/index.htm there is no nedd to rescan till 5pm BST
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone know how the epg shuffles will effect those with the 4TV EPG?
  • hazzamonhazzamon Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    davidredge wrote:
    anyone know how the epg shuffles will effect those with the 4TV EPG?
    4TV will now be on 300. I do not know if this will negatively effect those particular boxes. They may search for the channel be name rather than LCN.

EDIT: If 4TV have allowed the LCN change to take place, then I presume your box should be ok with the change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Nothing so far at 5.10am but I have just seen the above post about the 5pm rescan. Seems a funny time of day to change the EPG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I cant get a screen shot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smjxm09 wrote:
    Nothing so far at 5.10am but I have just seen the above post about the 5pm rescan. Seems a funny time of day to change the EPG
    Let's hope it isn't delayed in the rush hour traffic :D

No change here yet :( i was worth a try :)
  • OtisOtis Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with any intelligence would simply wait for the on screen message equesting them to re-tune, as opposed to wasting acres of internet bandwidth whineing about it not happening ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Thread Closed due to double thread.

See 'The Official EPG reshuffle Thread'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barnet wrote:
    Here we hope to keep up to date with everything that is happening and make sure that everything isn't scattered around!

... and whats wrong with this thread? :confused:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=291680
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has it been done yet, coz my box aint changed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaybee24uk wrote:
    has it been done yet, coz my box aint changed?
    not thought to be carried out before 5pm, so probs won't notice any change til tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frantic re-scanning across the nation...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say according to my sources the data will not have propogated until around 4pm this afternoon and sometime after that the BBC (and other boradcasters) will provide information on their DTT datastreams and web sites.

I am told that it will be on digital cefax; the MHEG holder for BBC3/4 CBBC and CBeebies along with the BBC's website.

The data is expected to be deployed early afternoon but it will take over an hour to propogate across the DTT network - hence the view that it will be accessible between 4 and 5pm.

Of course the reality is it will be available eariler to those of you rescanning your boxes every few minutes and no doubt the first of you to spot the new numbering will be posting here seconds later. :)
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH isn't it exciting.

I have heard from some one that it isn't happening till at least 10 p.m. tonight, because those that have an interest in this things do not want to be in the middle of something when it happens and revealing this information has nothing to do with the fact I wish to stop every one else from entering the 'competition'

BTW can I use photoshop to fake a screen grab?

H77 off to start an Unofficial EPG reshuffle thread.....