Options

Humax PVR9200T & Programmable Remotes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
Hi.

I have 2 programmable remote controls - the Harmony 885 and the Universal MX-700.

I programmed both of these for the Humax PVR9200T (via 'learned' commands) and each time I press a button, it sends the command multiple times.

It only happens with this device - the rest of my AV system works fine with these R/Cs. Anyone else have this problem? Also, does anyone know how to fix it?

:(

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I had a similar problem with a Harmony 688. I found a setting somewhere (answering the questions about the device not responding) and eventually found a set of options to do with timing. The default value was 3, lowered it to 2 and got an improvement, then to 1 and all is ok.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll retrace my steps and try and explain how I got there (assuming the 688 is similar enough to your handsets).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I've got a Harmony 885 and have exactly the same problem in that it sends (or the Humax responds) multiple times. When I set it up last night I did see an option to fix the issue on the Harmony website but didn't know I'd got the problem until later....now I can't find it again so for now I'm using the original remote until I can fix it. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    OK, here goes:

If not already there, get to you home page.

In the Devices Column, select the PVR's "Troubleshoot" option

"What problem are you having ..." select "Show me more problems"

Select "PVR doesn't appear to receive ..."

Select "The device responds too much ..."

Hopefully now at a page with 6 numbered options, probably Value 3 selected. I tried 2, but have ended up with a value of 1, which seems to work.

Good luck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (Sorry, been out all day)

Thanks for the info, but I had already tried that (even down to zero!).
    Also went through an identical process using the RAW learning mode. Exactly the same.

I have sent an email to logitech (Harmony) to see if they can update their database ASAP with the real 9200T codes.

Your help is much appreciated anyway! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I'm interested in getting an all in one remote control. Anyone have any sugestions on what type to get and it will have to operate the 9200T.
    Any pointers will be helpful.
    Thanks
  • Options
    monty77monty77 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I've just bought a Harmony 525 and I can't get it to control the 9200 at all ... doesn't respond even when I've set it using learning mode.

Adam
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I had the same issue with my Pace 210 box (and yes i have it with the 9200) and my 665 . After a quick chat with the Harmony Support it was all sorted, they can it seems adjust the remote timeings at a more granular level than you can via the website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    ukrad wrote:
    I'm interested in getting an all in one remote control. Anyone have any sugestions on what type to get and it will have to operate the 9200T.
    Any pointers will be helpful.
    Thanks

Hi. I have one of these, and although there are no specific downloads for the 9200 from One for All yet the learning function works fine, and I use my Kameleon to control the 9200 without ant problems. :)
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this thread has drifted around a bit but can I confirm that no-one yet has a OFA code that even partially works for the 9200?

I have a OFA 6 and I started learning the remote last night but it runs out of space for learned keys too quickly. I had to leave out most of the number keys in order to get the basic menu and transport control ones in. A partial code would help here, anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I have noticed that the remote control is very similar to the Humax LCD/PVR (spotted on QVC). Though there is no code for this television available for the Kameleon.
    Perhaps this might help anybody with a different manufacturers remote?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    andyhurley wrote:
    I think this thread has drifted around a bit but can I confirm that no-one yet has a OFA code that even partially works for the 9200?

I have a OFA 6 and I started learning the remote last night but it runs out of space for learned keys too quickly. I had to leave out most of the number keys in order to get the basic menu and transport control ones in. A partial code would help here, anyone?
    The OFA remotes are JP1 upgradeable, ie you can program the remote from your PC via an interface. see http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/. That's the only way I could get my OFA6 to control my Digital cable box and DVD and AV amp as well as TV and VCR.
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldaweb wrote:
    The OFA remotes are JP1 upgradeable, ie you can program the remote from your PC via an interface. see http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/. That's the only way I could get my OFA6 to control my Digital cable box and DVD and AV amp as well as TV and VCR.

Yes, but you have to have the codes to programme it with and that is stumping me at the moment. I have a JP1 interface but...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    andyhurley wrote:

I wish I'd have known this before I ordered one - My battered old Cambridge Audio doesn't have a learning limit (not one I've reached anyway) - Having looked closer at the manual I see it can only "learn" 30 commands, which bearing in mind the Humax remote has over 50 buttons and neither my amp or CD player are supported brands, isn't going to be nearly enough

Bugger

Regards

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Got this reply from ofa a few days ago. Not tried it yet though - this is aimed at a ofa6 kameleon - not sure if the codes are valid for other models. Sorry about the formatting of the codes - it was tabulted in the email I was sent.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.
    To program the required functions onto your One For All, please use the following procedure:
    1. Press the relevant device key
    2. Hold the Magic key until the rabbit pops out and the IR indicator blinks once and then twice
    3. Enter code 994 (the IR indicator will blink twice)
    4. Press Magic once and let go
    5. Enter the code for the required function (please see bellow)
    6. Press the One For All key you wish to assign the function to
    7. The rabbit will disappear, the IR indicator will blink twice, and the key should now function.

