Options

Some BBCi (Freeview Version) Updates

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,475
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You may have noticed by the BBCi team have made a few changes to the Freeview service...

- Original 'More...' and '...Previous' buttons changed to 'more...' and '...previous'

- Horoscopes buttons are now '1 Line' size rather than '2 Line' size so less scrollig needed

- Film Reviews now on 'half page' panel rather than 'full page' panel so you can still see the TV picyures (+ minor text colour changes)

- Regional Sport now on 'half page' panel like 'UK Regions' (which i think should really be called 'Regional News' to be consistant)

- On the News Index the button linking to the multiscreen is now called 'Latest News' instead of 'News Multiscreen' like everywhere else on the service (are they hoping people wont realise slecting it takes them off the main service into the multiscreen application by doing this?)

- Help Section has now changed back to being blue rather than grey and red, exept they forgot to change the 'Welcome to BBCi' graphic back to blue so its still in grey!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You missed the fact that 701 and 702 screens now say 301 and 302 ;)
  • Options
    paul_mpaul_m Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got caught out by the news multiscreen button changing text! its a bit pathetic that they have to mislead people into going into it. if people dont want to use the multiscreens, why trick them into going into it?!
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mabye they're not allowed to use 'news multiscreens' because there's only 2 screens! Well you never know! :D
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    The off-air MHEGs have been updated to advise of the channel change - there is a new page in BBCi Help explaining this.
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a better name for the multiscreen would be

BBC News Dual Screen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may have noticed by the BBCi team have made a few changes to the Freeview service...

- Original 'More...' and '...Previous' buttons changed to 'more...' and '...previous'

- Horoscopes buttons are now '1 Line' size rather than '2 Line' size so less scrollig needed

- Film Reviews now on 'half page' panel rather than 'full page' panel so you can still see the TV picyures (+ minor text colour changes)

- Regional Sport now on 'half page' panel like 'UK Regions' (which i think should really be called 'Regional News' to be consistant)

- On the News Index the button linking to the multiscreen is now called 'Latest News' instead of 'News Multiscreen' like everywhere else on the service (are they hoping people wont realise slecting it takes them off the main service into the multiscreen application by doing this?)

- Help Section has now changed back to being blue rather than grey and red, exept they forgot to change the 'Welcome to BBCi' graphic back to blue so its still in grey!

Mine still says 'news multiscreens' on BBC ONE main menu??? :confused:
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bodderz wrote:
    same here!
    When i said "On the News Index the button linking to the multiscreen is now called 'Latest News' instead of 'News Multiscreen' like everywhere else on the service" I'm saying the wording has changed on the index unlike elsewhere on the service where the old wording remains, sorry for confusion!
  • Options
    comicsansserifcomicsansserif Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i said "On the News Index the button linking to the multiscreen is now called 'Latest News' instead of 'News Multiscreen'
    It was like that yesterday because I chose it the option thinking it would be the written news headlines and wondered what was happening when it changed channel.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    - Help Section has now changed back to being blue rather than grey and red,

I find white on light blue very difficult to read. Teletext use it even more, notable on the TV guide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    bodderz wrote:
    a better name for the multiscreen would be

BBC News Dual Screen

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    We should petition the beeb about this News Multiscreen link, it's ridiculous.

The thing I want most from the text service is the news. After pressing the "Text" button on my remote I should get an option to go to the News menu. But no such option exists. I have to type 102 to get to it.

The whole point of text is being able to carry on watching a program while reading it, not to take me off to a completely different channel.

Is there anywher on the BBC's website where we can complain about this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another change, movie reviews has disappeared, yet another decrease in content on BBCi Freeview.

When they removed other parts like 'TV Pick of the Day' and 'Soaps Update' they blamed Ceefax for stopping producing these sections, they cant use that excuse this time as Ceefax still has movie reviews plus music reviews plus game reviews (none of those BBCi either!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Movies is probably just a glitch - the London Bus information has a tendancy to disappear every now and then, but it always comes back.