Options

Remote Control Extenders & the 9200

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
I have distributed the RF output of the 9200 to the rest of the house and would like to be able to control it from other rooms in the house using a wireless remote control extender. e.g. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9638&doy=1m11D

Has anyone successfully used one of these gadgets with their 9200? From what I've read, they are not all compatible with all digiboxes (including some sky, cable & freeview boxes). Aparently, it depends on which IR 'standard' your system uses.

Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Options
    JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    My Tevion video sender purchased from Aldi last summer(£25) works fine with the 9200 and 8000 but I doubt whether any shops will still have stock at present.

If it comes round again, it seems to be a good value buy to use with the Humax; no compatibility issue at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I am using the Philips SBC VL1200 wireless link with the 9200.

I found that if the IR eye on the Philips was too close to the IR window on the HUMAX, I could not use the remote while in the same room, as it would appear that the Philips "leaks" IR noise, which muddies ths remote signal and makes the 9200 sluggish to respond, unless using the remote at very close quarters.

I simply moved the IR diode further away, and now have no problems at all. Apart from needing to carry the remote around of course.

Barry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi there Barry, could you let me know where exactly you had to position the philips sender box in relation to the humax 9200 to get it to actually change the channel/control it when using the remote from another room?

I have the same box plus the \Philips SBCVL1400 Wireless TV Link and can't get a restul on either.

On the Philips SBCVL1400 Wireless TV Link , I manage to get a green light happening when using the remote from another room (suggesting the SBCVL1400 is actually sending the humax's control), but alas I cannot do anything else - despite having tried seemingly every combination of SBCVL1400 and Humax 9200 positioning (on top, by the side, directly nexy to the Humax 9200 IR window) etc etc.

Is there anyone else who is successfully using the SBCVL1400 with the Humax 9200 and what is the golden position you have found for your other sender, Barry?

Cheers, Dave
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    No I don't think these two will work together.

Sound and video transfer is fine but I coudn't get the Humax remote to work with the Philips - which sort of defeats the object.

You will only be able to change channels if you take the remote into the room where the Humax is stationed - which isn't really feasible if you want to watch a TV upstairs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Johna7770 wrote:
    Has anyone successfully used one of these gadgets with their 9200?

I bought a One4All remote extender on ebay (£20), which I setup yesterday and it works perfectly from upstairs !

Only confusion I had was their 'transmitter' is the IR receiver, and vice versa, which meant I initially put them in the wrong places (box labelled 'receiver' actually needs to be in room with 9200).

(I tried to post an img link but this rubbish forum won't allow them !)
  • Options
    MethanoidMethanoid Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the Sky Remote Eye work with this box by any chance? Looking to dump Sky+ (silly prices for something I dont use much on Sky channels) and get a Hummy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jblackmore wrote:
    I bought a One4All remote extender on ebay (£20), which I setup yesterday and it works perfectly from upstairs !

Only confusion I had was their 'transmitter' is the IR receiver, and vice versa, which meant I initially put them in the wrong places (box labelled 'receiver' actually needs to be in room with 9200).

(I tried to post an img link but this rubbish forum won't allow them !)

THis is not a rubbish forum, there is loads of link posted in posts, what up with some of you people today lol.

Goto advance and hit the icon with a link on it it will then ask for text click ok on that, then it will ask for the http address for your link. again press ok.

In future before calling this forum rubbish, ask for help. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Methanoid wrote:
    Does the Sky Remote Eye work with this box by any chance? Looking to dump Sky+ (silly prices for something I dont use much on Sky channels) and get a Hummy

TV link Plus enabled my remote Eye's to work as before with $ky TVlinkPlus
  • Options
    MethanoidMethanoid Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrcupcake wrote:
    TV link Plus enabled my remote Eye's to work as before with $ky TVlinkPlus

Thanks - I knew there would be SOME solution!