Late Show With David Letterman.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
Forum Member
here it is then!,an ongoing thread where fans of "Dave" can discuss the previous night show, ENJOY :)...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Mark

This is the Late Shows web addy

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

for those who don't already have it, they can sign up there for a weekly newsletter, from the show, it has loads of nfo, comps and downloads. Plus a chance to re-run some of Dave's monologues and other little goodies;)

According to the listings on ITV, the show tomorrow (ITV4 Launch night, 1st Nov) is the one that is going out on CBS tonight Monday, October 31 (Below is the guest lists from the site for this week, N.B. ITV4 appears to be doing the same as ITV2, and broadcasting a day later, so Mondays CBS Show is on Tuesday on ITV4 and so on).

Monday, October 31(Tues ITV4)
    (Original Air Date: 10/11/05)
    Woody Harrelson
    Fiona Apple

Tuesday, November 1 (Wed ITV4)
    (Original Air Date: 9/19/05)
    Martha Stewart
    Gretchen Wilson

Wednesday, November 2 (Thurs ITV4)
    (Original Air Date: 10/10/05)
    Orlando Bloom
    Alicia Keyes

Thursday, November 3 (Fri ITV4)
    Bruce Willis
    Santana and Anthony Hamilton

Friday, November 4(Mon ITV4)
    Billy Crystal
    Ryan Adams (CD, "Elizabethtown" soundtrack)

Clyderider
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who thinks dave is hot????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secrets wrote:
    Who thinks dave is hot????

Is that a subjective or objective question?

Nowt like answering a question with a question:cool:

Clyderider
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClydeRider wrote:
    Is that a subjective or objective question?

Nowt like answering a question with a question:cool:

Clyderider

I asked if anyone else found him hot? Its a yes or a no question. I can't be the only one.
  • ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be great to see dave back on are screens tonight, i have missed his show LOADS since it went off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, it was great to see Dave again and in glorious widescre... what's that? ... it wasn't? Oh well. :(

Stupid ITV, or maybe stupid CBS, who knows? I had been looking forward to seeing Dave again, but I have to admit, now that he's finally back, it was sort of anti-climactic. Maybe it just wasn't a very good show, or maybe Dave and I have grown apart in the months he's been away, or maybe I just really, really wanted him to be in widescreen. I hope Larry Sanders lives up to my expectations tomorrow.
  • 10bii10bii Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Oh man, it was great to see Dave again and in glorious widescre... what's that? ... it wasn't? Oh well. :(

Stupid ITV, or maybe stupid CBS, who knows? I had been looking forward to seeing Dave again, but I have to admit, now that he's finally back, it was sort of anti-climactic. Maybe it just wasn't a very good show, or maybe Dave and I have grown apart in the months he's been away, or maybe I just really, really wanted him to be in widescreen. I hope Larry Sanders lives up to my expectations tomorrow.

Letterman is shown in HD in America so maybe ITV haven't bought a widescreen version or CBS will not sell it to them.

Conan is also shown in HD.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10bii wrote:
    Letterman is shown in HD in America so maybe ITV haven't bought a widescreen version or CBS will not sell it to them.

Conan is also shown in HD.

As is Leno, but Conan is the only one we get to see in widescreen over here (via the letterbox format).
  • 10bii10bii Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote:
    As is Leno, but Conan is the only one we get to see in widescreen over here (via the letterbox format).

In fact, all except for two late night talk shows are shown in HD.

They all look outstanding by the way. Amazing detail, and you'll never look at celebrities the same way for all their facial faults really pop out. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good to see Dave back and on form, but hey isn't it time he gave up the white socks. A very informative show, how many of you guys knew that he could 'skew nail' two bits of wood together:cool:. even George Dubya can't do dat!

And Woody Harleson, and his 'organic' lifesyle, and don't forget tonite, Dave goes 'Head - to - Head' with ex-con Martha Stewart :rolleyes:.

Was also good to see Paul back with the CBS Orchestra and a fleeting glimpse of Alan.

But where did he dig up the 'loon' that carves pumpkins in the winter an water melons in the summer?

Clyderider
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    They need to put it on earlier and on a more regular time. 12-30 is too late for most people. I know it's the late show but this is rather extracting the urine.

11pm sounds like a more reasonable time.
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thread about Dave. :D Yay. :D

The Late Show is the greatest show on earth - full stop. :)

