E4 no longer works on my Pioneer box

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
Forum Member
✭✭
...it now just switches my box into standby! If I turn subtitles on then select E4 it works. I have rescanned my box.

What's going on? Anyone else with this problem? I hope it gets solved soon!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    It seems to be freaking out my Sagem PVR too. Selecting it and then pressing "info" (for "now and next") reboots the box.

E4+1 seems stable though.

I've a feeling it's got something to do with a new MHEG on E4 prompting people to do a rescan for the EPG shuffle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its weird, same happening here, hope they fix it quick i want to watch it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Similar thing here,
    however E4 works fine until you try to change channels then you just get a blank screen - still sound though.
    Jay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just phoned C4 and the operator tells me that they are already aware of the problem. I hope this means that a fix is underway.

Call them on 020 7306 8333 to let them know what a priority this is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    It is happening with my sagem 58 too, but only on BBC channels. It freezes, the epg stays on, then the box switches off for a couple of seconds.

aaarrghhh :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    My Pioneer DBR-TF100GB does the same. Change to channel 14 (E4) and get pixelation, picture freeze, then the box switches off. :(
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E4 is rebooting my Sagem PVR too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When e 4 switches our boxes into standby (sagem), is that doing a re boot , and at same time, downloading over air info, if you understand what i am trying to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem now seems to be sorted for the Pioneer boxes. What about you Sagem folks?

Addendum: No it hasn't. For a brief period of a few mins I could switch to E4 and get the MHEG pop up messahe and no probs. Now it's doing the same again.

Looks like they might be fiddling with it, but the wire's still loose...
    Forum Member
    The strange thing is that my old OnDigital Pioneer box is quite happy with the new E4. It is just the new freeview one that has the problem.
    Forum Member
    Have reported the problem to Pioneer via thier website.

http://pioneer-customerrelations.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pioneer.cfg/php/enduser/home.php

Might be an idea for other Pioneer owners to report the problem too.

Edit: The freeview STB is classed as a multimedia category/product by Pioneer so that is where to search. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my friends have got 2 pioneer boxes and I have a sagem itd60 and e4 is rebooting that
  • alan.walan.w Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My humax 8000T is doing the same E4 is a problem :(
    Forum Member
    BongMong wrote:
    Problem now seems to be sorted for the Pioneer boxes. What about you Sagem folks?

Addendum: No it hasn't. For a brief period of a few mins I could switch to E4 and get the MHEG pop up messahe and no probs. Now it's doing the same again.

Looks like they might be fiddling with it, but the wire's still loose...

Same here. Once in a blue moon, E4 actually works but most of the time it just puts the Pioneer into Standby. Luckily E4+1 is unaffected and they seem to have got the stretchovision widescreen problem sorted out.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Explains why after 5 seconds my box was resetting itself too then (sagem that 1 with the 80GB HD)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OnNewie wrote:
    Have reported the problem to Pioneer via thier website.

http://pioneer-customerrelations.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pioneer.cfg/php/enduser/home.php

Might be an idea for other Pioneer owners to report the problem too.

Edit: The freeview STB is classed as a multimedia category/product by Pioneer so that is where to search. :confused:

Done. Also, report the problem to Channel 4 by calling 020 7306 8333.
  • Simon6776Simon6776 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Pioneer is also doing this with E4. I have reported the fault on the link above. Hope they fix this soon.
  • jamiec21jamiec21 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    This Pioneer box is starting to get on my nerves now. If it's not this, it's the frame rate problems on most of the SDN channels (Five, QVC etc and on M&M, the Sky channels). Does any other Pioneer owner have the same problems, I'm wondering if it's just my box which is faulty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frame rate problems? What do you mean? This E4 thing is the first time I've had an issue with my Pioneer DBR-TF100GB, and that seems to affect a few other makes too so it may be an E4 problem rather than a box problem.

What's this frame rate problem then?
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm getting the same problem - E4 switches the box off. However, if you're quick enough you can maintain a reduced picture with the now/next programme guide on the screen. Annoying thing is when I got back the last thing I thought would be causing the problem was one channel switching the box off. Instead I spent ages fiddling with the cables and socket.
  • jamiec21jamiec21 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    BongMong wrote:
    Frame rate problems? What do you mean? This E4 thing is the first time I've had an issue with my Pioneer DBR-TF100GB, and that seems to affect a few other makes too so it may be an E4 problem rather than a box problem.

What's this frame rate problem then?

It's hard to explain. It's especially apparent on five and on QVC, if you're watching on 4:3 TV and the Pioneer is set to letterbox. When the movement on screen is minimal (say when there's a short-paced pass along the ground in a football match for example), the smoothness, the frame rate judders for a short while (1 or 2 seconds). It's amazingly irritating. But this doesn't happen if you change the setting to Centre Cut or Wide. I haven't got a clue why. But I've seen the same thing on Men & Motors and Sky News to name but 2 channels, even when they are broadcasting in 4:3.

It must be a problem with my box as I seem to be the only person who's noticed it, I've not seen anything about it on this forum and I've had the problem for months now. I did get in contact with Pioneer support a couple of months back but they hadn't a clue what I was on about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    jamiec21 wrote:
    It must be a problem with my box as I seem to be the only person who's noticed it, I've not seen anything about it on this forum and I've had the problem for months now. I did get in contact with Pioneer support a couple of months back but they hadn't a clue what I was on about.

It's not your box - I see the same thing on my Sagem box. I'm on QVC now; when the presenter moves her hands she looks like she is about to be teleported. Getting rid of letterboxing cures the problem. I think this is more down to how the picture is being interlaced.

E4 also turns my box off as soon as the MHEG is meant to appear.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do Freeview boxes act strangely?My experience was every morning I turn main on to switch power.The box fails to turn on.Next i take box out and plug it in to another plug socket.It works/Is this weird or a simple explanation?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Glad to see I'm not alone - since last night my Pio box also switches itself off within a few seconds of selecting E4. Not had any other problems with the Pio box until now. Did a full rescan this morning and was surprised by the channel number changes (but found the explanation on another thread), but the box still won't let me watch E4. As others have said, I reckon the problem lies with E4 rather than the STB, since other brand boxes are evidently having the same problem. I'll phone C4 in a bit.
    Forum Member
    Got this from Pioneer customer support..

Pioneer is aware of a problem with the both our Freview box, model number DBR-TF100GB, and our domestic plasma systems that are supplied with integrated Freview tuners, model numbers PDP-435XDE, PDP-505XDE, PDP-436XDE and PDP-506XDE.

We are currently investigating the problem that has started following the recent changes made in the Freview channels that are being broadcast, we hope to have a solution to this problem shortly.

Until a solution is found we recommend against the viewing of this channel, If you do try to view the channel your Freview box will turn off or the plasma TV will lock up, you can solve this lock up by turning the affected unit off, waiting a few seconds and then powering the unit up.