Your functions code are:

690 F Record 639 Display 516 Program/Check
    440 Search Forwa 486 Dubbing 323 Quick Replay
    692 Search Rever 435 DVD 565 Record
    387 Subtitle On/ 447 Enter 617 Record Mode
    577 -/-- 420 Erase 293 Repeat A-B
    577 >10 690 Flex Record 572 Repeat Mode
    505 0 308 Frame Forward 449 Return
    629 1 568 Frame Reverse 440 Search Forward
    264 100 618 Functions 692 Search Reverse
    377 2 717 Group 447 Select
    375 3 687 HDD 636 Setup
    635 4 680 Headphone VSS 522 ShowView
    372 5 357 Input Select 522 Showview/VCR+
    632 6 678 Last Marker 551 Skip Forward
    630 7 548 Manual Skip 553 Skip Reverse
    378 8 318 Marker 438 Slow
    245 9 485 Marker 698 Slow Down
    636 Action 318 Memory 440 Slow Forward
    406 Add/Delete 701 Menu 692 Slow Reverse
    381 Angle 702 Menu Down 314 Slow Up
    411 Audio 450 Menu Left 636 Source
    465 Audio Only 317 Menu Right 234 Status
    252 AV Link 704 Menu Up 438 Still
    707 Cancel 639 On Screen 437 Stop
    593 CD Remaster 697 Open/Close 641 Subtitle
    408 Channel Down 720 Page 387 Subtitle On/Off
    450 Channel Down 438 Pause 299 Time Slip
    660 Channel Up 311 Pause 261 Timer Record
    704 Channel Up 311 Play 515 Title
    516 Check 320 Play Mode 515 Top Menu
    429 Cinema 311 Play/Pause 618 Top Window
    707 Clear 701 Playlist 510 V.S.S.
    548 Commerical Skip 678 Position Memory 522 VCR Plus+
    429 Digital Pic Mode 536 Power 510 Virtual Surround
    515 Direct Navigator 282 Power Off 702 Volume Down
    233 Direct TV Record 534 Power On 317 Volume Up
    288 Disc Skip 516 Program 689 Zoom

NB The device keys and Magic cannot be programmed.

If you have programmed a function on a key per accident and you wish to restore the original function, please use the following procedure:

1. Press the relevant device key
    2. Hold the Magic key until the rabbit pops out and the IR indicator blinks once and then twice
    3. Enter code 994 (the IR indicator will blink twice)
    4. Press twice the One For All key you wish to reset
    5. The rabbit will disappear, the IR indicator will blink twice, and the key should now function.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Ms. Ilse Davidson

Customer Services Europe

Please include original message when replying as this will assist us in processing your query faster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    andyhurley wrote:
    Yes, but you have to have the codes to programme it with and that is stumping me at the moment. I have a JP1 interface but...
    You should be able to determine the protocol and codes of the keys already learned and enter those into KM or RM. You may have to learn and read the codes several times to get all the buttons but once done they should all be able to be written back. I've had to do this for a couple of pieces of equipment in the past.
    Or you may be lucky and the codes posted by tonycollinet may work. I'm still trying to make up my mind between the 9200 and a DVDR and a Sony RDRHXD710 so can't test these out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I have a Logitech 885 and it was also moving the screen cursors twice rather than once and jumping two channels if I wanted to move it once. I followed the procedure illustrated by Panman above and dropped the repetion rate of the remote from 3 to 1 and now it works great. So thanks for you assistance :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got this reply from ofa a few days ago. Not tried it yet though ....

I tried a few of these codes last night and couldn't get them to work - any one else tried?

Regards

David Birtles
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    From the FAQ on the Humax website:
    Q. What is the manufacturer's code for my universal remote control?
    A. Unfortunately we do not support the code at present but we will support it for some terrestrial model like CX-1201T and F2-1001T.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got this reply from ofa a few days ago. Not tried it yet though - this is aimed at a ofa6 kameleon -.

