Options

Time Still set at BST

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Well now we have a new sub-forum let us use it.

Did not change time as I had hoped it would.

If you want to change manually.

Menu
Prefrerences
Time setting
GMT Offset...Scroll to GMT and press OK

Don't worry fellow 9200 users, e-mail already drafted.

(Digifusion FVRT 200 has not changed either, Panny needed to be switched on/off))

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Same with the 8000T. This is the first time it hasn't changed over automatically for me (GMT Offset set to Auto) so I'm leaving it a while to see if it picks up the correct time later on.

Bob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:

Menu
    Prefrerences
    Time setting

(Digifusion FVRT 200 has not changed either)

Mine too it must be a general problem as always thanks Barry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also being reported here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    CEEFAX BBC is still transmitting the old time, perhaps this may have an effect on the Humax updates?/// so is this forum!
    :confused:
  • Options
    rfwrfw Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a bit odd. My Pioneer, Pace OnDigital and Pace Twin boxes have picked up GMT: my Humax and Grundig boxes haven't.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both my Freeview boxes changed them selfs back an hour this morning but my JVC VCR in the living room never changed its time like it should do.

Darren
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry wrote:

Menu
    Prefrerences
    Time setting

(Digifusion FVRT 200 has not changed either, Panny needed to be switched on/off))
    Scroll to GMT 00:00 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Seems to be a bit of a problem with the times on most of my electricals, 2 vcrs a dvd recorder and the digifusion havnt had there times change. Also ceefax/teletext times are still on bst.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bampsam wrote:
    Scroll to GMT 00:00 :)

Do ya know I could have swore blind it said just GMT :)

Anyway to save anyone else trying a reset to default settings does not help, and other makes and models are also experiencing the problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    This is clearly a problem with the transmitted signal. Like others have reported, my trusty VCR and Nokia digibox (which have never failed to change automatically) have both failed to re-set this year.

I've re-set them all manually and it'll be no problem for me as I've not got any recordings scheduled. I wouldn't be so happy if I had though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    My F2 FOX T 'forgot' to change as well this time round. It always behaved properly in the past so could it be a transmission glitch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?s=6bc4eb08431b3987fc46450ad71 f2279&t=296837 suggests that the BBC are aware of the problem.

Bob
  • Options
    rich_jtgrich_jtg Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Changed my 9200 to GMT 0.00, but all the timed recordings are wrong now though. :(

Bizarrely, even one of my radio control clocks that update automatically hasn't moved either... yet two different ones have!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I change the time manually, what will happen when the BBC fix the problem and send a signal?
  • Options
    shrekshrek Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ahave same problems its driving me crazy, set for auto GMT and it wont change I tried various channels and teletext hoping it will read the time of that no such luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Just wait, dont do anything, the fault will fix itself.
    Everyone is in the same boat, even old videos.
  • Options
    youngbazyoungbaz Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I'm just going to leave my 9200 as it is on the assumption that it is a transmission glitch - after all, all the times on the EPG are showing one hour later than the printed media timings, so my PVR clock and the EPG clock are thinking the same thing at present.
    FWIW I too have a VCR (Panny) that is set for auto timing and hasn't yet changed, and a radio-controlled clock (from Daventry I believe) that has changed. :(
  • Options
    Captain CodCaptain Cod Posts: 2,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoon261 wrote:
    Just wait, dont do anything, the fault will fix itself...

...on the last Sunday of March 2006!!!!

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    ...on the last Sunday of March 2006!!!!

:D

I expect the Humaxs clock will be corrected automatically on monday.

I forgot that not all video recorders set their time automatically by the anologue broadcast clock. Mine do and they have not updated yet = never had this problem before.
    Had these videos for meny, meny years.
  • Options
    willsonlinewillsonline Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a HUMAX pvr8000t, the time has stayed on BST, and has not changed....
    ....It was set on 'GMT Auto' but still did nt change automatically, i have now changed it to GMT 00:00.

It gives the right time but is it the right setting to have it on?

Cheers
    WILL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    There is already a thread for this Will...
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,681
    Forum Member
    spoon261 wrote:
    Just wait, dont do anything, the fault will fix itself.
    Everyone is in the same boat, even old videos.
    Not very helpful advice, if you have a scheduled recording coming up. I have changed all my boxes manually and I will try back on auto tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    youngbaz wrote:
    I'm just going to leave my 9200 as it is on the assumption that it is a transmission glitch - after all, all the times on the EPG are showing one hour later than the printed media timings, so my PVR clock and the EPG clock are thinking the same thing at present.
    If the 9200T is like the 8000T then the times in the recording schedule will not match though. If you have any recordings coming up today then change the time display to GMT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a HUMAX pvr8000t, the time has stayed on BST, and has not changed....
    ....It was set on 'GMT Auto' but still did nt change automatically, i have now changed it to GMT 00:00.
    Yes. And you have until next Spring to think about switiching back to Auto. Hopefully the BBC will have fixed the problem at their end by then :)

You should double check your recording schedule to make sure the start/end times are still correct. Any set up from the EPG while the box was on BST will be an hour out. Delete and reselect.
  • Options
    JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Neither my Pioneer DVD recorder, 8000 nor 9200 changed the clock this morning. I forced the Pioneer to change as there is an option to select which channel it gets time from, instantly OK from ITV. I subsequently set both Humaxs to GMT manually.

After having done that I noted a difference in the way they handled preset recordings. The 8000's programmes were all set to record at the correct time, so had taken the time change into account. But not the 9200's where all the programmes were still set to the equivalent summer time settings, ie all an hour late.

It's odd that something that worked fine on the old box has been incorrectly programmed on the new box. One would expect the boxes to use the same code for the same function, if it wasn't broken, why fix it?