I put back who the aup are you and this is Chris bf

And then i got a message back saying wrong number

But its to much of a coincidence that my gf uses my phone to text as i got
free text and she works in a shop.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Why would your girlfriend give ypur number to someone she was cheating with?? :confused:
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you should also keep in mind that this is a prank doing the rounds and probably is a wind up. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Sorry if your right mate, ask your girlfriend outright tell her exactly about the message. But the other 2 might be right it might be a wind up of course.
  • Options
    Cloud StrifeCloud Strife Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would your girlfriend give ypur number to someone she was cheating with?? :confused:

Because she uses my phone to text sometimes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she uses my phone to text sometimes

Still hon it would be really stupid of her to give the number to someone she is having a fling with. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But its a coincidence that she works in a shop and my gf is called chris.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm. It sounds a bit suspect. Did you have any suspicions before you got the text?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm. It sounds a bit suspect. Did you have any suspicions before you got the text?

None at all
  • Options
    davey_do_littledavey_do_little Posts: 5,365
    Forum Member
    If she did give out your number, I don't want to be mean here, and I don't know how close you are, but maybe she is trying to tell you something?
  • Options
    FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you have any reason to worry. It probably was a wrong number or a wind up. Even if it wasn't I'm sure there is a perfectly innocent explaination. I discovered my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me when I found a series of messages that left me in no doubt what was going on, and I can tell you, they were very explicit. I really think you should talk to her about it though. See for yourself her reaction.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Buy a cheap PAYG moby & text your GF with a similar message, see what the reply is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But its a coincidence that she works in a shop and my gf is called chris.

Alright, I'm going to give you that I agree it is a coincidence. I think you should show her the text and ask her if she knows anything about it. You are well within your rights, it's your phone after all and it's best to confront her and get it out in the open as soon as possible.

It's a horrible feeling though I know. (((Cloud Strife)))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she did give out your number, I don't want to be mean here, and I don't know how close you are, but maybe she is trying to tell you something?

Either that or she is really lacking in common sense. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ask her about it. Not knowing and is far worse thinking the worst. Confront her as soon as you can. If she has been cheating, the sooner you can decide what you're next move is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote:
    Alright, I'm going to give you that I agree it is a coincidence. I think you should show her the text and ask her if she knows anything about it. You are well within your rights, it's your phone after all and it's best to confront her and get it out in the open as soon as possible.

It's a horrible feeling though I know. (((Cloud Strife)))

She says she has no idea at all who it is
  • Options
    davey_do_littledavey_do_little Posts: 5,365
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote:
    Either that or she is really lacking in common sense. :o

Mind you, I have had the terrible embarrassment of texting my parents before by mistake :eek: I put it down to a sticky joystick thingy on my phone, oh and quite a few beers :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FordCapri wrote:
    I don't think you have any reason to worry. It probably was a wrong number or a wind up. Even if it wasn't I'm sure there is a perfectly innocent explaination. I discovered my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me when I found a series of messages that left me in no doubt what was going on, and I can tell you, they were very explicit. I really think you should talk to her about it though. See for yourself her reaction.

If you look at the facts, it's quite a coincidence for a wrong number.

Could be a wind-up from someone who knows the poster - not very nice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe the lunchtime fun he referred to was something innocent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it will not be very nice when i find out who it is
  • Options
    Forum Member

did she seem suprised when you asked her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suprised and confused
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cloud Strife, I'm giving you advice here laden with years of experience having been around the block and back again quite a few times. I would give her the benefit of the doubt and try my hardest to forget about it. If it happens a second time, I would terminate the relationship. Good luck, you're a nice guy and you deserve a good relationship. :)
  • Options
    GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FordCapri wrote:
    I don't think you have any reason to worry. It probably was a wrong number or a wind up.
    Sounds like the sort of wind up a mate would do (borrow someone elses phone and pretent to to be cheating with the GF).
    If she was seeing someone else she woulds make it pretty clear "DO NOT TEXT BACK ON THIS NUMBER". And if she used your phone check you phone bill to see if this number has ever been called or texted before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen wrote:
    Sounds like the sort of wind up a mate would do (borrow someone elses phone and pretent to to be cheating with the GF).
    If she was seeing someone else she woulds make it pretty clear "DO NOT TEXT BACK ON THIS NUMBER". And if she used your phone check you phone bill to see if this number has ever been called or texted before.

Its PAYG and thanks PamelaL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Suprised and confused

Maybe it is a coincidence, wind up, from a mate or something. Maybe just a silly chat she had with somebody. Perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt. If you breakup with her and find out it's not true and you love her you'll end up hating yourself.