It suddenly dawned on me that this is probably the instructions for the original Kameleon 6 rather than the 2nd generation which uses 5 digit codes istead of 3?

Back to square 1

Regards

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David B wrote:
    It suddenly dawned on me that this is probably the instructions for the original Kameleon 6 rather than the 2nd generation which uses 5 digit codes istead of 3?

Back to square 1

Regards

David
    Hi David I have successfully taught a Philips SBC RU865 all the buttons and features of the Humax remote and it works fine. i.e Does not have Humax repeating etc. You could buy this remote in Argos, but they don't sell it any more so I don't know where you might get one from. Where it scores over any OFA remotes is it has a very large memory, so you can learn it lots of buttons. ( Because there is no code for the 9200T, have even had to learn it Power ON/ Power OFF!)As an aside, I have used this remote for a long time, and think that it is one of the best. OFA new Kameleon I don't like as they have put the direction buttons on same button as okay instruction, and it makes it awkward to use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    RickK wrote:
    I have a Logitech 885 and it was also moving the screen cursors twice rather than once and jumping two channels if I wanted to move it once. I followed the procedure illustrated by Panman above and dropped the repetion rate of the remote from 3 to 1 and now it works great. So thanks for you assistance :)

Would you recommend the 885 then?

I've been trying to decide on a universal remote, and really like the look of this model if it works ok with the Hummy 9200.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    UPDATE for Harmony/Logitech 885 Remote Control

I received an email from CS at Logitech yesterday informing me that they have reprogrammed my setup for the 885 and the 9200 codes are now there.

I don't know if this means they have updated their database (so you can just simply choose the Humax 9200t from their menu), but I suspect this is so - I'm sure they haven't done it just for me!! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    multiply wrote:
    UPDATE for Harmony/Logitech 885 Remote Control

I received an email from CS at Logitech yesterday informing me that they have reprogrammed my setup for the 885 and the 9200 codes are now there.

I don't know if this means they have updated their database (so you can just simply choose the Humax 9200t from their menu), but I suspect this is so - I'm sure they haven't done it just for me!! ;)

That sounds like good news and great response from Logitech - makes me much more confident of the 885 now. Something about the Kameleon just doesn't feel as good from reading specs and reviews
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Response from One For All recieved this afternoon. I haven't yet bought the OFA Kameleon so can't send off my remote but those of you that do have an OFA might want to assist in the creation of the OFA code.

Ted.

Dear mr. Bailey,

Thank you for your e mail
    If the correct model number is PVR9200T, then I am afraid that unfortunately, a code is not available for your device yet. This means that the infrared signal of the remote for your particular model has not yet been read in order to create a One For All code. However your URC8206 can learn, so please try to copy the original remote control's functions onto the One For All. If you succeed in copying the functions would you like to assist in the creation of a new code by sending your original remote control to One For All (only if it is still working)?
    It will be sent to the technical support team who will read the frequency in order to convert it into a One For All code. This procedure may take six weeks or longer. If you would like to help, please send the remote to the address below with a cover letter including:

1. Your name, full postal address and daytime telephone number
    2. The URC number of your One For All Handset
    3. All the basic codes that you currently have programmed into the One For all
    4. The make and model number of the device that we do not yet have the code
    for
    5. A copy of the instruction manual for this device (preferably in English)
    6. If you cannot send the manual, please include an image of the original remote
    with a list of key descriptions

One For All UK Ltd.
    P. O. Box 5363
    Northampton
    NN4 7ZF

Please note in your letter that the remote must be forwarded to Holland, for
    Marleen Walhof's attention.

Your correspondence will be put on file regardless of whether you send your remote or not. When the new code becomes available you will be contacted.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Kind Regards,

Ms. Michal Barnea
    Customer Service Europe

When replying to us, please include past correspondence, as this
    will assist us in processing your query faster.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought an 885 and it coped with the 9200 without issue when I was doing the initial setup. I had the multiple key thingy though and have reprogrammed as the site suggested. I haven't tried it yet.

The only issue I have, which I haven't tried sorting out yet, was that it assumes everything is in standby. My 9200 is on all the time (as recommended here) so that gets switched off! Also, the TV and amp are off properly so get switched on before I settle down so I assume that it will all be switched off again when I hit the 'watch pvr' button.

Sorry, I know this is slightly off-topic, but if any 885 owner can help I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and I have now bought both the 9200 and the 885 purely on the discussions on this site. Please don't start talking about anything 'really' expensive as I can't afford it. :)