Shameless promotion for James' and mine's website - www.lateshowuk.com

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    with a huge grin and a great feeling (satisfaction?)-i sat down to watch last nights show. the monologue was as strong as ever(pops at the clintons/martha stewart-and later bush!)-the audience were "in tune"-overall a great first show to convert letterman "virgins"
    only when dave questioned rupert about halloween my heart began to sink-i found myself wondering "how old is this show?"-
    then spotted clyderiders post-(thanks clyde! :) ) on here-its daves week off -so "best of's..."- another bonus,getting to see shows we missed while dave was off the air over here!
    read the launch night news on the main page- itv4 not on sky yet???
    ...and also-itv on telewest is now m&m-its 8 pm so beginning to wonder/hope they "switch"!!!
    Forum Member
    glad you posted paul. i think you were posting on here before me so was a bit worried i might upset some of you by creating this thread, then realised,we're all on the same side!
    didnt mean to pre-empt anyone or their steal their thunder!
    hope everyone joins in !
    lets see if we can beat the NASN thread!!!!!!
    cheers!
    mark:)
  • paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great work - we're all friends here. :)
    Forum Member
    writing this 9:46 pm-men and motors is still men and motors.
    phoned telewest-automated recording"telewest are currently not showing itv4 we are trying to negotiate the best programme line up for our viewers"
    spoke to (nice) lady-she confirmed this.
    disappointed.will have to wait
    holding off getting a freeview box as i probably would be wasting £30.
    fed up-but, worse things happen...
    was really looking forward to seeing dave "lay into" martha stewart too!
    oh well,*sigh*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thread about Dave. Yay.

The Late Show is the greatest show on earth - full stop.

Shameless promotion for James' and mine's website - www.lateshowuk.com

Hi Paul, pleased you're doing a bit of 'self promo' :) , I spotted your 'flyer' for your website on another thread, and for the life of me I couldn't remember where I had seen it (you got to remember, Dave an I are about the same age, not getting any younger either :) so the old grey matter isn't as quick as it used to be . I can now 'check it out' an see if it's worth looking at :rolleyes: . (Your website, not Dave's show :D )

First time I saw Daves show was on Clyde Cable ( I think it was on Bravo, before that channel became a sh*t channel) back in the late 80's so I guess it was the NBC show no the CBS one as it is at the moment.

And hey Mark this is a good idea. I'll try to post the guest list every week, if I remember, if I don't PM me and give me a gentle reminder:cool: .

Well the shows about to start so catch up with you guys later:D

Clyderider
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Very irritating that they cut - very abruptly - into ad breaks during conversations (for more Admiral car insurance ads :rolleyes: ). That's the first time I've seen that with the UK Letterman re-runs. Surely they don't need to do it as badly as that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with you ,gkmacca, it was the poorest piece of editing that I've ever seen, it almost looked like they had cut parts of the show out completely, for example Dave thanked Buckwheat Zydeco for his great playing, now maybe i'm just old and befuddled ;) , but I can't remember hearing any Cajun Accordian playing during the show, which as a fan of Buckwheats' I was looking forward to :( .

Rating This show:
    7/10, Martha Stewart was excellent!
    ITV4's presentation and editing of it 3/10.

Clyderider
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    So does anyone know if there has actually been any material cut from the show to accomodate ITV4's extra ad breaks?
    The total runnig time of the show seems pretty much as it did on ITV2, but i don't know, the show seems to be over a lot quicker now. It really feels like they've cut bits out. I can understand if they have just cut out Dave's throws to commercial breaks, but it feels as if we're missing some of the show.
    Take the pumpkin carver on tuesday night. Not that that was the greatest act I've ever seen on the Late Show, but what happened to him? we never saw him again after the initila introduction and a quick look 30 seconds later to see how he was getting on.

does anyone else watch the show from another source and can confirm whether or not we're missing parts of the show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im fairly sure nothing is edited out, just reall poor editing.

Its really strange, the programme has more as breaks in the US than it needs over here so the problem should be 'how do we link the two parts as we don't need another ad break'.
    But instead they 'create' their own ad break (in mid conversation) when there is more than enough places for adverts already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Anyone know whatever happened to 'Manny' ?

Mike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I HATE this guy and his show... he is pure cornball... not funny at all.. and so bad at "interviewing" it beggars belief that he is up there wth Leno, Larry King etc

Bloody awful......not even his excellent guests can redeeem it as he jsut leaves them to rabbit on about their favourite subject... themsleves...which is plain old smug conceit. I wanted to vomit when he had Travolta on....and the other night Woody harleson going on and on and on about organic etc etc.... fine but hey they all go on looking for "deciples" for their pet cult whatever that maybe.............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing, while your probably get attacked in this thread for a view like that, your entitled to your opinion.

I think Dave is VERY funny, but can see that most will either love him or hate him.
    One thing i do agree with you is that his interviewing tecnique is not great, but he makes up for this with his humour during the other parts of the show. Personally i think Conan is the best at actual interviews out of Letterman, Leno and Conan. Jon Stewart is very good at interviews too, but its a slightly different kind of show.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote:
    I HATE this guy and his show... he is pure cornball... not funny at all.. and so bad at "interviewing" it beggars belief that he is up there wth Leno, Larry King etc

Bloody awful......not even his excellent guests can redeeem it as he jsut leaves them to rabbit on about their favourite subject... themsleves...which is plain old smug conceit. I wanted to vomit when he had Travolta on....and the other night Woody harleson going on and on and on about organic etc etc.... fine but hey they all go on looking for "deciples" for their pet cult whatever that maybe.............

Aha! I think we've found the bloke who edits the show for ITV4. ;)
This discussion has been closed.