Options

Problems with Chanel 5

2»

Comments

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Same here in Canterbury - from the Dover transmitter.

Started intermittently losing channel 5, now gone from one box altogether after a rescan, along with BBC4 - possibly others, but those are the 2 I noticed.

Both boxes Hitachi (Goodmans clones) on seperate roof ariels. Signal usually on max.

Guess I'll have to live without when celebrity pet wrestling goes bad for the time being!
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to come ok again with me about 10.30pm as I was getting ready for bed. So im hopping it will stay ok now.

Darren
  • Options
    chazcochazco Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Its bad in Sheffield as well. Normally ch5 is resonable to watch (apart from whats actually on), but now it takes almost 10 seconds to load, if it loads at all.
  • Options
    bluestrawbluestraw Posts: 2,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bigger problem here - I can't record anything on MuxA using my Media Center PC, as it takes so long to lock on that it gives up :( Who can we best complain to about this - Ch. 5, NTL, etc??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    All ok now missing channels are back

I noticed that the box (echostar t101) picked up sky 3 on retune but it doen't appear on the EPG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    o.k channel 5 and the ohers on that that multiplex seem to work ok now, but I still can't rescan 'the hits'/'tmf', etc. I never had good signal on them anyway (5/10, as opposed to 9/10 on the others).

Perhaps I need to wait on the wind changing direction!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Well- after 2 rescans my Panny can now find all the channels again although the Channel 5 signal is quality is shown as 4/10. My Digifusion however completely refuses to find channel 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Was affecting a Sagem and a Thomson box tuned to Sutton Coldfield via Larkstoke. Yet DigiTV has no problems.
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im in using Sandy Heath Transmitter. For my i get the usual signal streangth as i normally get when Channel 5 (and other channels on the mux works), and signal quality is "Very Good", At but when i scan channel "43" to store the channels (as i lost them with the retune for LCN changes) i get nothing. But i clearly have signal.

Why is this?
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have since lost QVC Active test since I got the CH5 Mux back.

Darren
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote:
    I have since lost QVC Active test since I got the CH5 Mux back.

Darren

QVC Active, is it testing (sorry, excuse my ignorance)
  • Options
    111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I'm also having a problem here with channel 5 with my JVC LCD IDTV locking onto channel 5 could take 5mins to do so, but i have a DAEWOO freeview VCR recorder and that finds channel 5 ok. :(